Manchester

Tour dates, reviews, meetups, live photos...

Manchester

Postby SteveP » 1st Oct 09, 00:59

Fuckin immense

Sweaty as a bastard

Flamin knackered

5 down, 1 to go

That is all
23 Pictures In A Tent....

'The bus is gannin fuckin neewhere'
SteveP

Postby Damian » 1st Oct 09, 01:09

Hooray! Other sources have also told me the night was a stormer, so looking forward to Ginger's take on it. Am jealous too, lived in Manchester for four years and love the place.
Damian

Postby Pudu » 1st Oct 09, 09:48

Was definately a great one. Every single one of the band seemed to be enjoying themselves with plenty of smiles and joviality going on. Ginger told everyone to buy their tickets earlier so they could play the big room - even though I love them playing upstairs I felt last night had something a bit more about it being that intimate (Oh and I couldn't have bought mine any earlier than the first day of sale :D ).
Too many fucking bubbles man!

What's your liiiiiiffffeeeeee?
Pudu

Postby SteveP » 1st Oct 09, 10:06

23 Pictures In A Tent....

'The bus is gannin fuckin neewhere'
SteveP

Postby Shandybang » 1st Oct 09, 11:57

A friend of mine went and tried to buy a ticket from the touts outside.
They were being sold for £50 each.

Bloodsucking Bastards!!
Shandybang

Postby Pudu » 1st Oct 09, 12:20

Shandybang wrote:A friend of mine went and tried to buy a ticket from the touts outside.
They were being sold for £50 each.

Bloodsucking Bastards!!

Your not joking - Had a spare ticket last year that I couldn't get rid of any other way - they would only give me £5 on a £20 ticket!

Pudu

Postby vickyp » 1st Oct 09, 20:06

Pudu wrote:Had a spare ticket last year that I couldn't get rid of any other way - they would only give me £5 on a £20 ticket!

Last year I ended up with a spare that I couldn't find a home for, they only gave me £4! I reckon the price will be a bit higher next time somehow. And there won't be any spares.

It was a bit hot down there in Club Academy wasn't it? absolutely roasting in the middle, glad I wasn't wearing 2 shirts like some fools (no names mentioned eh Steve P?).

Really enjoyed Black Spiders again - best song St Peter is a killer every night. Do they need a licence to be that good?

Went to the bar before the Wildhearts came on and when I turned round again I couldn't get to the front, it was rammed. Lots of appreciation for the full album from where I was stood, I think it takes balls to decide to play the whole thing but if you're going to call it Chutzpah then you might as well not shy away from it. Again I could have gone home happy after the first set, but the second set was the mental crowd pleasing cherry on the top.

An excellent night, but then so were Leeds & Nottingham. If I had to choose which one was best I just wouldn't be able to.
Zorro won't build me a time machine
vickyp

Postby Pudu » 1st Oct 09, 21:56

vickyp wrote: It was a bit hot down there in Club Academy wasn't it? absolutely roasting in the middle, glad I wasn't wearing 2 shirts like some fools (no names mentioned eh Steve P?).

A BIT hot???? Never mind 2 t-shirts .... Glad I wasn't wearing a T-shirt plus leather jacket and biker boots like the guy squashed at the side of me at the front!!!

Pudu

Postby Col » 1st Oct 09, 22:19

vickyp wrote:An excellent night, but then so were Leeds & Nottingham..

They certainly were!!!
Col

Postby Ilsa » 1st Oct 09, 22:37

vickyp wrote:It was a bit hot down there in Club Academy wasn't it?

Aye, a smidge on the warm side. Oleandershelly reckoned that leaning against the wall was cool until I suggested that it was probably just damp from other folks sweat!

Top night - completely lived up to my ever so high expectations - iChutzpah! has been the soundrack to a bloody good summer so the gig just topped it off. Def one to remember.
"Eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions God's infinite love"
Ilsa

Postby carlosconnelli » 2nd Oct 09, 12:57

Pudu wrote:
vickyp wrote: It was a bit hot down there in Club Academy wasn't it? absolutely roasting in the middle, glad I wasn't wearing 2 shirts like some fools (no names mentioned eh Steve P?).

A BIT hot???? Never mind 2 t-shirts .... Glad I wasn't wearing a T-shirt plus leather jacket and biker boots like the guy squashed at the side of me at the front!!!

That dude looked so warm in there! At least us down the front got free water, that was very cool! Reminded me of Reading Festival!
carlosconnelli

Return to Wildhearts Live