1997 + Endless Nameless Tour...

Tour dates, reviews, meetups, live photos...

Postby Ross » 7th Jan 10, 16:15

Dreadlocksmile wrote:
EMMO wrote:I went to a endless… gig at Shepherds empire back in either 97 or 98 and it was the worst ever gig I saw the guys play.
They were a mess and I think they broke up (again!) shortly after. Can’t remember if Danny was there – think he was but the songs were sloppy and the sound was terrible.

I also remember this gig for other reasons. I had a burger before and it gave me the chronic shits.
So much so I literally filled the only downstairs toilet up with plop and the chain broke!

Half way through the support act my guts gave way again – knowing the toilet was broke I managed to get the security to let me out so I could have a plop in the pub next door. I was in there for 30 minutes shitting through the eye of a needle.

Feeling like shit (excuse the pun) I got back in just before the Wildhearts come on and I wish I hadn’t bothered!!!!

Not sure you needed this last bit of info but I added it anyway.

Hahahaha....I was at the exact same gig. Danny was f**ked at the time and vomited all over the stage.

I however, enjoyed the gig immensly (don't recall the sound being that bad).

Each to their own innit.

And me. He had his sick bucket there, there was a monstrous twat in a leather jacket in the crowd who got said sick bucket chucked all over him. I couldn't hear for a week after that gig.
Ross

Postby Jimmy79 » 7th Jan 10, 18:02

I have very fond memories of the Manchester gig
from the endless nameless tour

It was a crazy gig, I remember the audience werent very happy I think because of the amount of the new songs being played, and neither where the band
due to said unhappy drunken dicks throwing beers on the stage and Danny and Ginger pointing out couple of those people from the stage, it felt kinda hostile
also I think Newcastle had also given Man U a thrashing a ginger came on with a Tshirt
highlighting the score of the game!
lots of people where annoyed about how short the set was but I'm pretty sure
ginger had some broken ribs at the time due to a brawl with some security at a festival?

Me I loved it!
so glad I got to see the "endless.." songs live sample's n all in very dramatic fashion! :D
Id given anything to see a anniversay gig for that album
Jimmy79

Postby SiN1758 » 7th Jan 10, 18:11

Jimmy79 wrote:Id given anything to see a anniversay gig for that album

Me and you both!
SiN1758

Postby blackdeathcrew » 8th Jan 10, 08:38

SiN1758 wrote:
Jimmy79 wrote:Id given anything to see a anniversay gig for that album

Me and you both!

And me. I'd sell a kidney for it to happen!!
ImageImage
blackdeathcrew

Postby Andwah » 8th Jan 10, 10:23

First time i saw them was Endless Nameless tour in Newcastle, was raw but good. Ginger had a Shearer t-shirt hanging on his mic stand that night.
Andwah

Postby WiredOut » 8th Jan 10, 12:01

Yeah, these recollections remind me how much the aura around Ginger and the WH has generally lightened and evolved since those dark, angry days.

EN tour at the Glasgow Garage was the first time I saw them live. It was like being trapped in a howling strobing tunnel of impossible black noise. Roadies were holding teetering speaker stacks up so they didn't fall over and kill the audience. All was rage and chaos and evil scissor-kicked its way across the scorched plains. Afterwards, I pretty much felt like I'd just been locked in a grand piano full of burning wolves and kicked down a lift shaft packed with rusty cutlery. So, rather good, actually.
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Postby Jason S » 8th Jan 10, 12:47

Dreadlocksmile wrote:
EMMO wrote:I went to a endless… gig at Shepherds empire back in either 97 or 98 and it was the worst ever gig I saw the guys play.
They were a mess and I think they broke up (again!) shortly after. Can’t remember if Danny was there – think he was but the songs were sloppy and the sound was terrible.

I also remember this gig for other reasons. I had a burger before and it gave me the chronic shits.
So much so I literally filled the only downstairs toilet up with plop and the chain broke!

Half way through the support act my guts gave way again – knowing the toilet was broke I managed to get the security to let me out so I could have a plop in the pub next door. I was in there for 30 minutes shitting through the eye of a needle.

Feeling like shit (excuse the pun) I got back in just before the Wildhearts come on and I wish I hadn’t bothered!!!!

Not sure you needed this last bit of info but I added it anyway.

Hahahaha....I was at the exact same gig. Danny was f**ked at the time and vomited all over the stage.

I however, enjoyed the gig immensly (don't recall the sound being that bad).

Each to their own innit.

I don't remember it sounding that bad,either...though I do remember Ginger berating the people in the expensive seats upstairs for not enjoying themselves as much as the mad throng at the front...
Jason S

Postby floyd » 8th Jan 10, 13:51

Remember this IDDSY! :wink: Them were the days, we took so many drugs back then its hard to remember if we were actually there!!
Anyway here's a live recording of it, enjoy http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VUT7KW1U
Shepherds Bush Empire
31-08-97

1 Anthem
2 Headfuck
3 Nurse Maximum
4 Urge
5 I Wanna Go Where The People Go
6 If Like Is Like A Lovebank
7 Pissjoy
8 S.I.N
9 Pump It Up
10 Suckerpunch
11 Caffeine Bomb
12 White Lies
13 Jam
14 Heroin
15 Sick Of Drugs
floyd

Postby floyd » 8th Jan 10, 14:02

just a afterthought anyone got this to upload please?Image[/img]
floyd

Postby macc lad » 8th Jan 10, 14:08

Reading all this makes me wish i'd seen them on these shows too, i'm gonna try and download the gig later.
Ask lots of questions dont eat the bullshit
macc lad

Postby macc lad » 8th Jan 10, 18:26

floyd wrote:Remember this IDDSY! :wink: Them were the days, we took so many drugs back then its hard to remember if we were actually there!!
Anyway here's a live recording of it, enjoy http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VUT7KW1U
Shepherds Bush Empire
31-08-97

1 Anthem
2 Headfuck
3 Nurse Maximum
4 Urge
7 Pissjoy
8 S.I.N
9 Pump It Up
10 Suckerpunch
11 Caffeine Bomb
12 White Lies
13 Jam
14 Heroin
15 Sick Of Drugs

Cheers for posting this gig !
Ask lots of questions dont eat the bullshit
macc lad

Postby Jimmy79 » 8th Jan 10, 20:08

floyd wrote:Remember this IDDSY! :wink: Them were the days, we took so many drugs back then its hard to remember if we were actually there!!
Shepherds Bush Empire
31-08-97

1 Anthem
2 Headfuck
3 Nurse Maximum
4 Urge
7 Pissjoy
8 S.I.N
9 Pump It Up
10 Suckerpunch
11 Caffeine Bomb
12 White Lies
13 Jam
14 Heroin
15 Sick Of Drugs

isnt this sourced from a video of the show????
I would LOVE to see that
anyone have the Manchester show from the same tour?
Jimmy79

Postby floyd » 8th Jan 10, 20:27

Jimmy79 wrote:
I would LOVE to see that

couldn't honestly say what the source is, but if there is a bootleg vid of this, i would love to see it!!
floyd

Postby iddsy » 8th Jan 10, 21:12

Shepherds Bush Empire
31-08-97

1 Anthem
2 Headfuck
3 Nurse Maximum
4 Urge
7 Pissjoy
8 S.I.N
9 Pump It Up
10 Suckerpunch
11 Caffeine Bomb
12 White Lies
13 Jam
14 Heroin
15 Sick Of Drugs
fuck yes,how could i forget lol!! and whats with the back then? lol :twisted:
iddsy

Postby blackdeathcrew » 9th Jan 10, 11:39

Jimmy79 wrote:
Shepherds Bush Empire
31-08-97

1 Anthem
2 Headfuck
3 Nurse Maximum
4 Urge
7 Pissjoy
8 S.I.N
9 Pump It Up
10 Suckerpunch
11 Caffeine Bomb
12 White Lies
13 Jam
14 Heroin
15 Sick Of Drugs

I would LOVE to see that

I have a boot of the Manchester show, will try and upload it somewhere if ya like
ImageImage
blackdeathcrew

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Live