THE WiLDHEARTS "it's not for sale!"

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

THE WiLDHEARTS "it's not for sale!"

Postby gar971y » 7th Apr 08, 18:26

I was just wondering what little wildhearts gems we the fans have,,,as in, what is your most prized item,,,,something that was hard to get//easy to get and something you will never sell,something that not many have,,,,the number 1 item in your collection??
gar971y

Postby skychaserhigh » 7th Apr 08, 18:32

Fully Signed Moodswings & Roundabouts Boxset

Would take some serious poundage to part with that
Some Days Just Fucking Suck
skychaserhigh

Postby wildsam6o » 7th Apr 08, 19:45

jeeeezzz, i got lodsa stuff haha, got quite lot of signed stuff and random stuf that ive collected over the years.

i think, (in order) heres my top 5

5.moodswings and roundabouts
4.signed valor del corazon from ginger (with instructions of how he wanted the god damn whores video edited, i was assistant editor on the video :) )
3.Fully signed dont be happy vinyl
2.jon pooles piss shoe (rugeley red rose accoustic show 2004??)
1.picture of me and ginger backstage in the vip louge at download 06 (not really worth anything but has got some sentimental meaning)
wildsam6o

Postby gar971y » 7th Apr 08, 20:31

thats some cool stuff you guys have got,,i heard about jons shoe thing so now we know were it is,,,,,the moodswings boxset seems to be the thing!!!,,and i dont have one
gar971y

Postby Ean » 7th Apr 08, 20:51

gar971y wrote:thats some cool stuff you guys have got,,i heard about jons shoe thing so now we know were it is,,,,,the moodswings boxset seems to be the thing!!!,,and i dont have one

If you've got a few quid spare, I'll point you in the direction of this eBay lot. Take advantage of the great current exchange rate and grab it.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby gar971y » 7th Apr 08, 21:39

thanks for the link,,only thing is just dont have the £££ just right now,,but cheers for the info,,whats your rare /items that you just wont sell??there has to be some really cool things out there,,,in the land of this message board
gar971y

Postby gar971y » 7th Apr 08, 21:44

forgot to say::,anything Ginger/Wildhearts/SG5/ just about anything related ,,that is your prized item,,that ""you just wont sell"
gar971y

Postby Soundog » 8th Apr 08, 11:41

Mmmmmmh...
1. My battered old copy of Earth Vs. bought in '93 in a music store in Frankfurt.
2. Nice letter from Ginger commenting on a demo I sent him (asking for a review and including an SAE - it wasn't THAT good :) ).
3. Stratacoustic caught at Scarborough Castle.
4. Fully signed tour programme featuring 3 different spellings of my first name.
5. Most everything else.
Soundog

Postby Ean » 8th Apr 08, 13:10

gar971y wrote:forgot to say::,anything Ginger/Wildhearts/SG5/ just about anything related ,,that is your prized item,,that ""you just wont sell"

You pretty much hit it here... Things would have to get extremely desperate before I thought of selling any of it. :D
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby treeman » 9th Apr 08, 18:43

original logo artwork from earth vs, some white label vinyl pressings, original long sleeve smiley tshirt (from when they supported izzy stradlin) and a whole bunch of signed stuff.
treeman

Postby inglorious1 » 10th Apr 08, 17:35

Nice thread!

Er, I've never been one for collecting every single promo or anything, and compilation stuff doesn't bother me either (so no "Moodswings..."). So as regards Wildhearts stuff, then I have nothing I'd never part with. But as regards 'Ginger' stuff in general...

4: Signed Japanese import of SG5s BLM (not exactly rare, though)
3: Signed "I'm A Lover..." CD, with the phrase "Look after that painting!" written on it (see below - it kinda goes hand in hand with number 1).
2: Original oil paiting/artwork that used to be on the old 'Silverginger' website. Signed by Ginger and in hand painted frame by the artist.
1: Original oil paiting/artwork for "I'm A Lover...", in hand painted frame by the artist, and also signed by Ginger. The man himself wants 1st refusal if I ever look to sell it.

Still, I'm jealous of Christoph and the stratocoustic!

Batesy
inglorious1

Postby gar971y » 10th Apr 08, 18:14

some really good stuff being put up here,,would love to see some of it,,any chance of some pictures???,,would be cool to see ,,as i think alot of this stuff may never see the light of day,,!!
gar971y

Postby gar971y » 10th Apr 08, 18:39

can anybody tell me how to upload pictures ,,and i shall put a couple of wildhearts "one offs" on for all to see,,grateful..
gar971y

Postby Ean » 10th Apr 08, 18:47

gar971y wrote:can anybody tell me how to upload pictures ,,and i shall put a couple of wildhearts "one offs" on for all to see,,grateful..

*cough*clicky*cough* :wink:
Ean Ü

Ean

Postby inglorious1 » 10th Apr 08, 19:41

Here y'go. Take a look about half way down the page.

http://www.gingerandthesoniccircus.net/ ... php?t=2695

Ginger's signature on both is in silver, so it's more visible if you catch it at a certain angle...meaning NOT the angle of this picture!

Batesy
inglorious1

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat