CHUTZPAH! PRESS

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby Sarc » 16th Oct 09, 19:54

Possibly the strangest review so far for this album.
Not sent from my fucking iphone.

The Wicked Mod of the South.

Go here you might like it.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Eureka_Machines/index.php
Sarc

Postby Andwah » 16th Oct 09, 20:16

His resume at the side of the screen is fairly amusing.
Andwah

Postby Soundog » 19th Oct 09, 12:32

I do love the He's A Whore review, but did he really embed good quality mp3s of Proof and Jebus for download? Can't listen since I'm at work, and I don't even think it would hurt album sales either - rather the opposite, probably. I'm just surprised.
Soundog

Postby Ean » 19th Oct 09, 12:35

Soundog wrote:I do love the He's A Whore review, but did he really embed good quality mp3s of Proof and Jebus for download? Can't listen since I'm at work, and I don't even think it would hurt album sales either - rather the opposite, probably. I'm just surprised.

Yep. :?
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Re: CHUTZPAH! PRESS

Postby Cov Danny » 15th Jan 10, 12:09

Just wanted to add ... i work as an entertainments writer for a local newspaper in the south west and every year we do our albums of the year, and of course Chutzpah! was one of my picks (i know it's only small spuds, but you gotta spread the word :D )

THE WILDHEARTS
ALBUM: Chutzpah!
"The most underrated band in the country have yet again delivered the goods.
From the insanely catchy opener The Jackson Whites through to scorching closer Chutzpah! Ginger and co have created a joyous slab of infectious rock and roll that’s stuffed full of unexpected twists and turns. Perhaps poppier than previous releases you will still stick on repeat and relive the riff-packed rollercoaster ride over and over."

Like I say, I know it's only a local paper and it's only a few words - but i thought I'd share on here
Cov Danny

Postby Ean » 15th Jan 10, 21:11

That'll do nicely. What's the paper?
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby Cov Danny » 23rd Jan 10, 16:06

Hey Ean, sorry for the delay I've been away from a computer, but yeah I work for a couple of papers - two in Somerset and this bit appeared in the Bath Chronicle...

It's small beans but I love the Wildhearts and I love Chutzpah!

Got to interview CJ a few years back and dedicated a double-page spread to them :)
Cov Danny

Postby JohnD » 23rd Feb 10, 22:54

Hey I wrote that Mall Music review. Ha! Sorry guys. I probably didn't say it right, but I just had images of Times Square at night, escalators, modern urban technology, city of lights, etc. Words sometimes aren't enough to describe good music. Months later, Chutzpah! is still amazing to me.

John
JohnD

Previous

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat