29 X THE PAIN TAB?

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

29 X THE PAIN TAB?

Postby KennyBarker » 5th Oct 09, 13:16

Hey..

Still buzzin from the Shepherds Bush Empire gig and been thinking about why the hell i havn't covered a WH song live.. i settled for 29xThe Pain, (i say settled...struggled, and decided on more like) and anyway ive got the intro down which took a while but im struggling with the mid section (give me old, give me new, let me know you feel it too, cause for all those boys and girls...etc) cant figure out the chords.

Any help is well appreciated.. PS im playing it in D so i don't have to tune down.

Love and stuff,

Kenny x
This is for all the ladies..this is for all the boys who have ladies..this is for all the boys who are too young to have ladies!
KennyBarker

Re: 29 X THE PAIN TAB?

Postby jontarbard » 5th Oct 09, 14:36

Hopefully this'll help

Em Bm
Kiss my Heart
Em Bm
Like the Damned from the start
A D
Come on make me feel like me
A D
SLF & BOC
Em Bm
Give me old, give me new,
Em Bm
Let me know you feel it too
A D
To the sound of Twisted Girls
G D A
It's a brave new world
G D
I'm up, how can I get down,
jontarbard

Postby Ean » 5th Oct 09, 15:47

There are a couple of versions of it here too.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby KennyBarker » 6th Oct 09, 12:07

Cheers guys!! Appreciated x
This is for all the ladies..this is for all the boys who have ladies..this is for all the boys who are too young to have ladies!
KennyBarker

Postby Keith Richard » 14th Nov 09, 14:57

I'm still struggling with the intro....just doesn't sound right to me. It loses me at around:

5---3---3 I --------------------I-3-----3-----3-3-
6---4---4 I ---------------------I-3-----2-----0H2-
0-0-0-0-0 I ---0-0-0-0-0-0-0-I-0-0-0-0---------

Help Ean? :oops:
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby Ean » 14th Nov 09, 16:53

It's not really an exact transcription of either version, but it's a close approximation of the re-recorded version and the rhythm fits in with that one (even if the notes don't exactly).

I'm not sure Ginger plays it quite the same as either version when it's done live, and I've never been in a good position to watch it properly (so anyone filming them next time - a close-up on the fretboard would be useful ;)), but I'll have another bash at the Suckerpunch version if I get a minute.

Do you have Guitar Pro?
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby Keith Richard » 17th Nov 09, 18:18

I dont currently have Guitar Pro.....should I? I have worked out a solution which is probably way off but it satisfies my ears.

Couple of questions, 1) is there a tab for the intro of "Geordie" anywhere? and 2), can you make the "Guitar Tabs" thread a sticky so it's easier to find.

Cheers.
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby Ean » 17th Nov 09, 19:02

I guess it depends how much use you think you'll get out of it - I find it very handy for transcribing stuff and trying out parts, and it's quite useful sometimes for listening to what the transcriber had in mind (this relies on them having a sense of rhythm, but you can't have everything), but it is quite expensive once you've bolted on the Realistic Instrument packs (it's horrible without them) ... usually. :wink:

1) Yep

2) Yep
Ean Ü

Ean

Postby Keith Richard » 18th Nov 09, 12:10

Muchos gracias! I'm going to give Pro a try.
Keith Richard

Postby mochy » 19th Nov 09, 05:45

Hey Keith, I play that bit like this:

7--5--5--5 I --------------------I-3-----3----
6--6--7--5 I --------------------I-4-----0----
-00-0--0-- I --0-0-0-0-0-0-0-I--0----------

Sounds fine to me - give it a try.
mochy

Postby Ean » 19th Nov 09, 14:37

Keith Richard wrote:Muchos gracias! I'm going to give Pro a try.

While I remember, you can also import 'Power Tab' files into Guitar Pro (but not the other way round).
Ean Ü

Ean

Postby shat noir » 19th Nov 09, 18:00

Ean wrote:you can also import 'Power Tab' files into Guitar Pro

Cheers for that.. Is it simple to do?
Gee mister you got the best answering machine message I ever heard
shat noir

Postby Ean » 19th Nov 09, 18:12

Yep, which OS do you use?
Ean Ü

Ean

Postby shat noir » 20th Nov 09, 04:10

XP.
I've seen a lot more Wildhearts available for Power tab than Guitar Pro so being able to import them would be great and easier than getting and learning a new program.
Gee mister you got the best answering machine message I ever heard
shat noir

Postby Ean » 20th Nov 09, 13:37

How to change the Extension.

1. Download or find a PowerTab file - Here's some.

2. Right-click the file > Open With, and then click Choose Program to choose the program that you want.

3. The Open With dialogue box is displayed. Use one of the following methods to select the program that you want to use for this file type:
• In the Programs list, click the program that you want to use - probably GP5
• Click Browse, locate and then click the program that you want to use, and then click Open. (Likely to be C:>All Programs>Guitar Pro 5>GP5

4. Click to select the Always use the selected program to open this kind of file check box if it is not selected.

5. Click OK.

When you import the file you'll have to tell GP which parts you want to use, and you'll have to re-save it as a GP file if you make any changes, but other than that it works quite well.
Last edited by Ean on 20th Nov 09, 13:49, edited 1 time in total.
Ean Ü

Ean

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat