Chutzpah jr latest from G

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby splattermania » 12th Dec 09, 21:39

Thanks Nuno..your'e a star.....

I presume these have been left on here as Ginger endorsed the ol'file sharing!!!!

Beats paying £40 quid on e-bay...

Under the Waves is a bit shite...one of only a handful of Wildhearts songs I don't like...but the other 2 could sit happily on the main album
splattermania

Postby melx » 12th Dec 09, 21:53

splattermania wrote:Thanks Nuno..your'e a star.....

I presume these have been left on here as Ginger endorsed the ol'file sharing!!!!

Beats paying £40 quid on e-bay...

Under the Waves is a bit shite...one of only a handful of Wildhearts songs I don't like...but the other 2 could sit happily on the main album

I agree with everything.
:wink:
melx

Postby Col » 13th Dec 09, 00:43

Great work Nuno, cheers.
Col

Postby andylangbos » 13th Dec 09, 02:27

Thanks very much Nuno, your a star!

Have listened to these ALOT, and i think every one has its own charm as a wildhearts choon. Under the waves i think, while very different is still in its own way very wildhearts, and to me will sit happily amongst everthing else (in their back catalog, not on chutzpah!, they sound too different to fit on the same album). One of the things i love about the wildhearts(/ginger) is their ability to produce music that challenges what you were expecting, and so, in an endless nameless sorta way (which is awesome) under the waves was just another lovely curve ball....as is vernix (still love the chorus!)

Some Days... While very listenable (although i think there was room for more lyrics in the chorus other than 'dont try suicide, everything will be alright', coulda been alot more accessible if they'd expanded the lyrical content a bit more), its just not giving me the same. I'm already happy i've got 'classic' wildhearts to listen to, one of the reasons i value chutzpah as i do! I love the sound of the 'i know where u are' bit, but it would have sounded more relevant in 2001. Still, the sentiment is nice.

In short, On the whole, very happy with chutzpah jnr as a package, the snake the monkey never gets old!!!
andylangbos

Postby Col » 13th Dec 09, 11:03

Anyone else think Vernix sounds like an EM number?
Col

Postby WiredOut » 13th Dec 09, 11:33

andylangbos wrote:Thanks very much Nuno, your a star!

Have listened to these ALOT, and i think every one has its own charm as a wildhearts choon. Under the waves i think, while very different is still in its own way very wildhearts, and to me will sit happily amongst everthing else (in their back catalog, not on chutzpah!, they sound too different to fit on the same album). One of the things i love about the wildhearts(/ginger) is their ability to produce music that challenges what you were expecting, and so, in an endless nameless sorta way (which is awesome) under the waves was just another lovely curve ball....as is vernix (still love the chorus!)

Some Days... While very listenable (although i think there was room for more lyrics in the chorus other than 'dont try suicide, everything will be alright', coulda been alot more accessible if they'd expanded the lyrical content a bit more), its just not giving me the same. I'm already happy i've got 'classic' wildhearts to listen to, one of the reasons i value chutzpah as i do! I love the sound of the 'i know where u are' bit, but it would have sounded more relevant in 2001. Still, the sentiment is nice.

In short, On the whole, very happy with chutzpah jnr as a package, the snake the monkey never gets old!!!

I get what you're saying, but Some Days does have other lyrics in the chorus, it's just that they're floating around in the harmonies. Anyway, beautiful stuff, The Wildies can somehow still surprise and thrill with words, movements and moments after all this time (like the '25 seconds/25 mothers...' bit and 'building my wings on the way down...'). I know I've been a bit of a moan at times recently on here but I'm still in love with this shit, in fact sometimes I'm a moan precisely 'cos I love this shit. I love the 'core!

And Nuno, thank you, you are the King of the Internet. :)
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Postby scully » 13th Dec 09, 12:26

WiredOut wrote:And Nuno, thank you, you are the King of the Internet. :)

:lol:
Agreed 110%!!!
...and you will know me by the trail of dead...dead...dead...dead...
scully

Postby bucks » 13th Dec 09, 12:30

just to say many thanks this will keep me going on my xmas nite shifts

not going to listen until i can crank it up
bucks

Postby Nickinvincible » 13th Dec 09, 13:14

Loving Vernix and Some Days. Vernix is for me such a strong song, I reckon I might have put it on the album instead of Low Energy Vortex maybe, but there we go.

Some Days - did WH play a snap of the chorus somewhere on their tour? Or maybe Ginger did a bit of it on his solo tour? I totally recognised it when I heard it...
Nickinvincible

Postby Sarc » 13th Dec 09, 13:26

He did but I'm buggered if I can remember where though mind you I remember you being stood with me when it happened so chances are it would have been the last date on the last tour in Londondon toon.
Not sent from my fucking iphone.

The Wicked Mod of the South.

Go here you might like it.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Eureka_Machines/index.php
Sarc

Postby Mattie » 13th Dec 09, 15:46

Something about 'Some Days' reminded me of Johnny Panic, though I'm not sure why entirely.

Maybe it's just the sentiment and 'hand on shoulder' thing on the song 'Never Me' (the end part of it)
http://www.myspace.com/johnnypanic
ImageImage
Mattie

JNR

Postby macc lad » 13th Dec 09, 16:05

There is a god and his name is NUNO !

Posted before listening Nuno many thanks, and yes i'm still going to buy the CD at the wolves show. :D
Ask lots of questions dont eat the bullshit
macc lad

JNR

Postby macc lad » 13th Dec 09, 17:05

Ok so Vernix and Some days are immense i love them, and under the waves is growing on me alot
Ask lots of questions dont eat the bullshit
macc lad

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 13th Dec 09, 18:06

Pretty cool of the band to allow this, I mean if you haven't got the Jap version of the aibum that is a pretty fine selection of tunes there. I still love All That Zen and the 3 extra tracks are interesting, Under the Waves makes me think of the style of Plastic Jebus, but it isn't as good and isn't doing much for me (not cos of the dancey feel) the other two tracks are great though.
Jason_scorching_past

Postby Nickinvincible » 13th Dec 09, 19:45

Sarc wrote:He did but I'm buggered if I can remember where though mind you I remember you being stood with me when it happened so chances are it would have been the last date on the last tour in Londondon toon.

Yes indeedy, it was a beautiful moment we shared! :lol:
Nickinvincible

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat