CHUTZPAH! PRESS

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby Jimmy79 » 27th Jul 09, 18:46

Found one here:

http://acceptable-plankage.blogspot.com ... tzpah.html

seems like a fan too knowing borderline etc.

Kinda reminds me of the thoughts certain people had when "Endless Nameless" was released, it being "not an album for the fans" etc.
which is pretty much my fave Wildhearts album
personally all this talk of experimental and such only makes me more excited
In my eyes bands should always go for something different it keeps things interesting
the reason so many bands end up fading away is because they find a formula people like and don't have the balls to rock the boat

Ginger and the boys destroy fucking boats!
and that's why I love em!
Jimmy79

Postby my3dtvtan » 27th Jul 09, 20:28

http://www.whiskey-soda.de/review.php?id=23481

Another review is up here but we'll have to turn to those of the German persuasion to help out.

The jist of what I can understand is a really positive overview.

btw dont use Babel Fish as I tried. Case in point -

"With its ninth studio production ' Chutzpah' meet The Wildhearts the tooth of the time in the middle into the root." :lol:
Interviewer - "So whats the secret of your longevity?"
Ginger - "Splitting up!"

"Bernard, its hot in the worm."

www.myspace.com/anodesrock
my3dtvtan

Postby Rivfader » 27th Jul 09, 21:38

http://www.whiskey-soda.de/review.php?id=23481

I'll try a little translation for you... the review features some German phrases that can't be translated 1:1, but let's see... hope you understand my translation:

With their ninth studio effort "Chutzpah!" The Wildhearts really meet the ravages of time. It's a record full of modern rock songs that do not sink in the mainstream but gleam (?) with a unique sound and structure.

It is a real pleasure how drums and guitars start to march forward from the beginning of the album. An even bigger pleasure are the vocals that fit to the mood of each song exactly; and the guys can handle different moods definitely. Sometimes harsh like an old parquett floor, sometimes totally "laid back". But don not expect an overdose of ballads; on the top of the podium stand fun on the one hand and musical kicks-in-the-ass on the other.

No one can fool The Wildhearts in the matter of rhythmics and groove. Never mind how often The Wildhearts were in the headlines in the 90ies with their drug stories and other things usual in the business... everything is forgotten after a proper dose of "Chutzpah!"

Whether elder rockers will like this occasional "college rock sound". e.g. in the track "You took the sunshine from New York" remains to be seen. Nevertheless the album follows 100% the way of modern rock music. If you would not know it, you would not imagine that the band plays music since 1993... all the dust of the bygone days has been shaken off (a typical Germany phrase). And with the last song, additionally all the dust will be shaken out of the listener... that one goes full throttle over again! And so the circle closes around an round affair with lots of charm and refinement (again, hard to translate...).

School grade: A

-> A very postive review. Although the writer does not know exactely when the guys started playing music.
Rivfader

Postby melx » 28th Jul 09, 08:28

thanks guys..... interesting.
melx

Postby Mattie » 28th Jul 09, 14:45

Excellent translation, ta
Mattie

Postby markE » 28th Jul 09, 14:52

36 minutes? that ain't a lot of music for 14 quid :?
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Postby Ean » 28th Jul 09, 14:53

So buy it somewhere cheaper then? :wink:

I'd imagine Play'll be less than a tenner.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby Sir Euan » 28th Jul 09, 15:13

Since when were albums priced for their play length? I don't enjoy a song more just because it's over 5 minutes long =S
Sir Euan

Postby markE » 28th Jul 09, 16:42

no that's true. but comments were made i another thread about £14 being a bit steep and seeing as its for only ten tracks and clocks in at 36 mins, i thought that made the situation worse. of course if every track is a belter it would be worth every penny.
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Postby Sarc » 28th Jul 09, 17:40

markE wrote:no that's true. but comments were made i another thread about £14 being a bit steep and seeing as its for only ten tracks and clocks in at 36 mins, i thought that made the situation worse. of course if every track is a belter it would be worth every penny.

Actually he's right that was me who said 14 quid was a bit steep, daft really considering muggins here paid 25 quid for the japanese import, strangely the fact there was four more tracks on that version made me feel better about it. Isnt it wonderful how my brain works things out.
Not sent from my fucking iphone.

The Wicked Mod of the South.

Go here you might like it.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Eureka_Machines/index.php
Sarc

Postby Dark Lord of Barnet » 28th Jul 09, 20:28

markE wrote:36 minutes? that ain't a lot of music for 14 quid :?
Who ever pays anything like full price for an album these days? :shock:

I've recently got the new ones from Green Day, Heaven & Hell, and Chickenfoot - all for £6.99 each. I doubt I'll be able to get the forthcoming Wildhearts album quite as cheap as that, but I'd be surprised if I had to pay as much as a tenner. Thanks to the internet CD albums have never been cheaper! :D
"and don't forget the joker!"

Dark Lord of Barnet
Dark Lord of Barnet

Postby Jimmy79 » 28th Jul 09, 21:36

I wonder howlong the japanese edition runs

cant wait for that to arrive
Jimmy79

Postby Keith Richard » 29th Jul 09, 03:06

What exactly is the "college rock" sound? "You Took The Sunshine....." seems to be drawing a fair amount of criticism. What I've read so far kind of worries me, but I have faith nonetheless. I cant imagine that this will be another one that I just cannot get into - the other one shall remain Nameless.
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby Sarc » 29th Jul 09, 03:08

College rock is supposedly stuff like Third Eye Blind and Matchbox 20 which in my opinion is certainly no bad thing, though I am biased as Third Eye Blind are one of my favourite bands
Not sent from my fucking iphone.

The Wicked Mod of the South.

Go here you might like it.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Eureka_Machines/index.php
Sarc

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat