DELETING PREVIOUS TOPICS THAT I CREATED

Techy questions and queries, 'How To' guides and forum announcement archive.

DELETING PREVIOUS TOPICS THAT I CREATED

Postby jasonportsmouth » 22nd May 12, 08:46

Hi, erm, ok, slightly embarrassing, i cant get a message to seem to go to the moderators casking this question, but i wanted to know how to delete Topics that i have created over time that i no longer need to be up, like i say, i filled in the subject heading and member's name when i tried to message the moderator but it just kept going to preview and i couldnt send it! Anyways, if someone could help then i would appreciate it, thank you in advance :)
jasonportsmouth

Re: DELETING PREVIOUS TOPICS THAT I CREATED

Postby Ean » 22nd May 12, 13:27

You can delete (your own) individual posts on the board, but whole threads have to be deleted by a mod. TBH unless there's a very good reason, they don't get deleted, they just become part of the majestic tapestry that is this board's history.

If it's something you're selling that's no longer available, a post to the effect at the bottom - or, if you started the thread, adding 'Now Sold' or similar to the title - will do to essentially close the thread and it'll disappear off down the list eventually.

Which one(s) of us did you try to PM? Does it work if you try to PM any other users?

Woo, 4000th post! *does faintly pointless happy dance*
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby jasonportsmouth » 22nd May 12, 19:02

Hi, it was Kateyay and, i think, Rick, im pretty sure none of them went thru, if they did then they probably got them about 5 times! :( Ok well, thanx for the reply Ean, i just was gonna delete a couple as they were redundant and to give more room to others, if it works that way, both in the Trading Corner: Red Poster For Japanese Gigs Wanted and the Singles Club Request, but if they stay up then they stay up, i'll just put a note at the bottom to say they are no longer relevant to me. Cheers again E
jasonportsmouth

Postby macc lad » 22nd May 12, 22:05

Ean wrote:You can delete (your own) individual posts on the board, but whole threads have to be deleted by a mod. TBH unless there's a very good reason, they don't get deleted, they just become part of the majestic tapestry that is this board's history.

If it's something you're selling that's no longer available, a post to the effect at the bottom - or, if you started the thread, adding 'Now Sold' or similar to the title - will do to essentially close the thread and it'll disappear off down the list eventually.

Which one(s) of us did you try to PM? Does it work if you try to PM any other users?

Woo, 4000th post! *does faintly pointless happy dance*

dance boy dance
Ask lots of questions dont eat the bullshit
macc lad

Postby Ean » 22nd May 12, 23:05

jasonportsmouth wrote:Hi, it was Kateyay and, i think, Rick, im pretty sure none of them went thru, if they did then they probably got them about 5 times! :( Ok well, thanx for the reply Ean, i just was gonna delete a couple as they were redundant and to give more room to others, if it works that way, both in the Trading Corner: Red Poster For Japanese Gigs Wanted and the Singles Club Request, but if they stay up then they stay up, i'll just put a note at the bottom to say they are no longer relevant to me. Cheers again E

Blimey, you managed to pick about the two mods who are almost never here. ;) I checked the PM function earlier, and it seemed to be working fine. Can you try sending me a message to check it?

Ah, there's no need to make room - there's really no kind of limit a board with the modest traffic ours has will ever hit. :D
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby vickyp » 31st May 12, 22:32

Ean wrote:Ah, there's no need to make room - there's really no kind of limit a board with the modest traffic ours has will ever hit. :D

What Ean meant to say is we're so awesome and important that we have no limits on the stuff we can post here, we are invincible!

Oh and don't worry about old threads - they sink to the bottom soon enough. You can always edit your own posts if you said something daft, or add another post to update them.
Zorro won't build me a time machine
vickyp

Return to Cloakroom Attendant