Is that it??

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Is that it??

Postby inglorious01 » 7th Nov 09, 23:52

Not heard any news on singles being released or further promotion of Chutzpah? Have they drawn a line under this album already, in the UK at least?
inglorious01

Postby geordierussell » 7th Nov 09, 23:54

good question. cant help though
http://www.tinyurl.com/gnr2010
geordierussell

Postby WiredOut » 8th Nov 09, 10:50

The WH only release subversively dodgy anti-singles these days, now they've released the one dodgy track from Chutzpah as a single, there's nowhere to go, etc.

Major hilarity aside though, it's only been a few weeks since Zeen hasn't it? Maybe they just want to stagger releases to keep us interested while we wait for the next album? Might be sooner than we think, given that Ginger can't get his solo stuff recorded at the moment.

I can't see why the record backers would even stop more free downloads if there won't be another single. At the very least they can stir up interest by just bunging them on a server surely?
Although I'm sure I'm being naive and it's all much more fascinatingly complicated and difficult than I could ever have dreamt. :)
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Postby vickyp » 8th Nov 09, 16:46

is this the glass half empty thread? :wink:
What about the Christmas dates eh Inglorious? What makes you assume the worst?
Zorro won't build me a time machine
vickyp

Postby melx » 8th Nov 09, 16:57

They only just finished the UK tour last month!!! then they went to Japan, and next month they are off to Europe, then back to the UK for more gigs.... and they gave away a track a few weeks ago.....

what do you want, Blood?? :lol:
melx

Postby inglorious01 » 8th Nov 09, 19:51

Nah I don't want blood!!! :roll:

It's just that it was weeks since the album was out and in the charts. The momentum seems to have stopped a bit now. I don't mind downloading free b sides they want to give away. I thought they recorded 17-18 tracks in total so they would be holding as many back as possible for more than 1 single release (hopefully).

It's just imho they have an album that could be a big seller, but they aren't in any hurry to release a proper assault on the charts with a single.Seems a bit strange really!
inglorious01

Postby iddsy » 10th Nov 09, 11:08

be nice if they released sunshine from new york,i really think if it got airplay it could be a big hit for the band which they deserve.
iddsy

Postby Piedude » 10th Nov 09, 14:00

I guess with Self Titled at least we knew days before the album was released a video was filmed and a single picked, even if the single didn't emerge until months after the album, but here there's been no hint of a video or single apart from the promise to release every track recorded...
And it seems strange for a band to release an album without a single or a lead track to promote it... especially now that they're with a different, larger record company and not having to pay for the promotion themselves.
Or at least I think thats what the point of the original message was, rather than to complain its all quiet on the Wildhearts front.
And my two cents would be Jackson Whites all the way. Look at Devin Townsend...even though he surprisingly revealed on his forums the other day his solo stuff matches Strapping Young Lad in sales, its Strapping that got all the attention because even though its much heavier and less mainstream accessible, theres much more of an audience you can market it to....or at least thats how I see it. I think Jackson Whites would be appealing to rock fans who want rock music, even though its not as heavy I think Sunshine might just fall through a crack somewhere.... but thats just opinion and a bit far off topic.
Piedude

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 10th Nov 09, 16:40

I reckon they should release Chutzpah as a single.
Jason_scorching_past

Postby Benny Hiroshima » 10th Nov 09, 20:10

Given that there's been three Wildhearts albums in three years I'm over the moon. Remember from 1998 to 2002 where there was nothing happening on the wildhearts front at all.

This is the best album they've done since Earth vs and the fact that they've toured it properly, playing all the songs from the album shows that this is a band who arent resting on their laurels or playing the easy way either. I can't think of any band from the same era or bands which lazy journalists would describe as 'veterans' which are doing the same thing.

I'd love them to see them in the rock press pretty much week in and week out. I'm sure there's plenty of stories or ways they or at least their press firm could get this to happen. This is not a slight against the band though or anyone connected with them. Just as a fan i would love to see this album go huge. Everyone who i have played it to loves it's which hasnt been the case in the past. Credit to the band for pushing themselves and making music which is fucking brilliant. An album like this is an achievement at any stage of a band's career.
Benny Hiroshima

Postby firedup » 12th Nov 09, 22:27

What planet are you on?

Who exactly would buy the single?

Everyone who likes them has the album.

Without mainstream airplay, which let's face it is never going to happen, there's nobody left to sell a single to. They would be wasting their time, money and effort.
firedup

Postby floyd » 12th Nov 09, 23:16

stick a couple of b sides on it, and mostly all fans would buy it!
:roll:

though i would prefer a kind of 'Coupled with' album maybe called 'Chutzpah JR' with all the jap extras and any other recorded song that didnt make the album, plus borderline and anything else thats not had a physical release.

And of course The Snake, The Lion, The Monkey And The Spider!
floyd

Postby WiredOut » 12th Nov 09, 23:32

firedup wrote:What planet are you on?

Who exactly would buy the single?

Everyone who likes them has the album.

Without mainstream airplay, which let's face it is never going to happen, there's nobody left to sell a single to. They would be wasting their time, money and effort.

I agree. Even in the 90's, I think that WH singles were almost all sold to established fans looking for b-sides. IMO, that's why they generally got to similar positions in the 20s and early 30s of the chart and dropped into oblivion after a week. Apart from the slightly-higher-charting SOD, I Wanna and Stormy, which probably sold to a few other folk.

As good as the Chutzpah stuff is I just think the WH are getting a bit long-in-the-tooth to really break into the public consciousness in a big way now.
Plus I think they've done plenty to stigmatise themselves in the perception of a lot of rock fans and journalists in times past and the WH name if not tainted is probably devalued to many people who might otherwise care. Even I think a lot of the music's been less than dazzling since 2001. Much as I love Chutzpah, for me it's taken a 4-year hiatus and then 8 years of mostly just decent stuff to recapture their creative magic. It's all sucked a lot of wind from their sails. IMO of course.

Not trying to be a whinging cunt, just trying to enjoy it for what it is instead of yearning for what it more than likely can never be now.

EDIT: I meant that if it's a download single, maybe a few of us would buy it. With b-sides, probably most people who bought the album would buy it and nothing else would happen.
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Postby floyd » 17th Nov 09, 19:23

floyd wrote:stick a couple of b sides on it, and mostly all fans would buy it!
:roll:

though i would prefer a kind of 'Coupled with' album maybe called 'Chutzpah JR' with all the jap extras and any other recorded song that didnt make the album, plus borderline and anything else thats not had a physical release.

And of course The Snake, The Lion, The Monkey And The Spider!

Ginger says on twitter after being asked will the unreleased tracks from Chutzpah be released? 'We'll be selling them all as an entire mini album called Chutzpah jnr, very soon.'

All i can say is fucking YES!!!!
floyd

Postby Jimmy79 » 17th Nov 09, 19:45

heres hoping that means all the unreleased tracks , not just the japanese extras
Jimmy79

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat