Ritch's Kit?

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Ritch's Kit?

Postby Mr Tube » 19th Oct 09, 18:43

So whats Mr Battersby playing on the current tour?I know hes been a user of Yamaha in the past.Or is the latest Green kit a custom job?Apologies for the geeky drummer nature of the question.I love learning about drummers set ups.All information welcome.

Cheers

Phil
Mr Tube

Postby Andwah » 19th Oct 09, 18:51

Tama, not sure which. Drummer mag had an interview with him a few year back but although he's a really solid player i didn't get the impression that he's particularly interessted in drums. The tama hardware looks cool though, the way it leans into the kit.
Andwah

Postby Ean » 19th Oct 09, 19:25

Ritch is currently using a kit made for him by Animal Custom Drums.

He still uses all his Tama hardware though, and Zildjian cymbals.

Rick from Ash is using them now too.

http://twitter.com/AnimalDrumsUK
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby Andwah » 19th Oct 09, 19:31

That explains the lugs and what we couldn't work out exactly which they were.
Andwah

Postby Ean » 19th Oct 09, 19:38

Yeah, the guy is using generic shell hardware while he designs his own I think.

The review I read said that while the drums are top quality (the guy owns a full set of moulds so he can make any size you like), they weren't keen on the stands as they're a bit flimsy, so it's no wonder Ritch stuck with the Tama ones, as they don't come much sturdier.

EDIT: This - " they weren't keen on the stands as they're a bit flimsy." - It turns out is complete bollocks (see below) and I happily withdraw it.
Last edited by Ean on 4th Nov 09, 19:57, edited 1 time in total.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby melx » 19th Oct 09, 20:31

melx

Postby Andwah » 19th Oct 09, 20:37

By the looks of it, the blurb on the site says it's flourescent, green sparkle.
Andwah

Postby Ean » 19th Oct 09, 20:39

Aye, looks like it.

Those photos don't really do the 'orrible paint job justice though. Turns out you can't even escape it when the lights are off. :shock:
Ean Ü

Ean

Postby Andwah » 19th Oct 09, 20:40

Some sort of accident with toxic waste at the paint shop.
Andwah

Postby Ean » 19th Oct 09, 20:43

When it had the skull on the front, it looked like Henry drove through an acid bath.
Ean Ü

Ean

Postby Mr Tube » 19th Oct 09, 21:42

Thanks for the info.What snare does he use? :lol:

I must say I saw them in Exeter and the tom mount looks a bit springy to say the least!!!:)
Mr Tube

Postby Carl Animal » 4th Nov 09, 16:59

Hi Guys, Just thought Id fill you in on Ritchs kit straight from the horse's mouth so to speak.
Ritch now endorses Animal. The Green Sparkle kit he played on the recent tour wasnt his choice of finish, just what we had available in time for the tour, we will be making him a new one when he chooses everything. ( he is having a massive kit, will look fantastic)

The snare on the tour was a Animal Elite Series Snare with Spiked mini tube lugs and a Trick throw. The bass and toms were our new LT Series.

The review referred to is pretty old, we have much more recent ones on our myspace (easier to update) Flimsy stands were never mentioned in the review so not sure where that came from... the stands used in the review were just Big Dog stands as we dont manufacture those as yet. The generic hardware was referring to the lugs which are made for us oversee's

Hope you dont mind me filling you in on that. I saw the recent show at the Cockpit in Leeds and loved it, especially like the new material.

All the tom mounts are great quality and the rack tom will give when hit as thats how that particular suspension system works.
Carl Animal

Postby shat noir » 4th Nov 09, 19:12

did you oversee the making of the lugs overseas?
Gee mister you got the best answering machine message I ever heard
shat noir

Postby SteveP » 4th Nov 09, 19:32

eh???? that's even more of a mystery to me than chords, and that's before I even think about playing the drums ffs

no wonder i'm not a musician

I forgot how to read music when I gave up the cornet at junior school, maybe that was for the best.

Think i'll stick to being a quarter decent golfer/ footballer/ pool player :(
23 Pictures In A Tent....

'The bus is gannin fuckin neewhere'
SteveP

Postby Sarc » 4th Nov 09, 19:52

I gave up playing the cornet to, the ice cream was getting everywhere.
Not sent from my fucking iphone.

The Wicked Mod of the South.

Go here you might like it.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Eureka_Machines/index.php
Sarc

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat