Earth Vs Anniversary Gig - DVD

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby WildCat » 3rd Jul 09, 15:33

Damian wrote:The gig was so heavily beset with technical problems that I think making a DVD of a different show (even if it's not an "Earth Vs" one) would be preferable anyway...

Or another anniversary show???? (Yes please)
Control, we have a code 5. He is small, orange and has a broken fin. Yes, he's a fish.
WildCat

Postby Owen » 3rd Jul 09, 19:44

Ginger ays 'I was hoping to use the footage for a documentary, but I'm not sure that's going to happen now'

Gutted.
Owen

Postby hoodedclaw » 5th Nov 09, 18:44

I missed this thread. A couple of things, firstly my3dtvtan, it didn't take 7 months to turn New Flesh around, it was a matter of a week or so...it came out with the single....cheeky young whippersnapper :) . What amazed me was how much you grew in between the New Flesh shoot and the anniversary gig.

Secondly, the Earth Vs show footage hasn't disappeared off the face of the planet, and I very much expect it to see the light of day in some shape or form, at some juncture, but not any time soon. I would hope that it will one day form part of a definitive WIldhearts documentary....for which there is some really cool stuff in the bag already, from Finland and more particularly Spain. Whenever it comes out, however it comes out, it will be worth the wait. There's some great, and very funny interview footage...I can see it working in the sort of film Sarc described.

Any road up, I just happened on this thread by accident. I hope I haven't woken the dead or anything.
One Two Sandwich
hoodedclaw

Postby my3dtvtan » 5th Nov 09, 19:12

hoodedclaw wrote:I missed this thread. A couple of things, firstly my3dtvtan, it didn't take 7 months to turn New Flesh around, it was a matter of a week or so...it came out with the single....cheeky young whippersnapper :)

Well, it was filmed in March and wasnt released till the end of August so thats 6 months. Dont know where i got 7 from but seen as i was there im pretty sure it wasnt a week.

hoodedclaw wrote:What amazed me was how much you grew in between the New Flesh shoot and the anniversary gig.

Ok, I'll take that as a.............. compliment :? :wink:

For what its worth i doubt this will ever get released in full. I think that with the bands new lease of life they will focus on the future, new tours and promoting the inevitable Chutzpah! singles (hint, hint)
Interviewer - "So whats the secret of your longevity?"
Ginger - "Splitting up!"

"Bernard, its hot in the worm."

www.myspace.com/anodesrock
my3dtvtan

Postby longgoneloser » 6th Nov 09, 01:23

This will never see the light of day as a full length show. I mean, think about it... the anniversary is over. They moved onto a new album and a whole new tour. If you're going to release an anniversary DVD of an album, you'd wanna release it as close as you to the shows while it's still exciting and fresh n stuff.

I agree with whoever said they should release a big time doco with stuff throughout the past. Like what MANOWAR do (laugh all you want) but their DVDs are filled to the brim with so much stuff, you get what you pay for. 5 or 6 hours of music, backstage antics, interviews, tv appearances, over the top stuff... it's good stuff and they make a shitload of money on DVDs which is why they have released so many. A DVD is a great medium to showcase a band. And Manowar film EVERYTHING. Hell, i even ended up in one of their DVDs.

But really, if the Wildhearts do a DVD, it should be something like 2 or 3 discs worth, random live footage throughout their career, like have a disc of pro-shot, and a disc of hand held stuff or TV spots or whatever. Extra footage from the Vanilla Radio video gig, the AC/DC tour, there's just so much stuff that this band must have on video that i am thinking with Ginger being the one who would overlook the entire process and the fact he is a busy person with a family, I doubt it'd happen soon. But as a business venture, I think the DVD idea would do them some good $$$ but not just a single DVD with a live show on it, they'd wanna go beyond the call of duty and make it something special, great packaging, heaps of extras, maybe add a signed photo or even something small like some guitar picks into the package. Just something for the WH fan to experience and enjoy.

I wish I had filmed their Aussie jaunt cos they were on fire in Australia and so much shit happened while they were here with interviews and photoshoots n stuff. I just didn't wanna be 'that guy' and get in their way.
longgoneloser

Postby WiredOut » 7th Nov 09, 11:24

longgoneloser wrote:This will never see the light of day as a full length show. I mean, think about it... the anniversary is over. They moved onto a new album and a whole new tour. If you're going to release an anniversary DVD of an album, you'd wanna release it as close as you to the shows while it's still exciting and fresh n stuff.

I agree with whoever said they should release a big time doco with stuff throughout the past. Like what MANOWAR do (laugh all you want) but their DVDs are filled to the brim with so much stuff, you get what you pay for. 5 or 6 hours of music, backstage antics, interviews, tv appearances, over the top stuff... it's good stuff and they make a shitload of money on DVDs which is why they have released so many. A DVD is a great medium to showcase a band. And Manowar film EVERYTHING. Hell, i even ended up in one of their DVDs.

But really, if the Wildhearts do a DVD, it should be something like 2 or 3 discs worth, random live footage throughout their career, like have a disc of pro-shot, and a disc of hand held stuff or TV spots or whatever. Extra footage from the Vanilla Radio video gig, the AC/DC tour, there's just so much stuff that this band must have on video that i am thinking with Ginger being the one who would overlook the entire process and the fact he is a busy person with a family, I doubt it'd happen soon. But as a business venture, I think the DVD idea would do them some good $$$ but not just a single DVD with a live show on it, they'd wanna go beyond the call of duty and make it something special, great packaging, heaps of extras, maybe add a signed photo or even something small like some guitar picks into the package. Just something for the WH fan to experience and enjoy.

I wish I had filmed their Aussie jaunt cos they were on fire in Australia and so much shit happened while they were here with interviews and photoshoots n stuff. I just didn't wanna be 'that guy' and get in their way.

That would indeed be great and would, as you say, make a lot of business sense. There was a time when common-sense decisions were seemingly anathema to the WH of course but I'd have more faith these days that they'd see the wisdom of doing stuff like this. The fact that they're a bunch of genuinely funny and entertaining young (...) men would also make backstage/interview/piss-about footage attractive to me.
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Postby hoodedclaw » 7th Nov 09, 12:51

Some of the topics already covered in interview already:
Why the fondness for profanity, and particularly the word shit in the Mondo/Earth Vs era?
How did the Mick Ronson thing come about?
And what the fuck is Everlone about?

I'm sure that all your breath is baited.
One Two Sandwich
hoodedclaw

Previous

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat