1997 + Endless Nameless Tour...

Tour dates, reviews, meetups, live photos...

1997 + Endless Nameless Tour...

Postby maz » 29th Dec 09, 03:15

Erm I apologise for perhaps creating a thread which will basically appeal to around 5 wildhearts fans... 6 if jef Streatfield gets involved... anyway....8)

I've just seen on youtube a festival in Japan called the Beaufiful Monsters Tour...
Now there is a link for the wildhearts with a ginger interview and 3 songs - sick of drugs, nita nitro and anthem... to be fair the vocals aren't the greatest but musically it's very powerful... and I was always a fan of the Streatfield era... Anyway it says it was from 1999 - I won't question that because according to the biog (and my memory) the wildhearts did reunite for some shows in japan after 1998.
My question - or sort of query to you all is, has anyone got anymore footage from the '97 era? I've already seen the "Live at Akasaka Blitz in Japan 1997" footage of "Urge" which is personally one of my favourite live videos. Battersby's drums + samples are awesome!!!

Merry xmas everyone and a happy new year!
Maz
maz

Re: 1997 + Endless Nameless Tour...

Postby maz » 29th Dec 09, 03:23

maz wrote:Erm I apologise for perhaps creating a thread which will basically appeal to around 5 wildhearts fans... 6 if jef Streatfield gets involved... anyway....8)

I've just seen on youtube a festival in Japan called the Beaufiful Monsters Tour...
Now there is a link for the wildhearts with a ginger interview and 3 songs - sick of drugs, nita nitro and anthem... to be fair the vocals aren't the greatest but musically it's very powerful... and I was always a fan of the Streatfield era... Anyway it says it was from 1999 - I won't question that because according to the biog (and my memory) the wildhearts did reunite for some shows in japan after 1998.
My question - or sort of query to you all is, has anyone got anymore footage from the '97 era? I've already seen the "Live at Akasaka Blitz in Japan 1997" footage of "Urge" which is personally one of my favourite live videos. Battersby's drums + samples are awesome!!!

Maz

Sorry I've just found 2 more tunes from that japan '97 tour... been checking for years and then 2 songs turn up, a bit like buses!
maz

Postby Sarc » 29th Dec 09, 12:40

maz wrote:
Sorry I've just found 2 more tunes from that japan '97 tour... been checking for years and then 2 songs turn up, a bit like buses!

Y'mean they're big red stinky and full of pikeys?
Not sent from my fucking iphone.

The Wicked Mod of the South.

Go here you might like it.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Eureka_Machines/index.php
Sarc

Postby macc lad » 29th Dec 09, 14:03

any chance of posting the link, what songs are they

cheers
Ask lots of questions dont eat the bullshit
macc lad

Postby Assmask » 29th Dec 09, 15:26

macc lad wrote:any chance of posting the link, what songs are they

cheers

Yeah, I'd be keen to see them too, pls linkie link
8==m==D
8=m===D
8===m=D
8m====D--=__

The Big Grizzly

https://www.facebook.com/biggrizzlyband
Assmask

Postby scully » 30th Dec 09, 03:33

...and you will know me by the trail of dead...dead...dead...dead...
scully

Postby macc lad » 30th Dec 09, 17:58

Thanks for that
macc lad

Postby Keith Richard » 31st Dec 09, 00:39

"The people in California are stupid"???????? - Sick Of Drugs was certainly an appropriate song to play back then.
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby macc lad » 31st Dec 09, 09:40

Yeah i liked that bit aswell !
those shades are cool too
macc lad

Postby macc lad » 31st Dec 09, 13:55

maz wrote:
maz wrote:Erm I apologise for perhaps creating a thread which will basically appeal to around 5 wildhearts fans... 6 if jef Streatfield gets involved... anyway....8)

Maz

what are the other two you mention here ?
macc lad

Postby maz » 6th Jan 10, 12:41

macc lad wrote:
maz wrote:

Maz

what are the other two you mention here ?

There are actually three more from the Live at Akasaka Blitz in Japan 1997

Anthem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnMMnlwZ ... re=related
Sick Of Drugs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmFkGQtr ... re=related
I Wanna Go...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBGJ499W ... re=related
as well as Urge

For me it's Streatfield and Battersby that shine in these performance.
I love the drum sound! Be really cool to hear or see any other songs from Endless Nameless on this tour, especially for those who found EN a bit overbearing because although it's still quite a rough sound (and Battersby uses samples/triggers to re-create the percussion) it's much clearer and there's more bass.
maz

Postby Dreadlocksmile » 6th Jan 10, 14:29

Terrible display of unashamed advertising but...

I've currently got a tour t-shirt from this 1997 tour up for grabs on ebay...

Have a gander:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270507443295&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Finishes Thursday night (7th Jan 2010).
End of the world beginning?
Dreadlocksmile

Postby macc lad » 6th Jan 10, 20:12

Thanks Maz
macc lad

Postby EMMO » 7th Jan 10, 13:56

I went to a endless… gig at Shepherds empire back in either 97 or 98 and it was the worst ever gig I saw the guys play.
They were a mess and I think they broke up (again!) shortly after. Can’t remember if Danny was there – think he was but the songs were sloppy and the sound was terrible.

I also remember this gig for other reasons. I had a burger before and it gave me the chronic shits.
So much so I literally filled the only downstairs toilet up with plop and the chain broke!

Half way through the support act my guts gave way again – knowing the toilet was broke I managed to get the security to let me out so I could have a plop in the pub next door. I was in there for 30 minutes shitting through the eye of a needle.

Feeling like shit (excuse the pun) I got back in just before the Wildhearts come on and I wish I hadn’t bothered!!!!

Not sure you needed this last bit of info but I added it anyway.
PHUQ, FISHING FOR LUCKIES, CHUTZPAH!, EARTH VS, ...MUST BE DESTROYED, DONT BE HAPPY, ENDLESS NAMELESS, COUPLED WITH , THE WILDHEARTS
EMMO

Postby Dreadlocksmile » 7th Jan 10, 14:30

EMMO wrote:I went to a endless… gig at Shepherds empire back in either 97 or 98 and it was the worst ever gig I saw the guys play.
They were a mess and I think they broke up (again!) shortly after. Can’t remember if Danny was there – think he was but the songs were sloppy and the sound was terrible.

I also remember this gig for other reasons. I had a burger before and it gave me the chronic shits.
So much so I literally filled the only downstairs toilet up with plop and the chain broke!

Half way through the support act my guts gave way again – knowing the toilet was broke I managed to get the security to let me out so I could have a plop in the pub next door. I was in there for 30 minutes shitting through the eye of a needle.

Feeling like shit (excuse the pun) I got back in just before the Wildhearts come on and I wish I hadn’t bothered!!!!

Not sure you needed this last bit of info but I added it anyway.

Hahahaha....I was at the exact same gig. Danny was f**ked at the time and vomited all over the stage.

I however, enjoyed the gig immensly (don't recall the sound being that bad).

Each to their own innit.
End of the world beginning?
Dreadlocksmile

Next

Return to Wildhearts Live