Therapy?, Skindred & Black Spiders - April 2012 gigs

General music banter. Gigs, reviews, new bands...

Re: Therapy?, Skindred & Black Spiders - April 2012 gigs

Postby Mattie » 12th Apr 12, 12:28

Ah, sorry Col - I'm not actually going now.
The extortionate train fares wiped me out a bit.
With all the 555 taking stuff I forgot to mention it
ImageImage
Mattie

Postby luceo non uro » 12th Apr 12, 12:37

This is tomorrow!? Crazy... time goes by so fast, when you're getting older ;)

Really looking forward to it, especially after seeing Andy belting out Screamager and Teenage Kicks at the Yo-yos gig in Feb. Sad to hear that they're only doing 45 min set though - I thought Skindred and T? would both get an hour.

Keen to see Black Spiders too. 'Sons of the North' is getting a lot of play in the Luceo household at the moment.
luceo non uro

Postby Col » 12th Apr 12, 13:24

Mattie wrote:Ah, sorry Col - I'm not actually going now.
The extortionate train fares wiped me out a bit.
With all the 555 taking stuff I forgot to mention it

ah, I see. No probs, was just gonna arrange pre drinkies as we are setting off a bit earlier than first thought.
Moses - Red Sea - Bollocks. Col - Academy doors - genius.
Col

Postby Col » 12th Apr 12, 13:25

pleasantjonny wrote:I'm taking in the Glasgow leg of this tour on Wednesday - really looking forward to it!

There's also a fourth band called Yashin on the bill - anyone know what order the bands go on in? Reallly don't want to miss Black Spiders :)

ooops, hope you didnt miss Spiders then. Apparently they were on first before Yashin.
Col

Postby Col » 12th Apr 12, 13:27

luceo non uro wrote:. Sad to hear that they're only doing 45 min set though .

It's a 45 minute onslaught and leaves you wanting more, which is good!

B Spiders were outstanding at Leeds, hoping for the same tonite.
Col

Postby luceo non uro » 12th Apr 12, 15:02

Good to hear - I've no doubt it will leave me begging for more! I just assumed initially that it was a co-headline tour.

Looking at the last couple of nights set-lists I'll be happy with that; good mix of old and new. Apparently for the European dates they'd been playing a 'Brief Crack..' heavy set, and no oldies. I've never seen them, so keen to hear a mix of crowd-pleasers and newer stuff.

Looking forward to Black Spiders, but Skindred don't sound like my bag at all. Shame, but anyway means I avoid the rush!
luceo non uro

Postby Col » 12th Apr 12, 16:01

You wont be disappointed. Dunno about Skindred either like.
Col

Postby lost johnny » 12th Apr 12, 20:48

I've hard that Turbowolf are now on the bill for Bristol for those going, worth an early arrival...
"I'm living in a nightmare she's looking like a wet dream
I got myself a Cadillac but I can't afford the gasoline."
lost johnny

Postby pleasantjonny » 12th Apr 12, 21:13

Col wrote:
pleasantjonny wrote:I'm taking in the Glasgow leg of this tour on Wednesday - really looking forward to it!

There's also a fourth band called Yashin on the bill - anyone know what order the bands go on in? Reallly don't want to miss Black Spiders :)

ooops, hope you didnt miss Spiders then. Apparently they were on first before Yashin.

Yes they were - still saw most of the Spiders set though. They were great as usual. Yashin were odd. I don't think the music was that bad, but the two singers doing the synchronised arsehole thing was a bit odd. And they're from Greenock, what's with the American accent?

Therapy were fantastic. Skindred were ok, didn't stay for the encore though (last train and all that).

Black Spiders should be touring again later in the year - I'll be there :)
pleasantjonny

Postby Egg4Goff » 16th Apr 12, 13:34

Went to Leeds Black Spiders were ace and Therapy? were good (a stark reminder how I need to own more stuff than Troublegum).

Anyone know who the first band at Leeds were? I was expecting HawkEyes and didn't catch who took their place.

