moodswings and roundabouts possible ebay bargain!

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

moodswings and roundabouts possible ebay bargain!

Postby Jimmy79 » 7th Dec 09, 22:23

Jimmy79

Postby SteveP » 9th Dec 09, 12:34

SHITE!!!

I missed out on it by a dollar (about £1.60)

Thought with 6 hours to go, after the thread being on here for over a day and no bids, that I'd get it ridiculously cheap, so calculated my maximum bid to around £35.

BOLLICKS!! :cry: let's hope another comes up soon
23 Pictures In A Tent....

'The bus is gannin fuckin neewhere'
SteveP

Postby Knetan » 9th Dec 09, 16:17

hey,

there was another on there but not up for bidding, only offers or Buy Now option for about 250 US.
Knetan

Postby Jimmy79 » 9th Dec 09, 18:49

SteveP wrote:SHITE!!!

Thought with 6 hours to go, after the thread being on here for over a day and no bids, that I'd get it ridiculously cheap, so calculated my maximum bid to around £35.

damn who ever got that got it cheap!
Jimmy79

Postby Knetan » 9th Dec 09, 19:05

hey,

is much of, some of the content of this box still exclusive? I.e. certain tracks are still only available in this box?
Knetan

Postby floyd » 9th Dec 09, 19:14

Knetan wrote:hey,

is much of, some of the content of this box still exclusive? I.e. certain tracks are still only available in this box?

no none of it is exclusive to this set. though dont know what the re-recorded version of 29x The Pain is, anybody?
floyd

Postby WiredOut » 9th Dec 09, 19:29

floyd wrote:

no none of it is exclusive to this set. though dont know what the re-recorded version of 29x The Pain is, anybody?

The song was re-recorded in 1996 with some minor lyrical and instrumental changes and put out on the Fishing For Luckies vinyl that year (Weekend was also re-recorded and stuck on it). I think it was the same version that they later put on the EastWest Best of The Wildhearts album, which I think also came out the same year.
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Postby Ean » 10th Dec 09, 00:35

WiredOut wrote:
floyd wrote:

The song was re-recorded in 1996 with some minor lyrical and instrumental changes and put out on the Fishing For Luckies vinyl that year (Weekend was also re-recorded and stuck on it). I think it was the same version that they later put on the EastWest Best of The Wildhearts album, which I think also came out the same year.

It's essentially the song the way it's played live.

Lyrics
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby SteveP » 10th Dec 09, 11:25

Jimmy79 wrote:

damn who ever got that got it cheap!

Tell me about it, I thought I was on for bargain of the century :cry:
23 Pictures In A Tent....

'The bus is gannin fuckin neewhere'
SteveP

Postby Ady » 10th Dec 09, 11:30

You know that when you see it on here, you know the price is going to be hiked up. I'm still holding out for a copy, but i never really have £100 lying round spare. And i missed the last one GRR.
Life has teeth, and bites the feeding open hand.

http://www.twitter.com/adycolclough
Ady

Postby seventieslord » 10th Dec 09, 17:27

Ebay lecture time.

If you're pissed that you missed out on it, that means you were willing to pay more. If not, you would be satisfied knowing you went as high as you could but someone else just wanted it more. If you were willing to pay more, why didn't you? The system will only outbid the 2nd-highest guy by as much as it needs to, to keep you ahead.

I'm an ebay veteran. 1500 transactions. This is my mantra:

Bid once. Bid late. Bid high.

The benefits of bidding once:

You mask your interest until the very end. No one knows you're after it, and no one gets into a "bidding war" with you. It may give someone a false sense of security like you had, and they could do exactly what you did.

The benefits of bidding late:

You will eliminate the possibility that someone can come back in and outbid you.

The benefits of bidding high:

There is no logical reason to bid less than the maximum that you will pay, and when you are following the above, and bidding once and late, this is even more true.

There is a site called www.esnipe.com that will do it all for you. You tell it the item number, it logs in on your behalf and bids with just a few secons left. They charge what amounts to about 1% of the final bid price which is a bargain. (I believe it is a minimum of 25c and a maximum of $1.00 though) - and I think all items in non-US currency are an automatic $1.00 - still a bargain.

Use this info wisely, and the next time there is a Moodswings boxset, if you are the one who wants it the most, you will win it.
seventieslord

Postby Jimmy79 » 10th Dec 09, 19:31

Ady wrote:You know that when you see it on here, you know the price is going to be hiked up. .

around 36.50 seems pretty reasonable to me
Jimmy79

Postby vickyp » 10th Dec 09, 19:38

seventieslord wrote: Bid once. Bid late. Bid high.

You are quite right, this is my method also. Bid the maximum you are willing to pay in the dying minutes (or seconds if you have a good connection and trust it to go through) of the auction, and don't bid until then. It just pushes the price up.
If I see an item I want and there are already 10 people bidding small amounts with a week to go, I don't even bother watching it. And if people are asking unreasonable amounts for P&P I won't bid either. (Unfortunately I can't do the same with ticket agencies)
Zorro won't build me a time machine
vickyp

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat