Looong time lurker with a heartfelt request

Techy questions and queries, 'How To' guides and forum announcement archive.

Re: Looong time lurker with a heartfelt request

Postby specialbeard » 18th May 11, 19:01

cool, thanks for the mail tips... not a massive forum user so suspected so but thanks for confirming... you are right about this being the right place for this.. as soon as I looked about I realised. Nice one..
specialbeard

Postby Ean » 18th May 11, 19:41

specialbeard wrote:cool, thanks for the mail tips... not a massive forum user so suspected so but thanks for confirming...

No worries. Got me the first couple of times too.
Ean

Postby blackout bill » 18th May 11, 23:05

Hi specialbeard

Got your msg, many thanks for that - meant to reply this evening but have had a bad afternoon (as I expect will come along from time to time). Will reply properly by PM soonest.

Ean, your mention of Trace rang bells for me; I actually think that her passing was the reason I set up my JustGiving Account (to donate). I never knew her, but was driven to donate by the way that all here on the board reacted and spoke of her- she moved me like my story appears to be moving others.

Below is a snippet from my Just Giving Account - do the dates/recipient match up vaguely? If so, it'd be nice to think that without her, I'd never have got round to setting up my Account - so even now, she's making a difference.

Date Charity Amount Status
06/12/2006 Cancer Research UK £10.00 Authorised

Thanks to ALL of you, and to Ginger too for your words, donations and actions.

I am so humbled by your generosity

Steve
x
blackout bill

Postby Ean » 19th May 11, 00:08

That seems about right. She passed on 3rd December that year.

There's a thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=822
Ean

Postby markE » 19th May 11, 15:30

Ean, can you make this thread in to a "sticky" or anything else to highlght it?
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Postby macc lad » 20th May 11, 17:39

I too am so sorry for your loss, when i get paid i will also donate.

best wishes to you and your wife.

Pete
Ask lots of questions dont eat the bullshit
macc lad

Postby marky-boy » 21st May 11, 00:19

boyo, my healtfelt love, seriously

i went through it 5 years ago, it was horrific, truly the worst thing that can happen to any human being, our baby had a heart condition that was un-operable, we gave birth to a baby that was 26 weeks old, that we had to abort, cos it was either see him born for 3 days and let him die in our arms or cease the pregnancy

mate i really feel for you, this will never ever go away and neither should it, its a part of our lives, your lives and cherish it, that afternoon we had with him was so special to us

without getting to far ahead of you, but my missus had the strength to go back through another pregnancy and we had a baby daughter 2 years ago

oliver always lives on in our family, and when we hug, oliver is there mate, i can feel it

to one wildhearts fan to another - it WILL get better, it will NEVER leave you, and nor should it

chin up mate, nothing ever changes but the shoes

IM DONATING!
marky-boy

Postby blackout bill » 21st May 11, 08:51

Pete
Thanks very much for that, I know what your saying with pay day - if it were someone else on the board I'd be writing exactly what you'd written! I'm going to have another push for funds from all sources around the end of the month when people will be as able as they are willing!

Steve

marky -
Lovely words, and I'm so sorry for your loss. You've brought back the tears, but that's a good thing I promise. Watch out for a PM soon.

Steve
blackout bill

Postby specialbeard » 21st May 11, 20:40

hey steve... looks like you hold the record for getting the most users online at the same time on this forum... look at the bottom of the board index page.

Most users ever online was 75 on 17th May 11, 16:26

lets hope they all donate on pay day!

Russ
specialbeard

Postby blackout bill » 21st May 11, 22:51

Hi Russ

I'm not really up on web traffic etc; but if that's the case then here's hoping!

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I know that pay-day is a long way away; but I have a challenge for all on this board.

Watch the below youtube link from start to finish - if you dont shed a tear then don't pledge to donate on pay day. If you ARE human, and watch until the end, then just drop a post to say that you will donate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQznAQV2uw8

The only Youtube link that has ever come close in my books is the classic "my immortal" fallen Brit servicemen vid.

I know that the vid is from Austalia, but this could still be your next-door neighbour. The sentiment and the look of utter emptiness on the faces of the parents is something that I now sadly know. They aren't necessarily outwardly displaying grief, but their eyes are showing shock, and total, complete despair - they can't even begin to work out where to turn.

So the challenge is over to you fellow WH fans.

Steve
x
blackout bill

Postby blackout bill » 27th May 11, 11:25

PAY DAY PUSH!

Okay everyone, it's pay-day (well I'm not paid til next Tues, but most NORMAL companies pay today!)

Please take the time to visit and if possible donate to our Just Giving site. You guys have already amazed us with your generosity; we are touched by the kindness of strangers. It really does re-affirm your faith in the World not being quite as bad a place as people would have you believe.

http://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Finch1

Thanks so much once again

Steve
blackout bill

Postby vickyp » 29th May 11, 16:41

Done.
Sorry it's not more but I've already sponsored a lot of friends doing runs recently, I hope this will help towards your target.
Zorro won't build me a time machine
vickyp

Postby blackout bill » 30th May 11, 22:01

Hi Vicky

Thanks so much to you (and other boarders) for your generous donations. We've been totally shocked by the generosity of strangers - it's been just wonderful and made our time of despair that little bit easier.

You're all fantastic, cheers.

Steve F
blackout bill

Postby markE » 9th Jun 11, 14:16

the fund is up to £3455, which is pretty impressive but I am sure we can push it even higher can't we?
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Previous

Return to Cloakroom Attendant