CHUTZPAH! Mini Album only available at the Xmess shows!!!!

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby floyd » 28th Nov 09, 17:58

As posted by Ginger on the website.

And, while on the subject of the Xmas gigs the thorny issue of Chutzpah Jnr. The decision to make this available exclusively to people attending the Xmas shows is not a decision that has been made by me or, to my knowledge any member of the band. I’m sure this is a slight error and that the CD will be available at shows after Xmas. All I can personally say on the subject is that I hope the CD will NOT be on sale outside of the concert environment, dictating that you make some online friends and have them buy a copy for you. Who knows, actual friendships may subsequently blossom ensuring you all have international destinations for your future holidays? Having said this, we have management and a record label that make these decisions for us, so for all I know (and let’s face it I’ve been known to be wrong as frequently as any air breathing humanoid) you might soon be able to download it without any further effort or social value whatsoever. Yay.
floyd

Postby rockcity1971 » 28th Nov 09, 19:12

that would be awesome if someone can pick me up one and i'll gladly pay you for along with postage to the U.S. Please let me know!!! PM me and i'll get you the money before or after the show you are going to! Any help from anyone would be great!!!
Thank You!!!
George
rockcity1971

Postby SiKotic » 28th Nov 09, 22:00

I've posted on the begging thread too, but I'm desperately trying to double my chances of finding a friendly WH fan going to one of the gigs who will pick up a Chutzpah Jr CD for me!! Will willingly pay costs of the CD, P&P and some extra for your troubles... oh if only they had sold these at the Bristol date earlier this year!!

PM me if you can help,

Cheers!

Si. :D
SiKotic

Postby scully » 29th Nov 09, 02:19

Ean wrote:
scully wrote:
JasonH wrote:
scully wrote:I wasn't in the fan club when the original Fishing For Luckies came out but hell, we didn't have to wait too long for Joe Public to get these 'unheard' songs anyway, did we?

You didn't have to be in any fanclub, it was a mail-order item available to anyone.

Ok. What do i know? I'm in oz and at that time had to rely on Kerrap!!!, M Hammer, RAW etc for 'news'. (pre www as we know it) ;-)

I think the only place I ever saw it advertised, and by advertised I mean written about in a smallish news item, was in either Kerrang! or Raw.

OK. I understand now. It was reported as 'fan club only' AND 'mail order' (been googling). http://www.thewildhearts.com/history/history3.shtml. wiki and various other pages say 'fan club only' too - as reliable as wiki is :wink:
At the time i would have just presumed that because i wasn't in the fan club, i couldn't mail order it. Remember it was 1994 and i couldn't exactly buy it off cargo, changesone, amazon or ebay's websites. My point still is that although i didn't/couldn't get the original, i didn't have to wait too long to hear these FFL songs and i feel the same way about Chutzpah Jnr. I know they'll be available soon in some format one way or another.
...and you will know me by the trail of dead...dead...dead...dead...
scully

Postby melx » 29th Nov 09, 18:35

Ean wrote:
melx wrote:
Ady wrote:Lastest from Ginger via twitter: "Unfortunately I will not be able to sell any copies of Chutzpah jnr at my birthday show. Please spread this news around."

:?

anyone wanna swap 2 birthday tickets for 2 London tickets? :cry:

Melx, meet Kyter.

He wants 2 Birthday tickets, and the London WH show isn't sold out yet anyway, so I'm sure you could come to some arrangement?

sorry I was only joking, I can't make the christmas gigs :(
melx

Postby Ean » 29th Nov 09, 21:14

scully wrote:
Ean wrote:
scully wrote:
JasonH wrote:
scully wrote:I wasn't in the fan club when the original Fishing For Luckies came out but hell, we didn't have to wait too long for Joe Public to get these 'unheard' songs anyway, did we?

You didn't have to be in any fanclub, it was a mail-order item available to anyone.

Ok. What do i know? I'm in oz and at that time had to rely on Kerrap!!!, M Hammer, RAW etc for 'news'. (pre www as we know it) ;-)

I think the only place I ever saw it advertised, and by advertised I mean written about in a smallish news item, was in either Kerrang! or Raw.

OK. I understand now. It was reported as 'fan club only' AND 'mail order' (been googling). http://www.thewildhearts.com/history/history3.shtml. wiki and various other pages say 'fan club only' too - as reliable as wiki is :wink:
At the time i would have just presumed that because i wasn't in the fan club, i couldn't mail order it.

Part of the confusion may have been that the cheques for FFL had to go to the fan club address.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby Damian » 4th Dec 09, 14:57

Any reviews of the mini-LP, Stockholm-based purchasers?
Damian

Postby mikey » 4th Dec 09, 21:20

not sure if this the right thread but theres one of these mini albums for sale on ebay already at 18 quid with 5 days to go
mikey

Postby floyd » 4th Dec 09, 21:48

mikey wrote:not sure if this the right thread but theres one of these mini albums for sale on ebay already at 18 quid with 5 days to go

Well if its someone off here selling it, then shame on you!
floyd

JNR

Postby macc lad » 4th Dec 09, 22:47

i think its from Sweden shows looking at it.
Ask lots of questions dont eat the bullshit
macc lad

Postby iddsy » 4th Dec 09, 23:31

shocking!! the starting bid was 16.99.with 5 days to run i can see it going upto 50.ridiculous!!i really hope this goes up in the webstore :cry:
iddsy

Postby DangerousBeans » 6th Dec 09, 16:48

What a fucking spectacular own goal this decision is proving to be.

Already got people profiteering when they know some folk are desperate to get it.
DangerousBeans

Postby vickyp » 6th Dec 09, 23:08

evening all.

I've been keeping quiet on this because I am one of the lucky ones who will be able to attend one of the christmas shows and I appreciate that makes me very fortunate in having a chance to pick up the CD.

I've already promised to pick up a copy for a friend, but until I know how much they are and whether they will be rationed at all I can't promise any more than that. I was thinking I will see how many I can get on the night and if there are spares then I will find good homes for them, at cost + postage. It's looking like there are loads of people who would like a copy and it'd be good if we could sort this amongst the fans so no-one has to resort to inflated prices on e-bay. If no one buys the overpriced stuff on e-bay then those sellers will have to re-think.

I'm sure we will hear in due time whether this will become a download or anything like that - certainly as soon as there is any news it will be up here first.

I spent a long time building up my collection and plugging gaps over the years, I know it is always possible to find those elusive b-sides and coloured vinyl in the end, let's just hope the wait isn't a long one.
Zorro won't build me a time machine
vickyp

Postby JasonH » 7th Dec 09, 02:21

When The Great White Monkey first appeared and started selling on eBay for £60+, I went along to one of the acoustic gigs and did a deal with Hot Steve in the car park, whereupon I bought 10 copies and got him, Ginger & Random to sign them all, on the condition that I'd put them on the old mailing list at cost price to the first 10 people that replied - which is exactly what I did.

Two of those lucky people then put their copies straight up on eBay and sold them for £60+! And another one never sent me the money.

Errr... so there you go. Don't know why I brought it up really :)
JasonH

Postby Zo » 7th Dec 09, 13:59

JasonH wrote:When The Great White Monkey first appeared and started selling on eBay for £60+, I went along to one of the acoustic gigs and did a deal with Hot Steve in the car park, whereupon I bought 10 copies and got him, Ginger & Random to sign them all, on the condition that I'd put them on the old mailing list at cost price to the first 10 people that replied - which is exactly what I did.

Two of those lucky people then put their copies straight up on eBay and sold them for £60+! And another one never sent me the money.

Errr... so there you go. Don't know why I brought it up really :)

Similar experience here Jase. Got 10 x GWM in wrexham - only 6 out of the 10 people actually paid me for them. Wouldn't do it again unless people coughed up in advance. But as I'm not able to get to the xmas gigs, it's immaterial :lol:
Zo

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat