Chris Gordon Re. ASK GiNGER QUESTiONS

General music banter. Gigs, reviews, new bands...

Chris Gordon Re. ASK GiNGER QUESTiONS

Postby Owen » 8th Jun 10, 21:13

Does anybody have a discography of everything Chris Gordon from Baby Chaos has every released?
I know about the Baby Chaos (2 albums), Deckard (2 albums) and Union of Knives (1) - is there anything else out there?
Owen

Re: Chris Gordon Re. ASK GiNGER QUESTiONS

Postby Trash1 » 9th Jun 10, 18:22

It's worth checking out some of the non-album Baby Chaos and Deckard stuff, see below:

I don't know much from after Baby Chaos/Deckard but check out Regency Buck, think they had one album. There's gonna be a lot of collaborations that Chris was involved with, hopefully someone with a better memory than me can fill you in.

Baby Chaos

Singles
Buzz EP (1993, Electric Honey Records)
Sperm (1994, East West)
Buzz (1994, East West)
Golden Tooth (1994, East West)
Hello Victim (1994, East West)
Hello (1996, East West)
Ignoramus (1996, East West, not actually released)

Albums
Safe Sex... (1994, East West)
Love Your Self Abuse (1996, East West)
Love Your Self Abuse (US version with different tracks) (1997, Atlantic?)

Other
There was a self release mailorder video and b-side & rarities tape (B-side and Buggery) available around 1996(ish) through the mailing list.
Later on a b-sides CD and rarities CD were available through the website (and probably still are), this is more or less the tape mentioned previously split on to two CD's with some extra tracks.

This generally covers everything Baby Chaos wise except for demo's and sessions. The later Baby Chaos demo's were songs that became Deckard tracks such as 'What Reason', 'Follow The Swallow' etc...

Deckard

Singles
The Deckard EP (1999, Kenetic/Reprise, US release only)
Holy Rolling EP (2004, Self release?)

Albums
Stereodreamscene (2000, Reprise, US release only)
Dreams of Dynamite and Divinity (2003, self release?, 2 version available)

Other
Acoustic and Live gigs available through website.
Trash1

Postby markE » 10th Jun 10, 10:17

i have the Golden toothep on vinyl and the sperm 12". am open to offers if anyone's intereseted.
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Postby Owen » 11th Jun 10, 21:05

Chris Gordon is going to be interviewed on the Rock and Roll Geek show (http://www.americanheartbreak.com/rnrgeekwp/) show in a few weeks. The host Michael Butler and Chris are going to do a 'classic album revisited' with 'Love Your Self Abuse' (in my top 10 best albums) where Michael play's the album and Chris gives comments and thoughts about the album. Michael has asked if you have any questions for Chris then to get in touch with him: rockandrollgeek@gmail.com
Owen

Postby Kyukyuichi » 14th Jun 10, 18:03

Owen wrote:Chris Gordon is going to be interviewed on the Rock and Roll Geek show (http://www.americanheartbreak.com/rnrgeekwp/) show in a few weeks. The host Michael Butler and Chris are going to do a 'classic album revisited' with 'Love Your Self Abuse' (in my top 10 best albums) where Michael play's the album and Chris gives comments and thoughts about the album. Michael has asked if you have any questions for Chris then to get in touch with him: rockandrollgeek@gmail.com

What a fantastic program will be!! Thanks for letting me know this info :D

Chris did another band / project called "Regency Buck" and released 1 album called "Incoming" from B-Unique label.It's worth checking this album too.
Kyukyuichi

Postby Stuart Brackpool » 17th Jun 10, 18:31

Are those B-Sides and rarities CDs still available? Oh, I would LOVE those. I still have the B-Sides tape but no tape player. Also have the video but no VCR. Bloody advances in technology.
Stuart Brackpool

Postby Trash1 » 17th Jun 10, 19:23

I think there still available, have you tried to order them?

http://shop.deckard.info/acatalog/CD_s_2.html
Trash1

Postby Stuart Brackpool » 18th Jun 10, 17:18

Thanks for the link, Trash1. Looks like they're still available but I'm going to have to wait until the end of the month to find out for sure. I'll keep you posted, unless someone else has already ordered them?
Stuart Brackpool

Return to Other Bands and Music