Danny McCormack - any news?

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Danny McCormack - any news?

Postby WiredOut » 10th Apr 09, 18:59

After Danny getting a few mentions in the trivia thread thing, I just thought I'd ask if anyone around here knows how he is or what he's doing?
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Postby SteveP » 15th Sep 09, 12:26

Seen at the love/hate gig in Newcastle a fortnight ago, picture of him with Ricky Warwick on the love/hate thread in the cloakroom.

Stood for most of the gig with him when he wasn't popping outside for a cigarette (usually frowned upon at the academy in Newcastle) looked well, was good chatting to him
23 Pictures In A Tent....

'The bus is gannin fuckin neewhere'
SteveP

Postby denis » 15th Sep 09, 19:41

steve p, did you ask him if he's still playing? i seem to remember a band named the i told you so's destined for the recording studio but nothing ever came of it
denis

Postby DangerousBeans » 15th Sep 09, 20:09

Dunno when the song was recorded but Danny is credited as playing on the cover of Good Vibrations on the new Antiproduct album
DangerousBeans

Postby Sarc » 15th Sep 09, 20:25

I think it was recorded a fair while ago and by fair while i mean at least two years.
Not sent from my fucking iphone.

The Wicked Mod of the South.

Go here you might like it.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Eureka_Machines/index.php
Sarc

Postby 29xTheJames » 15th Sep 09, 23:39

He phoned Velvet the other night.
Bag o'shite
29xTheJames

Re: Danny McCormack - any news?

Postby idiottoast » 22nd Sep 10, 23:13

I`ve just been looking at Imelda May c.d.`s on ebay.While looking at a listing for Love Tattoo,i noticed that in the list of musicians that played on the album it`s got Danny McCormack down as playing piano and err....hammond organ.Is this "OUR" Danny.I cant find any mention of him on her wikipedia page,or her website.
idiottoast

Re:

Postby Dark Lord of Barnet » 25th Sep 10, 12:09

Sarc wrote:I think it was recorded a fair while ago and by fair while i mean at least two years.
Yes, it was recorded several years ago. I think that version also features Robin Guy on drums. There are are least three Antiproduct studio recordings of that song out there.
"and don't forget the joker!"

Dark Lord of Barnet
Dark Lord of Barnet

Postby DarrenStockford » 28th Sep 10, 12:18

idiottoast wrote:Is this "OUR" Danny.I cant find any mention of him on her wikipedia page,or her website.

No, it's this guy on the Imelda May album.
Reel and Imagined: Horror, sci-fi and other fantastical fictions of film and television
DarrenStockford

Re:

Postby Velvet Presley » 4th Dec 10, 20:27

29xTheJames wrote:He phoned Velvet the other night.

He did! This was about a year ago now though. Spoke for about twenty minutes. He said that he wanted the Yo-Yo's on the road again by the end of this year, which even at the end of that year seemed doubtful, and that he wished that "[my] balls would turn square and rot in the corners."

Haven't seen or heard from him since then, though.
Velvet Presley

Postby Stelios82 » 18th Aug 11, 11:56

He was the best bass player I ever watched, great energy. A geordie contractor mate of mine in Cumbria said him and Ginger fell out big style (with a girl involved? - could be propaganda...)

If he's not involved with music, is he still healthy? And what's he doing to earn a crust?!
Stelios82

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat