LEEDS SETLIST **spoilers alert**

Tour dates, reviews, meetups, live photos...

LEEDS SETLIST **spoilers alert**

Postby nig1012 » 20th Dec 09, 12:32

come on people don't keep it 2 urself
is your silence making you lonely?
or is your lonliness making you silent?
nig1012

Postby macc lad » 20th Dec 09, 12:54

Setlist people, or are you all still in bed !
Ask lots of questions dont eat the bullshit
macc lad

Postby Pudu » 20th Dec 09, 13:26

Sorry guys I didnt get a copy of the setlist and couldnt manage to make a note of all of the songs. Was a good mix of old, very old (LIberty Cap) and new (4 from Chutzpah!) along with good number of classics!
Too many fucking bubbles man!

What's your liiiiiiffffeeeeee?
Pudu

Postby Col » 20th Dec 09, 13:31

vanilla radio
beautiful thing you
someone who won't
revolution
understanding jane
sick of drugs
suckerpunch
liberty cap
carmelita
new york
mazel tov
chutzpah

That's the first part anyway.
Col

Postby Pudu » 20th Dec 09, 13:33

The encore was something like (but probably not exactly!) .....

Only One
29 x
Headfuck
I wanna go

Pudu

Postby sidecar » 21st Dec 09, 14:31

that sounds about right... along with the usual piss take musical interludes... quick blast of country styled turning american, and bits of that snow patrol song (is it called run????)
'After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say 'I want to see the manager.'
sidecar

Postby Pudu » 21st Dec 09, 14:50

Oh and don't forget Hot Steve retuning a guitar before being told by Dunc that they weren't doing whatever song he thought they were and then having to put the tuning back :lol: :lol:

Pudu

leeds gig

Postby richyboy1981 » 21st Dec 09, 23:50

I had a great fucking time guys. Loved the setlist - what I can remeber of it...did they play Turning American?! I was a bit too happy to remeber...like i was a bit too happy to remember chatting to Scott and alex for half an hour...
richyboy1981

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 22nd Dec 09, 04:48

That's a great setlist, wish I could have seen this gig. A mix of new, rare and favourites, you lucky swines.
Jason_scorching_past

Postby paulron32 » 22nd Dec 09, 09:58

I think the set list posted above is just about right, Dreaming In A & Jackson Whites were on the set list on the mixing desk for the encore but clearly didn't make it. Don't forget the Run To The Hills drum intro one song in when Ginger announced Rich had picked the set. Quality gig all round.
Hey Dawg, did you see the size of that chicken?
paulron32

Postby maz » 22nd Dec 09, 12:25

Sick Of Drugs and IWGWTPG aside, anything from their best 3 albums - p.h.u.q, Fishing for Luckies, or Endless Nameless? What about b-sides from the 1995-97 period? Be cool to here Friend for Five Minutes, Velvet Presley, Zomboid ect...
maz

Postby Pudu » 22nd Dec 09, 12:32

maz wrote: anything from their best 3 albums - p.h.u.q, Fishing for Luckies, or Endless Nameless?

How the hell can you not have Earth Vs in their best 3 albums list?????

Pudu

Postby maz » 22nd Dec 09, 12:46

Pudu wrote:
maz wrote: anything from their best 3 albums - p.h.u.q, Fishing for Luckies, or Endless Nameless?

How the hell can you not have Earth Vs in their best 3 albums list?????

Overplayed. Don't get me wrong it's absolutely great from start to finish but I can go without hearing it really - especially as there was the earth vs show last year.
Also I actually got into the Wildhearts from hearing p.h.u.q and fishing... I only got the Earth vs album after these two - knowing 6 of the songs from that greatest hits package anyhow - so it's no suprise that from Earth it would be great to hear the "lesser" tracks (if there is such a thing) such as News Of The World, Drinking about Life, Shame On Me...

Anyway looking forward to what ever they play tonight, I still don't think it will eclipse the show I saw them play at the astoria in 2007 - nurse maximum got an airing - now that was quality!
maz

Postby FF5M » 22nd Dec 09, 13:01

I agree with this. A couple of years ago I was getting a bit bored with the set being most of Earth Vs then a few other mainly safe choices. Luckily over the years I have heard most of the ones I would ever want, only exceptions really are Friend for Five Minutes and V-Day

Anyway, apart from the start last night which I found a bit underwhelming I can't really complain about a set that included Liberty Cap, GF Clothes, Beautiful Thing and Dreaming in A.

Anyone know why Plastic Jebus doesn't make the cut from Chutzpah considering they played half of the album? Everyone I know with the album thinks its the best track, hope its not one that never gets played again as presumably some of Chutzpah will never be aired again.
FF5M

Postby Pudu » 22nd Dec 09, 13:17

I agree that many of us have heard stuff off Earth Vs a hell of a lot and I also love to hear some of the lesser known stuff. I particularly enjoyed hearing Liberty Cap in Leeds and SIN at the birthday gig for example. It was just the way maz wrote it as the best 3 albums. Love the ones you mentioned but for me Earth Vs HAS to be in the top 3 albums that they have ever released.

Pudu

Next

Return to Wildhearts Live