Petition to get Chutzpah Jnr released through the website?

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Petition to get Chutzpah Jnr released through the website?

Postby inglorious01 » 9th Dec 09, 09:31

Can we start a petition or something to at least get the CD of Chutzpah Jnr released through the website??
I think it's a bit unfair that people who want this, me included, won't be able to get to any of the shows and may miss out.

It may be available to download after but I'd much rather have the cd to be honest!
inglorious01

Postby Radish » 9th Dec 09, 10:59

Not wishing to stir the pot of dissent at all, but as much as I want to get hold of a copy of Chutzpah Jnr., I wouldn't sign up to a petition such as this. The situation is what it is, it's happened, it's happening, and when it's all over it will have happened.

I understand that some people feel it's unfair that they can't get something that they want, and that it's unfair because they've been such loyal fans over the years. I consider myself to be something of a loyal fan, so can see where the feelings come from. However, I don't claim to have any right to influence anything this band does, beyond the impact of my shelling out my hard-earned for gig tickets, cds, downloads, t-shirts and whatever else they do.

I think it's great that people are so passionate about this band, enough so to get upset and angry enough to want to do something about things like this cd. But for me, I'm happy to accept things are the way they are, and one way or another I'll get a copy of Chutzpah Jnr. eventually (possibly at a future WH gig it may seem). If the band/management decide to sell the cd online, fine, that'll be nice. But if they don't, that's up to them and I don't see that I should feel I have a right to put pressure on to change that decision.

If I bump into Ginger or somebody then maybe I'd bring it up in conversation ("Curious business decision, but not one without merit - care to discuss?") but given the shitstorm that seems to have broken on here maybe I wouldn't. Fuck, if Green Day or U2 or somebody did this, it'd make the front page of the FT (ok, maybe page 4 or something) as a bold business move, breaking the conventional rules of getting product out to the fans. This would have the likes of BJ and Bono being interviewed by Paxman on Newsnight.

Anyway, 'nuff said. I'm not trying to influence anybody's thinking or say you don't have a right to your opinions, I just wanted to say what I'm thinking. So I did.
Thangyew and goooooodnight.
Terrified, intoxiciated,
Starry eyed and bollock naked...

There's only two complaints I have about the way you are,
That's all you say and all you do...
Radish

Postby vanrad » 9th Dec 09, 11:10

It's been done already!
http://www.gingerandthesoniccircus.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=4968
vanrad

Postby WiredOut » 9th Dec 09, 19:58

Not saying I'm in favour of a petition but I also struggle to see how fans would 'not have the right' to sign and send a petition that basically said 'We, music fans, would like the opportunity to give you, musicians and music people, money in exchange for music on a CD.' Surely you have the right to send it, and they have an equal right to ignore it completely.

Threats of boycotts and embargoes and eating lots of Spicy Twiglets and Dr Pepper then jumping around in their front garden, spinning around on the spot, punching yourself repeatedly in the stomach and then spraying hideous great spouts of black diarrhoea straight out of your arse through their letterbox all over their hallway carpets, walls and cupboards, overturning lamps, squinting pictures and smashing photographs, would seem a little more unreasonable and indeed I would have to question and seriously scrutinise such proposals.
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Postby Andwah » 9th Dec 09, 20:54

Threats of boycotts and embargoes and eating lots of Spicy Twiglets and Dr Pepper then jumping around in their front garden, spinning around on the spot, punching yourself repeatedly in the stomach and then spraying hideous great spouts of black diarrhoea straight out of your arse through their letterbox all over their hallway carpets, walls and cupboards, overturning lamps, squinting pictures and smashing photographs, would seem a little more unreasonable and indeed I would have to question and seriously scrutinise such proposals.

So we're not doing that again then?
Andwah

Postby Radish » 10th Dec 09, 16:56

WiredOut wrote: 'We, music fans, would like the opportunity to give you, musicians and music people, money in exchange for music on a CD.' Surely you have the right to send it, and they have an equal right to ignore it completely.

What I was trying to (or should have) say. :) Except I don't think I have the right to expect them to pay any attention to it. Or something like that.
Terrified, intoxiciated,
Starry eyed and bollock naked...

There's only two complaints I have about the way you are,
That's all you say and all you do...
Radish

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat