ASK GiNGER QUESTiONS

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Re: ASK GiNGER QUESTiONS

Postby seasider71 » 8th Nov 10, 21:02

Hi Ginger,Thanks for recommending Foxy Shazam.Checked them out on Youtube and loved them - just ordered the latest cd.
Anyhow now that i've made one of my very rare posts i should ask a question. How about this...The other day i heard the old Bon Jovi song "Wanted-Dead or Alive" and in the lyrics JBJ claims he's "seen a million faces and rocked them all". The numbers could be right but i'm doubting the percentages. You've been around a while Ginger,how many 'faces' have you seen and what percentage do you estimate to have rocked. :eh:
seasider71

Postby nadgers » 9th Nov 10, 01:15

Just gotta add my thanks for pointing us in the direction of Foxy Shazam. Great stuff! Reminds me of a catchier version of Mr Bungle. Cheers!
nadgers

Postby piesJoy » 15th Nov 10, 15:10

Hi
I recall you namechecking the band Leatherface in an interview a while back. Have you heard a lot of their stuff and if so can you recommend an album with which to check them out?
'mix the colours, watch the smoke'.

'I tried to warn you, but your in Clown Town....'
piesJoy

Postby Col » 15th Nov 10, 22:58

Someone just gave me a CD with 3 Leatherface albums on today!!!
Moses - Red Sea - Bollocks. Col - Academy doors - genius.
Col

Postby Ginger » 16th Nov 10, 13:40

<< by Col » 15th Nov 10, 22:58

Someone just gave me a CD with 3 Leatherface albums on today!!!>>

<< by piesJoy » 15th Nov 10, 15:10

Hi
I recall you namechecking the band Leatherface in an interview a while back. Have you heard a lot of their stuff and if so can you recommend an album with which to check them out?>>

Piesjoy meet Col, Col meet Piesjoy.

<< by seasider71 » 8th Nov 10, 21:02

Hi Ginger,Thanks for recommending Foxy Shazam.Checked them out on Youtube and loved them - just ordered the latest cd.
Anyhow now that i've made one of my very rare posts i should ask a question. How about this...The other day i heard the old Bon Jovi song "Wanted-Dead or Alive" and in the lyrics JBJ claims he's "seen a million faces and rocked them all". The numbers could be right but i'm doubting the percentages. You've been around a while Ginger,how many 'faces' have you seen and what percentage do you estimate to have rocked. >>

JBJ rocks face, I kick ass.

<< by getting_it_sucks » 7th Nov 10, 17:59

Ginger wrote:

As far as new music, have you heard Chickenhawk? Kveleretak? Foxy Shazam? There are so many great bands around at the moment, it's just a case of asking around and seeking them out before they blow up.

Speaking of Foxy Shazam, any chance of when The Wildhearts tour again, Foxy getting a support slot?>>

I'm sad to report, again, that there will be no Wildhearts shows in the foreseeable future.

<< by Nojahoda » 4th Nov 10, 17:40

Ginger wrote:
As far as new music, have you heard Chickenhawk? Kveleretak? Foxy Shazam?

I saw Foxy Shazam over the summer when they supported Lostprophets and they were pretty much booed off. I thought they were fabulous, guess that tells you more about Lostprophets fans than anything else.

There are some songs on Devin's "Addicted!" album which could very well be WH songs. You really should have written Bend it like Bender

Anyway, in order to make this seem like a question, my current project is building myself an amplifier (it's gonna be all of 5W of valve niceness, that'll be loud enough to rehearse and record with though), have you ever tried or been tempted to pick up the soldering iron and try anything like that? If so was it a roaring success or was it a horrible mess of earth-loops and mains hum?>>

I'm embarrassed to admit that I am one not an electrical expert in any way, shape or form.

<< by spoon_of_grimbo » 4th Nov 10, 15:17

Ginger wrote:
I'd love to work with Devin and would be there in a heartbeat if he called (schedules permitting, of course).

why not make the first move and call him?

all i'm hearing in my head right now is an earth-shattering hybrid of "city" and "chutzpah!" and it's amazing....>>

Our schedules are way too busy to even consider working together right now.
Ginger

Postby JasonH » 18th Nov 10, 12:42

What have you done to your leg?!
JasonH

ASK GiNGER QUESTiONS

Postby Owen » 18th Nov 10, 21:53

If you went on Desert Island Discs, what would be your 8 songs, 1 book and 1 luxury item you would take?
Owen

Postby paulron32 » 19th Nov 10, 08:55

Ginger, I know the Christmas shows will be stunning and really looking forward to it, last gig of the year after Gaslight & Biffy and should be the best.

Any chance of Schizophonic, Some Days Just Fucking Suck and Nurse Maximum making the Manchester set, oh and the festive classic Fuck Christmas?

You wuld make a fellow broken footer very happy - mine took a full 5 months to heal by the way. ;P
Hey Dawg, did you see the size of that chicken?
paulron32

Postby nadgers » 30th Nov 10, 00:14

There's an "Ask Ginger"fest going on here -> http://www.formspring.me/gingernyc
nadgers

Postby spoon_of_grimbo » 30th Nov 10, 03:23

well this bit made me smile:

when the 2003 -2004 era of the band ended, did you think the wildhearts were done for good?

Nah, The Wildhearts are never over for good.
IF THERE'S A SOUND YOU PLAY THAT DOESN'T FIT TODAY,
WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE BASTARD ANYWAY?!
spoon_of_grimbo

Postby Ginger » 30th Nov 10, 10:14

<< by Owen » 18th Nov 10, 21:53

If you went on Desert Island Discs, what would be your 8 songs, 1 book and 1 luxury item you would take?>>

I'm hopeless at answering questions about nailing down specific songs, albums, movies etc. I'd swap my 8 songs for a guitar, the book for a writing pad and a pen and the luxury item would be a woman.

<< by JasonH » 18th Nov 10, 12:42

What have you done to your leg?!>>

Nothing, the leg is fine. It's the end of the leg that's fucked. Doctor says the toes are fine but the foot has got to go.
Ginger

Postby blackdeathcrew » 30th Nov 10, 11:12

Do you get to many gigs? (other than ones you play at)
ImageImage
blackdeathcrew

Postby WiredOut » 3rd Dec 10, 23:53

Do you see Martyrs and Inside as equivalently 'tough' horror movies?

Just wanted to ask cos I think I saw you reply to someone (on twitter) recently with something like: 'If you've seen Martyrs, now you're ready for Inside.' I just thought that was interesting because I saw them in that order and (maybe partly cos of that order) I think Inside is child's play compared to Martyrs.

I think Inside is a grisly and disturbing journey, and a good, well-made, entertaining movie, but to me it's a cartoon next to Martyrs. I know too that Inside is generally better-liked, but Martyrs is the most psychologically, emotionally, empathetically punishing and pulverising movie I think I've ever seen. As well as possibly the most morally ferocious one. And, in my humble opinion, a masterpiece.

I guess it partly depends on how much you buy into the characters and denouement of Martyrs too, that dictates how much it's gonna hurt you. But I saw Martyrs and felt like I was lurching around with a tonne of frozen rocks in my guts for days afterwards, whilst Inside's impact evaporated after half-an-hour. Anyway, just wondered what you thought. Thanks again.
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Postby Nojahoda » 1st Feb 11, 12:44

Do you think you could move your birthday? Due to a combination of snow, broken trains and norovirus I've had tickets for the last 3 birthday shows, and not actually managed to get to any of them. I'd suggest an "official birthday" (like the Queen has) some time around May...

Also, I'm going to NYC to 'celebrate' being 30 in about a week - as a documented fan of the place, is there anything crucial that I'll have to go back for if I miss the first time?

Cheers :)
Nojahoda

Postby Col » 8th Feb 11, 21:48

Try here for questions, G answers daily, if not hourly!!

http://www.formspring.me/gingernyc?1297197909931
Moses - Red Sea - Bollocks. Col - Academy doors - genius.
Col

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat