Chutzpah jr latest from G

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby Sarc » 13th Dec 09, 19:47

speak for yourself, sadly you where the only brunette willing to be seen with me.
Not sent from my fucking iphone.

The Wicked Mod of the South.

Go here you might like it.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Eureka_Machines/index.php
Sarc

Postby spoon_of_grimbo » 14th Dec 09, 01:27

aside from that godawful "i fuckin' love new york" cheeseball bit, "vernix" is close to being a perfect WH track!!! although i think the best on there is "all that zen," for me it's the best song of all the chutzpah sessions.
IF THERE'S A SOUND YOU PLAY THAT DOESN'T FIT TODAY,
WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE BASTARD ANYWAY?!
spoon_of_grimbo

Postby nuno75 » 14th Dec 09, 03:55

spoon_of_grimbo wrote:aside from that godawful "i fuckin' love new york" cheeseball bit, "vernix" is close to being a perfect WH track!!! although i think the best on there is "all that zen," for me it's the best song of all the chutzpah sessions.

Ahhh... the New York part is one of my favorite parts of the song.

If I have any complaint about Vernix, it's the part where he stops and says "Woah, woah... shit". I could've done without "let me catch me breath" bit. Kind of overtelling the joke or something. And the whole thing was done with his "old man telling stories to young children in a library" voice. I'd have preferred more of a regular guy tone to it.

But if it bugs me at all, it's only the tiniest bit.
nuno75

Postby markE » 14th Dec 09, 11:32

thankyou so much to Nuno and the Wildhearts for my early christmas present. these tunes fucking rock - especially some days.
i'm going to be sooo gutted if they play at at any xmess shows though.
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Postby rockadler » 14th Dec 09, 16:27

Where is "Shine"?
rockadler

Postby Ross » 14th Dec 09, 16:29

Sweet as a nut these are. Vernix is ace, twisty and turny and exactly the sort of I love from the Wildhearts.
Ross

Postby Sarc » 14th Dec 09, 16:55

rockadler wrote:Where is "Shine"?

Shine never got recorded in the end.
Not sent from my fucking iphone.

The Wicked Mod of the South.

Go here you might like it.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Eureka_Machines/index.php
Sarc

Postby Steveo123 » 14th Dec 09, 17:41

Just to let everyone know there is a copy of Chutzpah Jnr on Piratebay.org just search"chutzpah" and you'll find it! :)
Steveo123

Postby SiN1758 » 14th Dec 09, 22:48

Finally got it!! What a great EP!!!

Vernix is now my new favourite Wildhearts tune!!!
SiN1758

Postby Andwah » 15th Dec 09, 15:48

Under The Waves is the fucked up grandchild of Ginger/Wildhearts and the odd looking ladyboy that sang Dead or Alive/Therapy?(?)
Andwah

Postby Seb Wildheart » 16th Dec 09, 07:35

Don't know why, but somehow a little Devin Townsend came to my mind when I listened to Under the Waves for the first time... 8)
Seb Wildheart

Postby EMMO » 16th Dec 09, 12:45

I only needed 3 as I got the Jap Import and already had The Monkey….

So vernix, under the waves and Some days… are now on the ipod.

The 3 songs are OK but I can see why they didn’t make Chutzpah. Some days… is catchy but Vernix sounds like a car crash of a song and Under the Waves is not bad but nothing special.

Im glad the 3 songs I didn’t have didn’t make didn’t make the UK or Jap version of Chutzpah as in my opinion they fall short of the standard required.

That said Im glad I have them.
PHUQ, FISHING FOR LUCKIES, CHUTZPAH!, EARTH VS, ...MUST BE DESTROYED, DONT BE HAPPY, ENDLESS NAMELESS, COUPLED WITH , THE WILDHEARTS
EMMO

Postby floyd » 16th Dec 09, 12:54

These are the notes taken from the Chutzpah jnr mini album, stop reading now if you would rather wait to read them yourself, when you have the Cd in your sweaty hands!