Then there was Skindred. Where do you start? We gave them just over two songs before giving up. We weren't going to be able to stay for all of it but it just seemed masochistic to stay any longer than a couple of songs. I was quite intrigued by the whole reggae metal thing but they were truly abysmal. There were a lto of people really into them so maybe I'm missing something but those we met outside who were also giving up early thought the same.

Still well worth a fiver for the Spiders and T? though.
Egg4Goff

Postby luceo non uro » 16th Apr 12, 15:57

Will second all of the above. Spiders were fun; think more than half an hour of them would have got dull though.

Therapy? lived up to all expectations; good mix of tunes, all looking and sounding in fine fettle. Brixton Academy was a great venue, especially for my very short girlfriend who could actually see the stage for once!

Skindred... didn't get it. Didn't get their fans. Didn't stick around. Just didn't get it. Sigh... getting old?!

Anyway, meant I was back in Camden for 11pm! Top night regardless of the headliner. Roll on a headline tour.
luceo non uro

Postby vickyp » 16th Apr 12, 21:54

Egg4Goff wrote:Went to Leeds Black Spiders were ace and Therapy? were good (a stark reminder how I need to own more stuff than Troublegum).

Anyone know who the first band at Leeds were? I was expecting HawkEyes and didn't catch who took their place.

Still well worth a fiver for the Spiders and T? though.

Yeah, Black Spiders were amazing. Again. The buggers. I would have paid twice as much to see them get a longer set - really wanted to see them do 'Meadow' again live but guess they didn't have the time for it. Bargain for a fiver, even better for free like we managed. Still not sure why fortune smiled on us but I'm sure there's a truck of horsecrap round the corner to make up for it.

Hawk Eyes had to pull out - not sure why but they did. I don't know if it had something to do with the Andrew WK tour being around the same time. Didn't reckon much to the band which replaced them, although I'll give them props for having the balls to step onto that bill. They were a bit screamy and you couldn't hear what they were screaming about, although we're pretty sure they introduced one of the songs as being called 'Bacon Stuffing' and that kept us entertained for some time. "Oooh, bacon stuffing..."
Zorro won't build me a time machine
vickyp

Postby hawkeyesmusic » 16th Apr 12, 22:10

Hey Rob from Hawk Eyes here. Just saw the comments about why we dropped out. If anyone is interested it was due to a family matter, nothing to do with Andrew WK tour as the dates didn't clash.
By all reports the gig slayed, gutted to have missed out on playing with Therapy?

Hope you are all well.
hawkeyesmusic

Postby vickyp » 16th Apr 12, 22:40

Ah, sorry to hear that. Hope all is well. It was a shame but maybe next time eh?
Zorro won't build me a time machine
vickyp

Postby Col » 19th Apr 12, 10:23

The first band on at Leeds were CAVORTS. Anyone remember GU Medicine from the Wildhearts tour a few years ago? same guys without the original singer.

It really was their first gig together as Cavorts, they only did new stuff aswell, no GU Med tunes. They are great guys and great tunes, got me n my mate on their guestlist a couple of times as GU (one when they supported Buckcherry).

Leeds was fun except we didn't know we were in the balcony till we were in the queue. Good to meet Egg4goff and his lady again.

Can't speak highly enough of Black Spiders, absolutely loved them. Didn't stay for Skindred either night, dunno why, just didn't.

Newcastle was pure excellence, down the front with most of my family and friends. There's some cracking crowd and band shots here:

http://www.therapyquestionmark.co.uk/bi ... iaryid=348
http://www.therapyquestionmark.co.uk/bi ... iaryid=349
http://www.therapyquestionmark.co.uk/bi ... iaryid=350
http://www.therapyquestionmark.co.uk/bi ... iaryid=351
http://www.therapyquestionmark.co.uk/bi ... iaryid=352

EDIT
Bollox, just realised these are just T? pics. Some cool crowd shots tho, especially the Newcastle ones :D
Col

PreviousNext

Return to Other Bands and Music