The Jackson Whites 1:57

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

The Jackson Whites 1:57

Postby Kyukyuichi » 6th Dec 09, 08:14

Hello

Both of my Chutzpah CD (UK & Jap copy) has a noise at 1:57 when I play "The Jackson Whites".
Am I too unlucky guy or every CD has this noise?

Sorry this is not a Chutzpah Jnr related topic..... :oops:
Kyukyuichi

Postby melx » 6th Dec 09, 17:32

I'm not really sure what you mean, there's nothing out of the ordinary at 1:57 on mine...what kind of sound are you hearing?
melx

Postby Kyukyuichi » 6th Dec 09, 17:46

Not really like a noise but like an unnatural sound a bit (like left / right clicking sound on laptop....).

Sorry my expression is poor,but I hope you understand....
Kyukyuichi

Postby nuno75 » 6th Dec 09, 18:32

Without going in and checking exactly the time you're talking about, I think I know what you're talking about. It's during the relatively quiet part in the verse, actually in both verses.

I assumed it was just an intentional sound effect to add ambience.
nuno75

Postby vickyp » 6th Dec 09, 22:36

yeah I can hear that too, just a little. The bit that always gets me is the click right at the end of The Only One - it sounds ok through my computer but when I've got it on in the car (usually very loud) it sounds like a 'pop'. I'd love to be able to just take that one sound off the CD, because that song (and indeed the whole album) is so god-damn perfect otherwise. I don't want this to sound like I'm picking at the production, I think the album sounds great.
Zorro won't build me a time machine
vickyp

Postby WiredOut » 7th Dec 09, 18:51

Thought you were talking about the ambient/electro squelches which sound like scissors clicking in the start of the verses. However, I went to the time and it sounds almost exactly like the arm of a phonograph needle clicking. Not saying that's what it is of course. Hmmm. This record just keeps on giving, doesn't it? Will we ever reach the bottom of its ocean of mysteries? ;)
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Postby melx » 8th Dec 09, 02:16

WiredOut wrote:Thought you were talking about the ambient/electro squelches which sound like scissors clicking in the start of the verses. However, I went to the time and it sounds almost exactly like the arm of a phonograph needle clicking. Not saying that's what it is of course. Hmmm. This record just keeps on giving, doesn't it? Will we ever reach the bottom of its ocean of mysteries? ;)

...I need to listen to this through good headphones..... I'll get back to this thread later.
melx

Postby IceMan » 9th Dec 09, 00:44

I can hear it in my rip of the track (from the original album before anyone thinks I haven't bought it!), it's on the word "city" in "the city ain't no place for laying down", sounds like a little crackle/ripple in the audio. I presume everyone therefore has it!
IceMan

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat