Collectors' Corner: Chutzpah promos?

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Collectors' Corner: Chutzpah promos?

Postby JasonH » 28th Aug 09, 02:29

A topic for the hardcore collectors.

I've searched high and low and have seen no sign of any Chutzpah-related promos, of any country of origin.

Anyone?
JasonH

Postby Ean » 28th Aug 09, 10:56

Jimmy79 found one:

http://www.thewildhearts.com/ ... 7359#p47359

But there aren't likely to be that many. Most of the preview copies have been distributed via a download site with watermarked MP3s so they could be tracked if it leaked.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby wez_wildheart » 28th Aug 09, 11:08

although i will have the proper copy, i will be searching at any record fairs that pop up in Northern Ireland

picked up some WH related goodies in the past such as the Anthem promo, Fishing For More Luckies and a Sick Of Drugs promo.

that EIL website has some good stuff but very expensive
wez_wildheart

Postby idiottoast » 28th Aug 09, 14:03

I`ve not found any either.I`ve been looking everywhere i can think of online EVERYDAY for the last couple of weeks.I did think it very odd.There`s a record fair in the town near to where i live on the 12th,so fingers crossed :D .
idiottoast

Postby Hiroki » 28th Aug 09, 19:51

There are promo copies of the album around :wink: and I saw one in Steel Wheels (Beatdown ugh) in Newcastle a few days back
Hiroki

Postby JasonH » 29th Aug 09, 00:46

And are these actual, different, promo pressings, or just the standard commercial pressing with a promo sticker?

Please describe.
JasonH

Postby Kyukyuichi » 29th Aug 09, 08:39

Hello

The one I have got is full album promo CDR with not very good quality printed out colour (almost black due to album artwork) sleeve.Back side of sleeve has "Promotional copy.not for sale" credit.This advance promo copy comes with a colour promo sheet with the picture of the band (the latest one with vanpire Scott!).

Also I have received a commercial CDs and the package is a very cool sealed digipak.I reckon some of you who has no plan for buying BSA issue (I think this issue is not made in Finland,but in UK by Cargo UK) because of Japanese issue purchase should buy 1 BSA digipak issue too for display / collection :wink:

All the best
Kyukyuichi

Postby Hiroki » 29th Aug 09, 23:57

JasonH wrote:And are these actual, different, promo pressings, or just the standard commercial pressing with a promo sticker?

Please describe.

Well the one my mate has is your typical acetate album, cr-r of album with silver disc and black type on it, and a white sheet of paper with song titles and a bit of paper with band description and things.

Not sure if the artwork is on the reverse of the song titles but when he's done reviewing it (he hates it fyi) he is giving it to me and i'll provide scans :D
Hiroki

Postby Kyukyuichi » 21st Oct 09, 03:10

Hello

I confirmed there is promo (sample) version of Japanese Chutzpah! exists.

Promo control numbered (like 123456) sticker on Obi and disc has machine stamped "Sample / Loaned" on center.

I can put the photo of mine here,but I dunno how to do that..... :oops:
Kyukyuichi

Postby JasonH » 20th Dec 09, 20:14

Sorry to resurrect Geeks' Corner.

I've found a 1-track promo CD of The Only One (BSACDS028).

Just thought I'd share that with anyone who cares about such things.
JasonH

Postby Jimmy79 » 20th Dec 09, 20:47

havent seen this thread for a while so thought id share what my promo copy is

its cardboard sleeve with the full artwork front and back
its not a CDR
the CD as a full print on it, the lightning bolt like the official release but instead of the silver of the CD its white and says number CD027
Jimmy79

Postby e-jim » 21st Dec 09, 12:16

I got two different promos of the new album, one with a black label and the other one has a white label with a big black heart.

And I also got "The Only One" as a one track promo. has almost the same label as the white iCHUTZPAH! promo label. But has no artwork.
e-jim

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat