Dec Tour 2011 set list **SPOILERS**

Tour dates, reviews, meetups, live photos...

Re: Dec Tour 2011 set list **SPOILERS**

Postby vickyp » 14th Dec 11, 20:17

Egg4Goff wrote:I went to the Cockpit on that tour as well and can honestly say that they are the two best atmospheres I've ever experienced for gig. Really supportive and ready to enjoy whatever's thrown their way, including the support bands. So well done Leeds for having really good crowds (that's from someone brought up on Teesside and now living in Sheffield).

That gig in Leeds on the Chutzpah tour was pretty magical, wasn't it? Well done Leeds for being ace :D
Zorro won't build me a time machine
vickyp

Postby Egg4Goff » 15th Dec 11, 14:46

vickyp wrote:That gig in Leeds on the Chutzpah tour was pretty magical, wasn't it? Well done Leeds for being ace :D

I think it may well be the best I've ever been to. It was the wife's first taste of The Wildhearts or Ginger and she's been hooked since.
Egg4Goff

Postby sidecar » 15th Dec 11, 17:11

Egg4Goff wrote:
vickyp wrote:That gig in Leeds on the Chutzpah tour was pretty magical, wasn't it? Well done Leeds for being ace :D

I think it may well be the best I've ever been to. It was the wife's first taste of The Wildhearts or Ginger and she's been hooked since.

Have to agree! The Chutzpah gig in september 2009 is the best gig I've ever been to. Saturday was a close call. I'm not a huge fan of the cockpit as a venue, but it really suits Ginger! Seen them all over, but Leeds is always up for it, as was evident on Saturday night! Makes me happy just thinking about it! Still aching too. Always a good sign!
'After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say 'I want to see the manager.'
sidecar

Postby Ross » 16th Dec 11, 13:37

Wolves last night was absolutely fuckin awesome. The best I've seen Ginger in a long time. The extra vocals really made it something else, and the band as a whole were tight as a duck's arse.

There was a real joyful atmosphere in the room and Ginger did address the Bristol incident, noting his love of the word cunt, and the fact he forgets that people find it offensive.

The crowd were loud as hell and massed singalongs really had the G Man (plus the rest of the band) grinning from ear to ear. There were a couple of hilarious bits of audience interaction, with Jon Poole's care in the community skills being put to the test...

Spoiler: show
Can't Do Right For Doing Wrong was especially great. I've seen it played before, but never with that variety, creativity and sheer feeling for the flow of a song. Ginger and Victoria's vocals held together brilliantly. Another highlight was the five part harmony breakdown of Inner City Overture. Sheer beauty. And I never ever thought I'd see Vernix played live, so that was a real treat. Slaughtered Authors was also brilliant. And the Fenton breakdown in Revolution Must Be Televised was funny as fuck.

It was also amazing to hear Splattermania and Something Weird, songs Ginger introduced as having played the first time they played Wolves, supporting Diamond Head.
Ross

Postby macc lad » 16th Dec 11, 14:56

I agree fully great night seemed to be had by Ginger the band and definitley all of us, great to hear 2007 hearts songs sounded great live. oh yeah and the girl singer looks fit !
sorry sexist comments :coat:
Ask lots of questions dont eat the bullshit
macc lad

Previous

Return to Ginger Live