Wolverhampton

Tour dates, reviews, meetups, live photos...

Wolverhampton

Postby SteveP » 22nd Dec 09, 02:18

I won't say a lot, but, if you weren't there, you missed a great gig, and for those who didn't hang around the backstage after the gig, well, you lost out and didn't hear some good stuff from all 3 bands
23 Pictures In A Tent....

'The bus is gannin fuckin neewhere'
SteveP

Postby FF5M » 22nd Dec 09, 09:50

Loved it. Once it got going after early sound problems it was immense. For me personally as a completist I expected Liberty Cap which was great as I'd not seen that live before, but Dreaming in A I did not expect! But that's what makes them so great and I really appreciated the level of fan service last night with the more obscure stuff going down a storm.
FF5M

Postby paulron32 » 22nd Dec 09, 09:55

Gutted, I went to Leeds on Sat and I was behind the mixing desk, Dreaming In A was on the list but they didn't play it in the encore. You lucky people! What was the full set list anyone?
Hey Dawg, did you see the size of that chicken?
paulron32

Postby FF5M » 22nd Dec 09, 12:53

Main set same as one on Leeds thread but with Beautiful Thing You, think it was after Liberty Cap

Again, looking at the Leeds thread, I think they did the intended encore for that night so was Jackson Whites, The Only One, Girlfiend Clothes, Dreaming in A, 29X, Headfuck and I Wanna Go. The encore was the best bit of the night for me.

Gutted for anyone who missed out on Dreaming in A in Leeds. Reminds me of last year when V-Day was dropped from the on stage set list!
FF5M

Postby Pudu » 22nd Dec 09, 13:20

FF5M wrote:Main set same as one on Leeds thread but with Beautiful Thing You, think it was after Liberty Cap

Again, looking at the Leeds thread, I think they did the intended encore for that night so was Jackson Whites, The Only One, Girlfiend Clothes, Dreaming in A, 29X, Headfuck and I Wanna Go. The encore was the best bit of the night for me.

Gutted for anyone who missed out on Dreaming in A in Leeds. Reminds me of last year when V-Day was dropped from the on stage set list!

I am more gutted about missing Girlfriend Clothes at Leeds myself grrrrr
Too many fucking bubbles man!

What's your liiiiiiffffeeeeee?
Pudu

Postby FF5M » 22nd Dec 09, 13:55

Pudu wrote:

Hate to say it then but that was the absolute highlight last night, the hardcore down the front went absolutely mad for it and rightfully so.
FF5M

Postby Pudu » 22nd Dec 09, 14:02

FF5M wrote:
Pudu wrote:

Hate to say it then but that was the absolute highlight last night, the hardcore down the front went absolutely mad for it and rightfully so.

Arrrrggghhhhh your just trying to rub salt into the wounds now :lol: I would have been one of those down the front going mad!
Too many fucking bubbles man!

What's your liiiiiiffffeeeeee?
Pudu

Postby Nickinvincible » 22nd Dec 09, 14:47

Yeah last night was an absolute blinder, band were in the form of their lives, great setlist covering pretty much every album bar E,N, it was one of the best gigs I've seen them do. Just pure quality from start to finish.

Good job I get to do it all again in Londres tonight!
Nickinvincible

Postby Mattie » 22nd Dec 09, 15:41

3 words:
ow my head

more words:
Lots of fun to be had wandering Wolverhampton (yeah, bad football pun, I know) after a gig, as someone who's usually in a rush to go home after gigs it was nice to stay out and not just read a thread afterwards wondering "what the hell are these guys talking about?"
ImageImage
Mattie

Postby Col » 22nd Dec 09, 16:28

Had a fantastic nite overall, so many funny things going on. Don't think I've laffed so much in ages.
Great gig, great fun bumping into AP, Lotyalties and Scott afterwards. Ended up in Travelodge bar till 3ish (I think).
Col

Postby SteveP » 22nd Dec 09, 17:07

correct, it was around 3 when we departed for our rooms.

Mattie.... just think how much more pain your head would be in if you had been on pints instead of bottles of bud in the hotel bar!!!!!

talking of the hotel, where the fuck was everyone who was staying there??
we were late arriving admittedly, world's quickest shower and into the bar at 25 past 5, we were the only sods there apart from an old bloke having his evening meal.
After the gig we ended up in Yates' and got back to the hotel about half midnight after some quality shenanigans with The Loyalties and Antiproduct.....
Artistry at it's best, well done Col, Turner Prize to you for 2010...

and free beer, courtesy of The Loyalties...cheers Tom!! :D

and then back to the hotel for more alcohol and we were the only ones in the bloody bar!!
23 Pictures In A Tent....

'The bus is gannin fuckin neewhere'
SteveP

Postby macc lad » 22nd Dec 09, 17:17

wolves was excellent i really enjoyed liberty cap as being honest i dont own it. Dreaming in a was also fantastic but my favourite was iwgwtpg i just went mental
Ask lots of questions dont eat the bullshit
macc lad

Postby Mattie » 22nd Dec 09, 17:24

For those who didn't go, The Loyalties had to do an acoustic set as their drummer couldn't make it (snow/traffic) and I was very happy to hear "Aint Love A Drag' played.

The 'problems' didn't end there as one of the microphones had a mind of it's own and was swinging all over the place.. but 'problems' were all part of the fun and kind of made the set in a way.

They also had Scott make a guest appearance for a cover of The Kinks' Father Christmas (...give us yer' money) which I'd never actally heard of until sunday when I randomly found it on Spotify (a cover by Smash Mouth, anyway) so it was one of those great coincidences.

Also, bottles/pints... just glad I didn't attempt one of those 2 pint plastic glasses (is that right?) at the venue!
ImageImage
Mattie

Postby Col » 22nd Dec 09, 17:29

I can't take all the credit for the artistry, and that's in it's unfinished state.
Col

Postby nig1012 » 23rd Dec 09, 14:14

excellent gig at the wulfrun gud 2 c u mattie (if only briefly) stevep and col were (if u've ever met them) in typical form :lol: . really gutted we had to shoot off the mrs had work in the morning :cry:

next yr we're defo gonna stay over

i'm sure i saw our kid (EAN) wandering the empty hall after the gig too :D

never made it in time 4 the loyalties (decided on another beer in the london) but thought antiproduct were excellent (wot a hot band :lol: )
is your silence making you lonely?
or is your lonliness making you silent?
nig1012

Next

Return to Wildhearts Live