!CHUTZPAH! jnr: Originally titled 'Chutzpah1' this song was intended to be the opener for the album,and was written as such,with an ending using the same notes as the intro riff of 'The jackson whites',perfectly complimenting the originally proposed segue. When 'Chutzpah 2' was chosen for the album,but 'Chutzpah 1' was considered too weak an opener (next to the huge riff of 'The jackson whites') the songs were renamed. 'Chutzpah 2' became simply 'Chutzpah!', and the re-titled opener, presented to you here in all its psychotic glory, became 'Chutzpah jnr', the out take,the mutt. I personally love this song. All samples are created from my home recording equipment and presented as they sounded on the original demo.

THE SNAKE, THE LION,THE MONKEY AND THE SPIDER: Written about the London show where i had what can only be described as a public meltdown live onstage! I was completely sober,and had been for the best part of a year and a half, and the dressing room before the show was filled with my family and children, the band was about to be taken over by new management and the pressure to play a great London performance collectively took its emotional toll and the gig was a shambles, Strangely it transpired that odd events had been happening to everyone that day culminating in domestic spats, arguments,angry outbursts and a general feeling of unease throughout the day. Whether i had inadvertently supplied the negative energy or had merely been swept up in it,suffice it to say that the day was a very weird one indeed. I'm not sure which of the band are represented by which animal of the title, although i'm sure i'm the lion and Scott is the monkey. CJ could be the spider with his long brown legs but i have no idea why i would have referred to Ritch as the snake. Safe to say that strict abstinence is good for some and not for others. Be your own lamp.

All THAT ZEN: Written for an intended solo album, and as part of a huge campaign of mine to write 50 songs in 50 days,it was decided that we'd have a crack at rearranging the song for the Chutzpah! album. to be honest,with the song being edited down from just under 5 minutes to just over 3, i personally think we lost the magic and the groove of the original home recording and ended up with an interesting,if inconsistent and needlessly choppy version of the song as it was. Jacob Hansen's awesome production effectively mask the deficiencies and the final result has an awkward charm about it that i'm still very proud to have you hear. Some things warrant investigation and some things are best left alone, in the end i'm honoured to be in a band that will take chances,regardless of the outcome.

VERNIX: This is my favourite song from the sessions but was exclaimed to be "too jazzy" for the album,by committee. The twists and turns of the arrangement are identical to the home demo recording i did of this song. The guys instantly hated me when i sent this song to them but put on such an incredible performance with the eventual studio recording that it makes me very proud to let you hear it and appreciate just how well this band can actually play. The song started out as a way of cobbling together my favourite segments of songs that for whatever reason, didn't get fleshed out into complete songs for the album. Some due to time restraints (we were very hard on ourselves,time wise,on this album) and others due to merely being so melodic that finding sections to compliment them proved impossible. Together,however,these strange little segments compliment each other perfectly in 'Bohemian Rhapsody'-on PCP-kind of way.

I will do the notes for the other 4 songs, when my eyes recover from all this typing! :shock:
floyd

Postby markE » 16th Dec 09, 13:44

andylangbos wrote:Some Days... While very listenable (although i think there was room for more lyrics in the chorus other than 'dont try suicide, everything will be alright', coulda been alot more accessible if they'd expanded the lyrical content a bit more), its just not giving me the same. I'm already happy i've got 'classic' wildhearts to listen to, one of the reasons i value chutzpah as i do! I love the sound of the 'i know where u are' bit, but it would have sounded more relevant in 2001. Still, the sentiment is nice

really? i think this is a fantastic song, with a great multi layered chorus. the harmonies/ different vocal passages on this are among my favourite wildhearts output for a long long time. brilliant stuff.
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Postby SteveP » 16th Dec 09, 13:53

floyd wrote:I will do the notes for the other 4 songs, when my eyes recover from all this typing! :shock:

Scanning my boy, scanning, it's the future, what is all this typing malarkey?? :D

See you tomorrow night for the O'Neill's Corner door table reunion :D (minus Chris of course :( )
23 Pictures In A Tent....

'The bus is gannin fuckin neewhere'
SteveP

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat