New Forum Information

Techy questions and queries, 'How To' guides and forum announcement archive.

New Forum Information

Postby admin » 10th Jan 10, 01:52

The new forum is now live, as you can now tell (unless it's all gone horribly wrong, but then you won't be reading this :) ).

Use this thread to post any issues you have, or general observations about the new layout. It's entirely possible we've missed something in the switchover that might be causing you some issues. Or there may be good reasons for other "issues" you see. Either way, let us know what you think!

Cheers,
Andy, Ean & Kris
admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 29th Jan 06, 22:01

Re: New Forum Information

Postby Owen » 10th Jan 10, 07:26

All look to be working well, good work :D

When i first opened the forum my iPhone said this forum works with an app called 'tapatalk' - £1.79. Has anybody tried this app? I am tempted to buy as it looks like it will make reading the forum much easier on my phone


Edit: there is a free 'view only' version, and it looks very good, makes viewing the forum from iPhone very easy
User avatar
Owen
 
Posts: 187
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 18:25
Location: Cardiff

Re: New Forum Information

Postby Ilsa » 10th Jan 10, 09:27

Ooh fancy!! It's all over the place on my phone too, but seems to load quicker than the old forum.
The old forum wouldn't let me post from my phone, so this is a test run of sorts too!
"Eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions God's infinite love"
User avatar
Ilsa
 
Posts: 568
Joined: 28th Jan 08, 14:18
Location: t' north

Re: New Forum Information

Postby blackdeathcrew » 10th Jan 10, 10:50

Like the new forum, looks real good, but the allowed avatar size (6kib) is a bit small isn't it?
ImageImage
User avatar
blackdeathcrew
 
Posts: 940
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 12:30
Location: Worcestershire

Re: New Forum Information

Postby bucks » 10th Jan 10, 11:34

looking good guys nice work :P
User avatar
bucks
 
Posts: 157
Joined: 26th Aug 09, 12:50
Location: sin city

Re: New Forum Information

Postby Ilsa » 10th Jan 10, 11:50

blackdeathcrew wrote:Like the new forum, looks real good, but the allowed avatar size (6kib) is a bit small isn't it?


I've compressed and cropped my pic so much that I'm actually starting to get a complex about the size of my head, but I guess it's nice just to have the extra functionality :)
"Eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions God's infinite love"
User avatar
Ilsa
 
Posts: 568
Joined: 28th Jan 08, 14:18
Location: t' north

Re: New Forum Information

Postby andy_b » 10th Jan 10, 12:12

Owen wrote:All look to be working well, good work :D

When i first opened the forum my iPhone said this forum works with an app called 'tapatalk' - £1.79. Has anybody tried this app? I am tempted to buy as it looks like it will make reading the forum much easier on my phone


Edit: there is a free 'view only' version, and it looks very good, makes viewing the forum from iPhone very easy

Hi Owen,

I was wondering who would be the first to notice that :)

The forum is now registered with http://www.tapatalk.com, which is a service/application for iPhone and Android-powered phones (so the new Google phone, G1, HTC Hero, Droid, etc). There's an app for iPhone (from the app store thingy I assume) and for Android (from the marketplace), which once installed you can search for The Wildhearts, and it will show you this forum.

The Android app is still in development, so it can be a bit buggy, but it might be worth trying (those of you who have an iPhone or Android phone).

Andy
User avatar
andy_b
Moderator
 
Posts: 396
Joined: 3rd Mar 06, 10:20
Location: Nottingham

Re: New Forum Information

Postby Benny Hiroshima » 10th Jan 10, 12:13

Looks really good - well done on the revamp guys!
Image
Benny Hiroshima
 
Posts: 178
Joined: 16th May 09, 01:11
Location: Cardiff / Swansea

Re: New Forum Information

Postby Pudu » 10th Jan 10, 13:51

It's not a major issue but its a bit frustrating that clicking on any links open that link within the same window (well in IE8 anyway). Is there anyway that they can be opened in another window at all?

Oh and love the 'view unread posts' function!
Too many fucking bubbles man!

What's your liiiiiiffffeeeeee?
User avatar
Pudu
 
Posts: 881
Joined: 3rd Jan 08, 23:33
Location: Warrington

Re: New Forum Information

Postby Ean » 10th Jan 10, 14:49

Ilsa wrote:
blackdeathcrew wrote:Like the new forum, looks real good, but the allowed avatar size (6kib) is a bit small isn't it?


I've compressed and cropped my pic so much that I'm actually starting to get a complex about the size of my head, but I guess it's nice just to have the extra functionality :)

External hosting is switched on, so you could always host it somewhere else - the limit only applies to images hosted on our server.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
User avatar
Ean
Moderator
 
Posts: 4040
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 14:44
Location: Just next to my confuser

Re: New Forum Information

Postby kriscoverdale » 10th Jan 10, 15:00

Pudu wrote:It's not a major issue but its a bit frustrating that clicking on any links open that link within the same window (well in IE8 anyway). Is there anyway that they can be opened in another window at all?


If your mouse has a middle button / scroll wheel button, clicking on links with the middle button should open them in a new tab - hopefully that helps?

Cheers
Kris
kriscoverdale
Moderator
 
Posts: 356
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 12:48

Re: New Forum Information

Postby vickyp » 10th Jan 10, 15:08

Looking good guys! Well done on getting the WH smilies integrated too, I love the little buggers :clap:
Zorro won't build me a time machine
User avatar
vickyp
Moderator
 
Posts: 1201
Joined: 10th Jun 06, 00:35
Location: Leeds

Re: New Forum Information

Postby Chris Davies » 10th Jan 10, 15:26

WOW, I'm impressed. This looks the part fair play.

Thanks for doing this guys, it has been worth the wait. :D
User avatar
Chris Davies
 
Posts: 588
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 14:12
Location: Swansea

Re: New Forum Information

Postby andy_b » 10th Jan 10, 15:44

Ean wrote:
Ilsa wrote:
blackdeathcrew wrote:Like the new forum, looks real good, but the allowed avatar size (6kib) is a bit small isn't it?


I've compressed and cropped my pic so much that I'm actually starting to get a complex about the size of my head, but I guess it's nice just to have the extra functionality :)

External hosting is switched on, so you could always host it somewhere else - the limit only applies to images hosted on our server.

I've increased the avatar file size to 10kB, which should give you a little extra room should you need it.
Or Ean's comment on external hosting still stands :)

Andy B
User avatar
andy_b
Moderator
 
Posts: 396
Joined: 3rd Mar 06, 10:20
Location: Nottingham

Re: New Forum Information

Postby andy_b » 10th Jan 10, 15:46

kriscoverdale wrote:
Pudu wrote:It's not a major issue but its a bit frustrating that clicking on any links open that link within the same window (well in IE8 anyway). Is there anyway that they can be opened in another window at all?


If your mouse has a middle button / scroll wheel button, clicking on links with the middle button should open them in a new tab - hopefully that helps?

Cheers
Kris

Or depending on the browser (but this works with at least Firefox, Chrome and IE), hold down Ctrl when clicking the link, and it will open it up into a new window.

Andy
User avatar
andy_b
Moderator
 
Posts: 396
Joined: 3rd Mar 06, 10:20
Location: Nottingham

Next

Return to Cloakroom Attendant

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron