Glasgow gig

Tour dates, reviews, meetups, live photos...

Glasgow gig

Postby pleasantjonny » 5th Dec 11, 22:37

Hi,

I've got a spare ticket for Thursday night if anyone wants it. I'm asking what I paid, which was £14.30 all in. Or nearest offer!

PM me if you're interested.

Cheers,
Jonny
pleasantjonny

Re: Glasgow gig

Postby pleasantjonny » 7th Dec 11, 21:45

The ticket has now gone.

Is it worth getting there early for the support acts?
pleasantjonny

Postby siobhan_h » 7th Dec 11, 23:31

Apparently so.

Will be in that Henglers Circus or whatever the fuck its called (The wetherspoons) up near gayrage from 6ish if anyone fancies a beer.
My foot's on the gas & I'm thinking fast
I won't find no future by fixing the past!
siobhan_h

Postby Keith Richard » 8th Dec 11, 00:30

We'll be at Nice N Sleazys across the road.......weather permitting.
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby vanrad » 8th Dec 11, 10:56

This weather ain't great.... many trains have been cancelled and not sure if they'll be back on tonight..... driving may be an option later on but the various media are advising against it. :eeek:

Stay safe people!! The only consolation for me is that it's Leppard / Crue / Panther tomorrow night and the weather looks to be calmer tomorrow.
vanrad

Postby Scottleeandrews » 8th Dec 11, 12:57

Hey guys - Scott from Exit_International here!

Last night was slamming - Awesome crowd and the Ginger & Friends set is mindblowing - B-sides / Golden oldies.....makes my pants get tight thinking about it.

Here's the times for tonight.....

Doors - 7pm
EXIT INTERNATIONAL - 7.15pm
Hawk Eyes - 8pm
Ginger - 8.50pm

Come and say hi!

Hope you guys get there safe!
Scottleeandrews

Postby Scottleeandrews » 8th Dec 11, 13:00

Hey all - Where's the best place to get cheap drink? We're (Exit_International) are skint as tits!
Scottleeandrews

Postby Keith Richard » 8th Dec 11, 14:54

According to the Garage, the gig is definitely ON. There are cuts to rail services and double decker buses are out of action. Bro-in-law and I are heading out shortly from Kilmarnock.
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby Spiritwalker » 9th Dec 11, 13:59

Cracking night out and a great set from the lads. Hurricane Cuntybawslap tried it's best but we laughed in it's pus.

All set for the birthday gig now :D
Spiritwalker

Postby tex » 9th Dec 11, 14:19

Brilliant show last night. One of the best set lists I've seen from any of Ginger's shows, solo or Wildhearts. So good in fact, I only realised this morning they didn't play 29x the Pain.
Not sure why it was switched to the G2, I've seen smaller crowds in the main venue before. Could it have been to do with reducing the number of staff at the venue, get some folks home safely?

Either way, a great night out and I'm so glad it didn't get called off. Took my mind off the hole in my bathroom ceiling for a few hours where the wind took the skylight away during the day. Fuck!!!
Did you lie to us, Tony?
tex

Postby mike1913 » 9th Dec 11, 14:47

Indeed - it was absolutely fantastic. Couldn't believe the first song!

Can't Do Right was probably the highlight of the evening for me.

The early material played last night was songs I always hoped would enter set-lists back at start of the Wildhearts, but for some reason we were only give short (sometimes 45 mins) sets without any of the fantastic b-sides played.

The range of material Ginger drew on last night was amazing. Shame he still hasn't got the recognition he deserves.
mike1913

Postby siobhan_h » 9th Dec 11, 15:31

tex wrote:Brilliant show last night. One of the best set lists I've seen from any of Ginger's shows, solo or Wildhearts. So good in fact, I only realised this morning they didn't play 29x the Pain.
Not sure why it was switched to the G2, I've seen smaller crowds in the main venue before. Could it have been to do with reducing the number of staff at the venue, get some folks home safely?

Either way, a great night out and I'm so glad it didn't get called off. Took my mind off the hole in my bathroom ceiling for a few hours where the wind took the skylight away during the day. Fuck!!!

The night done the exact same for us. Only our bathroom ceiling has caved in due to a burst waste pipe. mmmm.

I think given the crowd size moving it was a good idea despite the fact I hate G2. gig was fucking beautiful, I cannot wait for London now.
My foot's on the gas & I'm thinking fast
I won't find no future by fixing the past!
siobhan_h

Postby Keith Richard » 9th Dec 11, 17:21

Agreed, agreed, agreed. One of, if not THE best performance I've seen from Ginger (either solo or with the Wildhearts). Still cant believe that we were treated to Vernix even though Ginger professed that it was a "stupid song". Fantastic set list that mainly consisted of Wildhearts material (no complaints there). Ginger's band were tight as the proverbial ducks arse. The latest smiley T shirt is a good 'un. Cheers, Glasgow!!!
Keith Richard

Postby Spiritwalker » 9th Dec 11, 17:32

Keith Richard wrote:Still cant believe that we were treated to Vernix even though Ginger professed that it was a "stupid song".

It's a fucking preposterous song but they somehow did it justice live :D
Spiritwalker

Glasgow gig

Postby vanrad » 10th Dec 11, 20:11

'twas a great night - its great to see a different set for us die hards. Ginger has so many great songs. My earlier post does look a wimpy on the weather front but it was definitely worth it!

I've got severe post rock comedown now after the amazing Panther / Crüe / Leppard gig last night
vanrad

Next

Return to Ginger Live