Wildhearts T-Shirt Designs

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby Trillian » 25th May 07, 17:51

Hi all,

If you're interested, I've had a very pleasant afternoon reminiscing and taking photos:

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/celizabethmarshall/

I used to have a couple more as well; there was another Danny Deen one (black with some green illustrations, bought April 96) and the white 'Earth Vs' cover with the 'Full Roar 94, here we are, back on tour' poem on the back which, in a fit of desperation, I sold on eBay along with my smaller Smileybones badge (couldn't bear to part with the original, big one!)

Hope it's useful (or at least entertaining!)

Claire
If there's a sound you play that doesn't fit today,
Why not just play the bastard anyway...
Trillian

Postby Sarc » 25th May 07, 18:10

Not a bad collection at all there, but i gotta say the tiedye job........no, that should never have been made, its just wrong :)
Not sent from my fucking iphone.

The Wicked Mod of the South.

Go here you might like it.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Eureka_Machines/index.php
Sarc

Postby Ean » 26th May 07, 17:27

Seeing as I forgot to do it before...

My wee collection (partially the result of a 'most shirts' bet with a mate who's a Radiohead fan - lucky the WH tour more, really. :D ), in no particular order, 'cos I can't remember.

Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby Trillian » 26th May 07, 18:55

Oooooh, I'd forgotten about the split head long sleeve - I used to have one of those as well! Bet my brother stole it :( Along with my Angel Dust Faith No More one...
Trillian

Postby Ean » 26th May 07, 19:05

My white Danny Deen one doesn't have the arm detail like yours. :( Did you get it at the gigs?
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby Keith Richard » 27th May 07, 01:41

Ean wrote:Seeing as I forgot to do it before...

My wee collection (partially the result of a 'most shirts' bet with a mate who's a Radiohead fan - lucky the WH tour more, really. :D ), in no particular order, 'cos I can't remember.

By 'eck Ean, that's a fecking magnificant collection you have there! I love the "Must Be Europe" design, although I'm not a fan of long sleeved Ts
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby Banky » 27th May 07, 02:44

Do you have a whole separate wardrobe for those, Ean? Pretty god-damn impressive.
Banky

Postby pete » 27th May 07, 13:05

wish i'd kept the 4 or 5 Almighty ones i had bah !
Ean seriously great collection there
Put 'em in lights, put 'em in lights
pete

Postby Ean » 27th May 07, 15:13

Banky wrote:Do you have a whole separate wardrobe for those, Ean? Pretty god-damn impressive.

Nah, but you'd be surprised how many you can get on one hanger before it breaks. A lot of them came from Mike Lloyd in Wolvo, 'cos they had a whole load of racks upstairs full of band shirts - the two tie-dyes definitely and the smileys too

I haven't actually bought any more since, I think, the Full Roar one. Wasn't that impressed by the 'T's on the last tour, and they hadn't fixed the typo on the hoodie when I saw 'em (one shirt with a glaring mistake is enough :wink:).

The VDC heart shirt is missing though - I haven't got a pic of that yet.
Ean Ü

Ean

Postby Marky Mark » 27th May 07, 19:30

Having seen all these T-shirt pictures, thought i would have a quick check of how many different shirts i have acquired over the years, all the way back from '92.

Found 33 different Wildhearts shirts.

3 Ginger solo shirts

2 Clam Abuse shirts

and 1 Sonic Circus shirt.

Must have spent a small fortune on them over the years!!!!

Can anyone top this lot?
Marky Mark

Postby Trillian » 28th May 07, 17:55

Ean wrote:My white Danny Deen one doesn't have the arm detail like yours. :( Did you get it at the gigs?

I think so... I think it was October 29th 1995, Cambridge Corn Exchange. But then again, it might not have been... The old brain gets a bit foggy these days!
Trillian

Postby nuno75 » 28th May 07, 21:11

I don't think any of mine are particularly special.

Red, short-sleeve Riff after Riff cover-art shirt.

Black short-sleeve Endless Nameless shirt.... with a big mouth on the front and tour dates on the back.

White, with black sleeves, 3/4 sleeve jersey style Vs. The World tour shirt... with skull caricatures on the front and tour-dates on the back.

Black PHUQ-era tour shirt with the split head guy behind the steering wheel and the band name coming out.
nuno75

Postby johnnywashngo » 26th Jun 07, 15:13

My personal favourite 'hearts shirt is the one I got during Radio One Sound City in Leeds 1996( I think? ).

Long sleeved black tee with the words 'The Wildhearts fucked my radio' in the Sick Of Drugs font... very nice, a bit hard to read and not seen very often these days :)
johnnywashngo

Postby Scabbie » 18th Jul 07, 23:09

Newbie alert.

I so want some of those T-Shirts - long sleeve smiley bones (that got fucked after too many gigs) and 'Your Country Needs Us' has a big fat hot rock in the centre.

There was also a shirt of a bottle with a face and a knife that I always used to want but could never find...does anyone have that?

Would love it if this project came to fruition...has there been any further news?
Scabbie

Postby mikeyproduct » 17th Dec 07, 17:48

People keep donating vintage wildhearts Ts to me :) My mate Graham gave me his old brown ale T recently when he moved house...

Anyone got/remember the black smiley on a black t shirt?

How much more black can you get? The answer is none....none more black.
mikeyproduct

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat