LEEDS SETLIST **spoilers alert**

Tour dates, reviews, meetups, live photos...

Postby maz » 22nd Dec 09, 13:34

FF5M wrote:I agree with this. A couple of years ago I was getting a bit bored with the set being most of Earth Vs then a few other mainly safe choices. Luckily over the years I have heard most of the ones I would ever want, only exceptions really are Friend for Five Minutes and V-Day

Anyway, apart from the start last night which I found a bit underwhelming I can't really complain about a set that included Liberty Cap, GF Clothes, Beautiful Thing and Dreaming in A.

Anyone know why Plastic Jebus doesn't make the cut from Chutzpah considering they played half of the album? Everyone I know with the album thinks its the best track, hope its not one that never gets played again as presumably some of Chutzpah will never be aired again.

Be good to hear Liberty Cap. Dreaming in A i'm not keen on. They may as well play Tom Take The Money - a similar but far better song (in my opinion.)

I think with the line-up in place they will concentrate on the CJ era and Scott's period with the band which i can totally understand. Problem for me is as I said my favourite output from them came between 1995-1997, whether it be albums, b-sides or even landmines and pantomimes!

With regards to the later stuff - not so keen on the poppy material - and Plastic Jebus is certainly in my opinion the best track off the new album. So basically it's a more pop/rock catchy wildhearts set than a diverse one.

I suppose that's it really - it's down to opinions - what a great band they must be if we are arguing over songs which are all generally fantastic, it's just some you urge for (excuse the pun) more than others!
maz

Postby Pudu » 22nd Dec 09, 13:37

maz wrote: it's just some you urge for (excuse the pun) more than others!

Oh don't make excuses for the pun - you should be celebrating it :D
Too many fucking bubbles man!

What's your liiiiiiffffeeeeee?
Pudu

Postby FF5M » 22nd Dec 09, 13:53

maz wrote:
I think with the line-up in place they will concentrate on the CJ era and Scott's period with the band which i can totally understand. Problem for me is as I said my favourite output from them came between 1995-1997, whether it be albums, b-sides or even landmines and pantomimes!

That's an excellent point about the line up and not one I'd though of before. I'd say that era was my favourite too as I was just getting into the band then and that was an exciting rollercoaster time to be following them.

In terms of the Scott era though, they seem to have ditched the last album which never got much of an airing. I thought it was a solid album, probably lacking standout tracks but Rooting for the Bad Guy would be one of my choices for an ideal set (mind you it would probably be about 50 songs, over 4 hours and include enough rarities to completely alienate half the audience!)
FF5M

Postby maz » 22nd Dec 09, 15:19

FF5M wrote:
maz wrote:

That's an excellent point about the line up and not one I'd though of before. I'd say that era was my favourite too as I was just getting into the band then and that was an exciting rollercoaster time to be following them.

In terms of the Scott era though, they seem to have ditched the last album which never got much of an airing. I thought it was a solid album, probably lacking standout tracks but Rooting for the Bad Guy would be one of my choices for an ideal set (mind you it would probably be about 50 songs, over 4 hours and include enough rarities to completely alienate half the audience!)

As a 20 song setlist I would love to hear:

Junkenstein
Unbroken
Velvet Presley
Jackson Whites
Plastic Jebus
Nita Nitro
Nurse Maximum
Shame On Me
Vanilla Radio
Friend For Five Minutes
Urge
Low Energy Vortex
Suckerpunch
Jonesing For Jones
Soul Searching On Planet Earth
Zomboid
Thunderf*ck

Sick Of Drugs
Chutzpah
I Wanna Go

Sorry, probably not on the relevent thread - hopefully it won't confuse anyone who has a quick glance at it and is mortified at the prospect of hearing EN tunes tonight! :wink:
maz

Re: leeds gig

Postby evileyebri » 23rd Dec 09, 01:15

richyboy1981 wrote:I had a great fucking time guys. Loved the setlist - what I can remeber of it...did they play Turning American?! I was a bit too happy to remeber...like i was a bit too happy to remember chatting to Scott and alex for half an hour...

Ginger played the beginning of Turning American after someone in the crowd kept shouting for it but they quickly went into another song.
evileyebri

Previous

Return to Wildhearts Live