CHUTZPAH! PRESS

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby Keith Richard » 29th Jul 09, 06:27

Just checked out TEB......not the worst I've ever heard, but wandering rather close to SK8ER BOI sounds for my liking. Maybe an extreme "New Flesh" type of track. Wonder if this will be a CJ penned / sung track??
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby Andwah » 29th Jul 09, 12:52

Don't ever worry about reviews! You'll either like it or you won't and nobody should tell you either way, certainly not an unknown reviewer anyhow. And in fairness, you know it'll be class.
Andwah

Postby andylangbos » 29th Jul 09, 16:55

Check it out, another Review...Pretty Good to be Fair!

http://hardrockhideout.com/2009/07/29/t ... zpah-2009/
andylangbos

Postby andylangbos » 29th Jul 09, 17:02

Another glowing review...

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... =500905153

Cor Wait!...I'm new to writing on here by the way, but have been prowling round here for many a year!

:D
andylangbos

Postby my3dtvtan » 29th Jul 09, 17:07

Its not like I needed anymore of a reason to buy this album (my HMV Japan order was done the day it was listed on the site) but that review really takes my anticipation over the top. :D

Obviously, reviews are reviews and should be taken with a pinch of salt in most cases but what Ive read so far is giving me the same hope I had with the 2007 album and I nearly cried with joy upon first listen of that classic. Lets hope this surpasses that but most importantly just gives the band the chance for the recognition they have long since deserved.
Interviewer - "So whats the secret of your longevity?"
Ginger - "Splitting up!"

"Bernard, its hot in the worm."

www.myspace.com/anodesrock
my3dtvtan

Postby my3dtvtan » 29th Jul 09, 17:12

:shock:

Cor blimey. Could this album be the one that finally breaks through.
Interviewer - "So whats the secret of your longevity?"
Ginger - "Splitting up!"

"Bernard, its hot in the worm."

www.myspace.com/anodesrock
my3dtvtan

Postby Sarc » 29th Jul 09, 17:13

I'll add my tuppence to the reviews, while I've not come anywhere near even looking at a review copy a very good friend of mine has and has said, and I quote, "a track that Scott sings sounds a bit like it could have been a Jimmy Eat World tune!"

WOOO and indeed a big buggering YAY if that's the case.
Not sent from my fucking iphone.

The Wicked Mod of the South.

Go here you might like it.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Eureka_Machines/index.php
Sarc

Postby Andy » 29th Jul 09, 22:46

my3dtvtan wrote:Its not like I needed anymore of a reason to buy this album (my HMV Japan order was done the day it was listed on the site) but that review really takes my anticipation over the top. :D

Obviously, reviews are reviews and should be taken with a pinch of salt in most cases but what Ive read so far is giving me the same hope I had with the 2007 album and I nearly cried with joy upon first listen of that classic. Lets hope this surpasses that but most importantly just gives the band the chance for the recognition they have long since deserved.

Well said. I hope this album makes WH massive coz I'm sick and tired of having to explain who WH are. They should be huge. I can understand non Rock fans not knowing who they are but anyone into Rock should love WH as far as I'm concerned. So I hope they have massive hit singles and huge success, then people (public in general) will know what/who Iv'e been talking about these past 16 years. :)
Andy

Postby spoon_of_grimbo » 30th Jul 09, 00:56

Sarc wrote:I'll add my tuppence to the reviews, while I've not come anywhere near even looking at a review copy a very good friend of mine has and has said, and I quote, "a track that Scott sings sounds a bit like it could have been a Jimmy Eat World tune!"

WOOO and indeed a big buggering YAY if that's the case.

that'd be interesting, something in the vein of "futures" or "sweetness" maybe?
IF THERE'S A SOUND YOU PLAY THAT DOESN'T FIT TODAY,
WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE BASTARD ANYWAY?!
spoon_of_grimbo

Postby Silkenone » 30th Jul 09, 16:35

Had four days of listening now and all I can say is :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I LOVE this album and would be very surprised if the vast majority on here didn't feel the same.

It's pure, condensed WIldie goodness, with juicy bits. Seriously, there's not one track on here that doesn't hit the spot for me and I come away with a different fave each time I listen. And yes, given the right support, this could easily be the record to take them to a whole new level success-wise.

I'll shut up now - just wanted to share my excitement as my colleagues are getting pissed off with me banging on about it.
Silkenone

Postby Keith Richard » 30th Jul 09, 18:19

Silkenone wrote:Had four days of listening now and all I can say is :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I LOVE this album and would be very surprised if the vast majority on here didn't feel the same.

It's pure, condensed WIldie goodness, with juicy bits. Seriously, there's not one track on here that doesn't hit the spot for me and I come away with a different fave each time I listen. And yes, given the right support, this could easily be the record to take them to a whole new level success-wise.

I'll shut up now - just wanted to share my excitement as my colleagues are getting pissed off with me banging on about it.

You prefer over the '07 Wildhearts release?
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby Silkenone » 30th Jul 09, 18:52

Keith Richard wrote:You prefer over the '07 Wildhearts release?

Tough one - because it's early days and I was loving '07 for months and months before a couple of tracks started to wear a little thin (which is a little ironic, as I'm on one of em briefly).
At the moment - absolutely, yes. The production is awesome too.

Chutzpah! is also a very different flavour to the self-titled album.
Silkenone

Postby Jimmy79 » 30th Jul 09, 22:35

Jimmy79

Postby Assmask » 30th Jul 09, 23:24

Fucks sake.

Can't believe we have to wait a whole month to hear this thing!
8==m==D
8=m===D
8===m=D
8m====D--=__

The Big Grizzly

https://www.facebook.com/biggrizzlyband
Assmask

Postby Ross » 31st Jul 09, 16:59

I'm distinctly underwhelmed by some of these reviews...

American College Rock? No thanks, I want some Wildhearts please!
Ross

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat