WH PRESS ARCHIVE **CONTAINS A SHEDLOAD OF LARGE IMAGES!**

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby kriscoverdale » 24th Jul 09, 13:12

I was at that gig and had the review stuck on my wall afterwards :)
kriscoverdale

Postby spoon_of_grimbo » 6th Aug 09, 20:41

just a small addition here, but i was flicking through an coupla-years-old issue of kerrang earlier, and it had one of those "classic interview" sections, with a little section at the end featuring quotes from the issue they were delving into. a great line from our ginge, circa 97:

"I'd like to kill Margaret Thatcher while fucking Hilary Clinton. On coke."
IF THERE'S A SOUND YOU PLAY THAT DOESN'T FIT TODAY,
WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE BASTARD ANYWAY?!
spoon_of_grimbo

Postby maxpower » 7th Aug 09, 20:49

8) All these retro pics prove Ginger is looking younger now than way back then & healthier
maxpower

Postby WiredOut » 10th Aug 09, 21:15

Damian wrote:Was reading an obituary in the Guardian today and funnily enough, The Wildhearts got a look in...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/ju ... even-wells

I agree with Charlie Brooker's take on the man - namely that I disagreed with much of what he wrote but still thought he was a great writer...

I didn't know Brooker had written about Swells...have to look that up.

David Quantick's great too...he was also the person who gave The WH their 4 star Endless Nameless review in Q, saying stuff like 'they just get even better' and calling I Wanna Go 'extraordinary.'
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Re: OLD WH PRESS **THREAD CONTAiNS A SHEDLOAD OF LARGE iMAGES!**

Postby Cov Danny » 15th Jan 10, 11:56

Ahh these are magic, I've just spent the last 1/2 hr or so at work going ohh I remember that or I have that ... nice work ... Like shat noir I also cut most of the Wildhearts stuff from the mags (but stuck them on my wall :dur: ) ... but i dont think i threw any away so I will have a shifty through.
Cov Danny

Postby jamesfivemileshigh » 31st Jan 10, 01:25

Hi,

I used to run the FiveMilesHigh website and about 5 years ago I spent a weekend scanning a whole heap of old Kerrang articles for the site. The early ones (Including the infamous Mondo review) ended up here:

http://www.fivemileshigh.net/html/articles/wildhearts-kerrang.htm

Oh and hello to anyone who remembers me!

J
jamesfivemileshigh

Postby Damian » 31st Jan 10, 12:12

jamesfivemileshigh wrote:Hi,

I used to run the FiveMilesHigh website and about 5 years ago I spent a weekend scanning a whole heap of old Kerrang articles for the site. The early ones (Including the infamous Mondo review) ended up here:

http://www.fivemileshigh.net/html/articles/wildhearts-kerrang.htm

Oh and hello to anyone who remembers me!

J

Hooray! Good to hear from you.
Damian

Postby Stuart Brackpool » 10th Feb 10, 19:31

Just had a look through some of the old press clippings on Five Mile High and happened across the incredible nugget of information that Todd Rundgren was mooted to produce Earth Vs The WIldhearts. That would have been something else. If both parties had survived, that is.
Stuart Brackpool

Postby Ean » 27th Mar 10, 16:15

Just found this from Kerrang! a few years ago. Probably meant to scan it but forgot. :roll:

K! 17/11/2007
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby Sarc » 27th Mar 10, 19:33

shitty production eh? I could have sworn I read somewhere that the album was basically demos as the label where that impressed with the quality of them..........or did I imagine that and is it me or Tony Wright remind anyone else of Russel Howard in that picture at the bottom of the page?
Not sent from my fucking iphone.

The Wicked Mod of the South.

Go here you might like it.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Eureka_Machines/index.php
Sarc

Postby wildsam6o » 27th Mar 10, 20:11

was only looking through these images yday,
went up to town today walked in a charity shop and there sitting on top of a pile was a metal hammer from september 1996 with ginger on the front

cost me 10p

Sweet 8-)
wildsam6o

Postby shat noir » 28th Mar 10, 10:46

sweet, get it scanned and post it up. my mate gutH has tons of stuff to add to this thread but he's taking his time about working his way through his piles of magazines. hint hint gutH ;P
Gee mister you got the best answering machine message I ever heard
shat noir

Postby gutH » 29th Mar 10, 00:45

patience is a virtue, good things come to those who wait etc etc.........yeah i know i should get my ass in gear, got a little side-tracked by modern warfare 2. Any of you who play it will understand. & with the new stimulus pack imminent i dont think it will be anytime soon. there is just soooooooooo much to scan, but i promise when i do get round to sticking it all up it will be well worth the wait, oh yes! :bounce:

P.S not getting much help from you shat noir :grr:
Fly like an angel stapled to a satellite, lit up good like a stick of fucking dynamite!
gutH

Postby markE » 29th Mar 10, 10:27

i love terrorvision and Tony is a legend but i fail to see how singing about whales and dolphins, and the whole world camping in your back garden, is much different form old men singing about castles etc.. :D

also, i never knew there was abook about Skunk Anansie. anyone read it? Any good?
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Postby Ean » 29th Mar 10, 15:31

markE wrote:i love terrorvision and Tony is a legend but i fail to see how singing about whales and dolphins, and the whole world camping in your back garden, is much different form old men singing about castles etc.. :D

To be fair, there's a difference between using whales, dolphins and camping as some kind of extended metaphor and actually singing about castles. ;P
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat