Landmines & Pantomimies

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Landmines & Pantomimies

Postby Bad Karma » 14th Feb 06, 15:12

I have the limited edition version of Landmines & Pantomimies and i was wondering was it ever released in a regular jewel case version?
Bad Karma

Postby Col » 14th Feb 06, 16:46

What's the difference between the two? I have landmines but dunno which version.
Col

Postby SteveP » 14th Feb 06, 17:24

I think the version we're talking about here is the limited edition that comes in a cigar style tin. Anarchic Airwaves came in the same style too.

Both albums are available in regular jewel cases, although you won't get them in the chain stores any more (ebay specials methinks!!!)

Also, Anarchic Airwaves came as one or 2 cd's, of which I don't have the 2 cd version
23 Pictures In A Tent....

'The bus is gannin fuckin neewhere'
SteveP

re: Landmines

Postby trevorkian » 14th Feb 06, 18:36

Woohoo- something I can accurately reply to!

Ok, so Landmines is available in 3 versions- regular jewelcase, tin case (as mentioned before), and oversized digibook (this one came out recently- Warner trying to get more $$ I suppose). Tracks are the same on all.

Anarchic Airwaves made a whopping 4 versions- regular jewelcase, tin case, double 12" LP, and 2 cd version (this featured the "rest of Reading" with Devin Townsend on guitar- 7 tracks in all. Not actually the greatest show, but worth having anyway).

Landmines was listed to be released on 12" pic disc, but I don't think it ever happened. I'm waiting for someone to prove this wrong.

Hope that helps.

Trevor
trevorkian

Postby Bad Karma » 15th Feb 06, 12:37

I have the oversized digibook version of Landmines & Pantomimies,i'm thinking of getting the jewel case version so i can stick it on my shelf with the rest of my Wildhearts albums.

I've never seen the 2 CD version of Anarchic Airwaves it must be really rare.I just have the 1 CD regular jewel case version.

Thanks for the info.
Bad Karma

Postby SteveP » 15th Feb 06, 13:27

The 2 cd version comes up on ebay every so often, but I've never managed to win it yet!!!

Plenty of time to get it someday though
23 Pictures In A Tent....

'The bus is gannin fuckin neewhere'
SteveP

Postby Evil Elvis » 21st Feb 06, 15:31

There's a website called eil.com, who have quite a wide range of stuff but quite pricy. They're selling the jewel case version of 'Landmines...' for £50. I laughed in their e-faces.

With regards to the digibook thing, a dudewas selling them for a fiver each a while back.

By the way, I'm new here, so a big hello to everyone....and roll on Nottingham! :D
Evil Elvis

Postby DrunkenLordOfEverything » 28th Feb 06, 19:43

I Ebayed my Landmines Jewelcase edition a while back for just under £40.

I was happy with that.
The End IS Coming, So You Better Start Living.
DrunkenLordOfEverything

Postby Chris Davies » 28th Feb 06, 22:20

DrunkenLordOfEverything wrote:I Ebayed my Landmines Jewelcase edition a while back for just under £40.

I was happy with that.

god hearing that makes me feel like a right bastard, i got mine from amazon for £2.50 brand new and sealed , the most ive had to pay was £25 for tokyo suites me that was on ebay and it was buy it now option so i couldnt let that slip . suprisingly i even had mondo akimbo cheaper at about £20 which is pretty good considering ive seen it go plenty of times for £40 +
Chris Davies

Postby Glen666 » 28th Feb 06, 23:12

Chris Davies wrote:
DrunkenLordOfEverything wrote:I Ebayed my Landmines Jewelcase edition a while back for just under £40.

I was happy with that.

god hearing that makes me feel like a right bastard, i got mine from amazon for £2.50 brand new and sealed , the most ive had to pay was £25 for tokyo suites me that was on ebay and it was buy it now option so i couldnt let that slip . suprisingly i even had mondo akimbo cheaper at about £20 which is pretty good considering ive seen it go plenty of times for £40 +

You do seem to be very lucky at finding bargains mate! Do you have the white vinyl Mondo? I saw that go for £75 recently. I bought mine when it first came out for £5, feel pretty smug too!!!!
Glen666

Postby Chris Davies » 1st Mar 06, 00:14

Glen666 wrote:You do seem to be very lucky at finding bargains mate! Do you have the white vinyl Mondo? I saw that go for £75 recently. I bought mine when it first came out for £5, feel pretty smug too!!!!

nah sadly i havent started on the vinyl yet , just concentrating on the cd's for now , suppose thats kinda a silly thing to do as the longer i leave it the more pricey the vinyls are gonna get , so i best get my skates on for the few cd's that i have to get :D
Chris Davies

Postby DrunkenLordOfEverything » 1st Mar 06, 00:38

Heh! I had a copy of the Urge Promo Vid.

Bought it for 20p from Beanos down in Croydon, which is an awesome place for rarities and such.

Then it went to ebay and turned into £35.

I was happy with that too.
The End IS Coming, So You Better Start Living.
DrunkenLordOfEverything

Postby Chris Davies » 1st Mar 06, 01:18

DrunkenLordOfEverything wrote:Heh! I had a copy of the Urge Promo Vid.

Bought it for 20p from Beanos down in Croydon, which is an awesome place for rarities and such.

Then it went to ebay and turned into £35.

I was happy with that too.

well yeah its all good for you in the end :D if people dont mind paying that amount than thats great .
Chris Davies

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat