ASK GiNGER QUESTiONS

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

ASK GiNGER QUESTiONS

Postby kriscoverdale » 2nd Apr 07, 19:11

Hi,

This is the thread for the next Ask Ginger section. This time out we'll be running a thread for each member of The Wildhearts. We'll then be getting the answers up on The Wildhearts website, over the coming months.

Cheers
Kris
kriscoverdale

re

Postby Orient » 2nd Apr 07, 19:18

In 10 years time you're having a heart to heart with Jake, you ask him what he would like to do with his future...he responds in one of two scenarios...which do you prefer?

a) "I'm going to study hard, become a doctor, buy a nice sensible semi with a white picket fence, get married and buy a labrador whilst ensuring that I am finantially secure for the rest of my life"

b) "I'm going to be a rockstar with no fixed abode, travelling the world and living every day like it's my last..."
Orient

Postby Soundog » 2nd Apr 07, 19:51

Way back when the WHs were but a fledgling band, Metallica released what many still regard as their best effort. Self titled - despite it being their 6th album - with a simple, black cover. It was a huge success.

These days, The Wildhearts release what some already believe might be their best effort. Self titled - despite it being their 6th album - with a simple, white cover. And I bloody hope it'll be a huge success... anyway, coincidence?

Oh and the Beatles' self titled is white with a rather simple cover as well of course...
Soundog

Postby JimNasty » 2nd Apr 07, 21:14

Just a few here Ginger:

1. Do you play the piano? would you ever consider hanging up the guitar for one album and trying something a little twee or arty (in the vein of Brian Wilson, Divine Comedy, Antony and Johnsons etc) or do you think your reputation and (sometimes cliched) image in the rock press as a hard-living heavy-riffing axe-wielder would stop such a project from having credibility?

2. I was wondering if your good friend Tim Smith is OK? It's just that it's almost eight years since we last heard any new material of his.

3. I've never been to St James' Park but is it true the crowd sing Geordie in Wonderland? If that's the case do you sing along?

Cheers
JimNasty

Postby skychaserhigh » 2nd Apr 07, 21:17

Number one Album OR Newcastle to win the Prem & Champions league ???
skychaserhigh

Postby Owen » 2nd Apr 07, 22:00

how come on half the songs from your 40th birthday party were released, and do you plan to release the other half?

Owen
Owen

Postby Col » 3rd Apr 07, 00:35

Why did you not answer my last question :)
Col

Postby Ross » 3rd Apr 07, 10:42

Soundog wrote:Way back when the WHs were but a fledgling band, Metallica released what many still regard as their best effort. Self titled - despite it being their 6th album - with a simple, black cover. It was a huge success.

These days, The Wildhearts release what some already believe might be their best effort. Self titled - despite it being their 6th album - with a simple, white cover. And I bloody hope it'll be a huge success... anyway, coincidence?

Oh and the Beatles' self titled is white with a rather simple cover as well of course...

The Black album was Metallica's fifth album, but good question!
Ross

Postby Soundog » 3rd Apr 07, 11:24

Darn... I never was that big a Metallica fan...
In that case, I declare FFL a non-album, which makes "The Wildhearts" their 5th.

Cheers
Soundog

Postby Damian » 3rd Apr 07, 12:56

JimNasty wrote:2. I was wondering if your good friend Tim Smith is OK? It's just that it's almost eight years since we last heard any new material of his.

Can I back that up and ask you to chivvy him along a bit? He helps everyone else out, now they all need to give him a kick up the proverbial! On a related note, how did you enjoy playing with Cardiacs last November - was it nerve-wracking or all of your Christmasses at once?
Damian

Postby Banky » 3rd Apr 07, 18:13

My question is... are you likely to play Sky Babies this time around? Wasn't the main reason for not playing it other times because Danny couldn't remember it? Shouldn't be a problem this time...right? Otherwise, how about Shitzophonic? Not as long but just as epic! I'm going to the Oxford gig no the 28th and I will probably shit myself with glee if I hear it.
Banky

Postby Soundog » 3rd Apr 07, 20:07

Banky wrote:I'm going to the Oxford gig no the 28th and I will probably shit myself with glee if I hear it.

Actually I'm not sure how convincing an argument for playing Schizophonic that is... :)
Soundog

re

Postby Orient » 3rd Apr 07, 20:51

Oh I'd love to hear sky babies live too! one of the best songs ever written IMO.
Orient

Re: re

Postby Ean » 3rd Apr 07, 21:21

Orient wrote:Oh I'd love to hear sky babies live too! one of the best songs ever written IMO.

It is great. Unfortunately, when they played it last time around there was a fair bit of "ooh, it goes on a bit doesn't it?" type whining, which may have peeved Ginger just a touch after years of everybody shouting for it. :roll:
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby benwalton » 3rd Apr 07, 22:07

what question should i ask CJ?
and just last week as i was clearing shit from off my shelf...
benwalton

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat