CHUTZPAH! Mini Album only available at the Xmess shows!!!!

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby gothbotherer » 8th Dec 09, 02:24

And it's things like this that make me realise why I don't love The Wildhearts any more.

Signing off permenantly....
Look everybody! Twinkle's back!
gothbotherer

Postby gingersublime » 8th Dec 09, 03:20

Um... where do I start? Well, firstly, I appear to have developed an inability to spell and my backspace button isn't working due to biscuit crumbs on the keyboard so this may take a while. I live a crazy life!

I'm looking forward to listening to Chutzpah Jnr. REALLY looking forward to it! I counted down the days to the release of Chutzpah, and then counted down the minutes until midnight, when I decided I couldn't wait til the morning to buy it in my local shop, and downloaded it, something I rarely do cause I'm a luddite. I proceeded to listen to it all night, then went to buy it on CD the next day for a very reasonable tenner (ish!) so I had the packaging. It made my week, cause it's fucking ace, and i've been listening to it incessantly since. And as I say, I' can't wait for Chutzpah Jnr. and if I go to a gig on the Xmess (lovely pun, the Sun would be proud!) tour I will pick up a copy and will play it to death.

I'm 30 years old and the Wildhearts have provided a soundtrack to the highs and lows of my life since I was 14 and mean a lot to me but do you know what? If I couldn't make it to the gig and therefore couldn't buy a copy of Chutzpah Jnr, i'd be disappointed, but i'd be more disappointed in myself if I thought that anger was a justifiable sentiment to feel in not having this CD.

We don't OWN this band, nor do we OWN their music. and we have no god given right to DEMAND that we be allowed to hear that music. And if they, or their management, decide that a CD should be released as a limited edition which is only available in certain places, that's their perogative. It's not wrong and it's certainly not a new concept.

Just like when I had to wait for years to hear the brilliance of Fishing for Luckies when I was a kid cause I couldn't get it first time around, I'd be prepared to wait years again to hear these songs, and I wouldn't throw a tantum if I couldn't.

I'll just stick on Love You til I Don't and Dangerlust followed by Urge and Zomboid and finished off by the Hard Way and Mazel Tov Cocktail, with a huge amount in between, and let the hairs on my arm remind me that I've been blessed to listen to some pretty fucking great music over the years.

Yours Bluntly, Appreciatively and Perspectively,

x
gingersublime

Postby gingersublime » 8th Dec 09, 03:25

p.s. the R button has crumbs under it as well and I'm now throwing a tantum because of it.
gingersublime

Postby blackdeathcrew » 8th Dec 09, 09:35

^
^

Well said mate
ImageImage
blackdeathcrew

Postby iddsy » 8th Dec 09, 10:01

gothbotherer wrote:And it's things like this that make me realise why I don't love The Wildhearts any more.

turn the light off and close the door on your way out!!! the band will be better off without fans like u :evil:
iddsy

CHUTZPAH! Mini Album only available at the Xmess shows!!!!

Postby Ginger » 8th Dec 09, 12:46

Can't help but agree with IDDSY's last comment. Sad to see that some of you are leaving, we'll try our best to hold annual vigil on the anniversary of your exit. Take it easy out there.

Now can some kind soul already in posession of this mini album PLEASE make a file available so everyone can hear it? Everyone else just download the bloody thing and wait to buy a hard copy either at one of the future shows or by ordering one from someone attending one of the future shows.

And if you download it then please buy one a hard copy as we need the money to keep the band going.

Honestly, the easy access nature of the internet has turned some people into demanding maniacs. I used to have to wait for weeks to even hear my favourite bands latest turn up at my local shop, back when all this was fields, and not once did I stop loving them.

Anyone remember concert programmes? You couldn't download them buggers, you had to get a friend to buy you one or go to a concert. Sometimes I couldn't afford one, boo bleedin' hoo.

You'll all get to hear the album. Hey, if you can't be bothered to make friends with people then go to xtorrent.com or use the google search engine and enter Wildhearts streaming Chutzpah! Jnr.
You don't even have to pay- let alone be anally reamed of money that should go to more worthy places. And if you can't bear to hear the album without paying then download it for free and stick a tenner in a childrens charity box.

Now please, stop moaning and have a merry f**king xmas fer chrissakes!!!

Jeebus..

Gx
p.s. Any further comments please send to my twitter page, @Gingernyc
Ginger

Postby floyd » 8th Dec 09, 13:04

Shit.....Ginger's on, best get me coat now!!!!!
:coat:
floyd

Postby blackdeathcrew » 8th Dec 09, 13:07

Perfect response there Ginge 8)
ImageImage
blackdeathcrew

Postby Assmask » 8th Dec 09, 13:09

gothbotherer wrote:And it's things like this that make me realise why I don't love The Wildhearts any more.

Awww fuck, really?
8==m==D
8=m===D
8===m=D
8m====D--=__

The Big Grizzly

https://www.facebook.com/biggrizzlyband
Assmask

Re: CHUTZPAH! Mini Album only available at the Xmess shows!!

Postby markE » 8th Dec 09, 13:38

Ginger wrote:Can't help but agree with IDDSY's last comment. Sad to see that some of you are leaving, we'll try our best to hold annual vigil on the anniversary of your exit. Take it easy out there.

Now can some kind soul already in posession of this mini album PLEASE make a file available so everyone can hear it? Everyone else just download the bloody thing and wait to buy a hard copy either at one of the future shows or by ordering one from someone attending one of the future shows.

And if you download it then please buy one a hard copy as we need the money to keep the band going.

Honestly, the easy access nature of the internet has turned some people into demanding maniacs. I used to have to wait for weeks to even hear my favourite bands latest turn up at my local shop, back when all this was fields, and not once did I stop loving them.

Anyone remember concert programmes? You couldn't download them buggers, you had to get a friend to buy you one or go to a concert. Sometimes I couldn't afford one, boo bleedin' hoo.

You'll all get to hear the album. Hey, if you can't be bothered to make friends with people then go to xtorrent.com or use the google search engine and enter Wildhearts streaming Chutzpah! Jnr.
You don't even have to pay- let alone be anally reamed of money that should go to more worthy places. And if you can't bear to hear the album without paying then download it for free and stick a tenner in a childrens charity box.

Now please, stop moaning and have a merry f**king xmas fer chrissakes!!!

Jeebus..

Gx
p.s. Any further comments please send to my twitter page, @Gingernyc

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Postby johnnywashngo » 8th Dec 09, 14:31

Ginger wrote:Can't help but agree with IDDSY's last comment. Sad to see that some of you are leaving, we'll try our best to hold annual vigil on the anniversary of your exit. Take it easy out there.

Lol - just great. I agree.

Ginger wrote:Now can some kind soul already in posession of this mini album PLEASE make a file available so everyone can hear it? Everyone else just download the bloody thing and wait to buy a hard copy either at one of the future shows or by ordering one from someone attending one of the future shows.

I will be buying a few spares if at all possible. Will be offering them on here after the Leeds gig. Here's hoping I can get my hands on some.

Ginger wrote:And if you download it then please buy one a hard copy as we need the money to keep the band going.

Wise words. Like anything, if you like what you download, go out and buy it.

Ginger wrote:You'll all get to hear the album. Hey, if you can't be bothered to make friends with people then go to xtorrent.com or use the google search engine and enter Wildhearts streaming Chutzpah! Jnr.

That made me chuckle a fair bit. I never, ever, imagined I would be hearing Ginger offering internet downloading advice. Times certainly have changed... for the better.

Ginger wrote:Now please, stop moaning and have a merry f**king xmas fer chrissakes!!!

Good advice.

Looking forward to seeing the band in Leeds. Can't wait to get my hands on a santa hat.
johnnywashngo

Postby WorldClassFad » 8th Dec 09, 15:00

Bollocks to it!!! I've just booked tickets to the London gig. Sod the fact that I really can't afford it. Nuts to my previous xmas commitments. My friends will hopefully understand.

gothbotherer Posted: 8th Dec 09, 01:24 Post subject:

And it's things like this that make me realise why I don't love The Wildhearts any more.

This person's negativity inspired me to do the complete opposite. It's pointless getting in a huff and taking your ball home. I'd much rather have an awesome time at the show and worry about my credit card bill in January. Bring on the 22nd!
WorldClassFad

Postby Superuser1 » 8th Dec 09, 15:01

This is utterly ridiculous...can everyone stop licking Gingers arse.

The fact of the matter is, that there are a lot of die hard fans out there, that are unable to make it to the xmess gigs
and they are being told that they cant get a copy of CHUTZPAH JNR unless they go to one of the gigs, or 'make a friend' on this website. Stupid, im sorry to say.

Not the way to treat loyal fans.

It would have been better to say it's first released at the xmess gigs, then at a later date will be available on the website.

And seriously, pull your tounges out of his arse. Im pretty sure you were all unhappy with it before Ginger posted about this

But you know what, I don't even care about this subject anymore. Just keep banging out those tunes and maybe consult the management on similar future issues.
Superuser1

Postby percy » 8th Dec 09, 15:02

johnnywashngo wrote:Can't wait to get my hands on a santa hat.

Can you upload it so we can get a copy? :lol:
percy

Postby iddsy » 8th Dec 09, 15:15

cant see any post licking gingers arse to be quite honest with you
iddsy

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat