Leeds gig Sat 26th

Tour dates, reviews, meetups, live photos...

Postby vickyp » 27th Sep 09, 12:42

Great night last night as I've already put in the reviews section, nice to see Trudi, Nick & family, SteveP, Col & Martin, Andy Santiago & missus, Little Hel, Lee & Sharon from Blackpool & several hundred other nutters all loving it.

Robdy2k I hope you managed to get in - we had 4 different sets of people come up to us in the pub asking if we knew of any spare tickets so I don't think there were many to be had but I saw one of the guys again inside so he must have found one somewhere.
Zorro won't build me a time machine
vickyp

Leeds n that

Postby robdy2k » 27th Sep 09, 13:26

Yo!

Well... here sitteth a thoroughly satisfied man the day after an amazing wildies show which certainly goes down in my book as the start of a new page in the history of seeing the band and has made my respect go up for them immensley.

Ginger - your blog yesterday defending the decision to play Chutzpah in full kind of made me sad because in my mind it was totally the coolest and bravest and freshest vibe you could have jumped on and it although it is your band and you can do what you want, as far as my 'investment' in all things Wildies is concerned, you struck gold on this one. Fucking killer idea, fucking perfectly executed, totally what I want to see from my favourite British band, I'm proud to be a fan of a band that is moving forward and changing.

Like the Metallica show at Knebworth where the new material I felt went down better at the front than most of the old shit, this was the same. Keep on keeping on.

ahem

I hope Ginger reads that.

To Vicky P and Ean and all the the folk who read my thread desperatley looking for a spare ticket after my fuck up... the end of the story is happily ever after when my mate got sick and gave us his ticket. My other mate blagged it in free on someone elses guest list! AMAZING... result!

These lovely ladies who accompanied my brother and I to the show.... Wildies virgins... had their cherrys popped in a a way which makles me almost shocked and suprised because I've had newbies come to shows with me and be a little 'meh' (nor impressed)' - not like me who usually vibes after most shows obviously, but these girls - dunno if it was the atmos or the strength of Chutzapah, or the awesome second set, but they are now converts and I reckon they will help to defend the name of the band we all love so much.

FUCK YEAH! 10/10

:)
It's better to regret something you have done than something you haven't done.
robdy2k

Re: Leeds n that

Postby markE » 28th Sep 09, 10:22

robdy2k wrote:To Vicky P and Ean and all the the folk who read my thread desperatley looking for a spare ticket after my fuck up... the end of the story is happily ever after when my mate got sick and gave us his ticket. My other mate blagged it in free on someone elses guest list! AMAZING... result!
:)

thats a bit harsh!
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Postby Little Hell » 29th Sep 09, 21:28

Harsh maybe, but still a result, and needs must. Leeds was great (and this coming from someone with an intense hatred of the place), good music, good friends, and just a good time all round. So much so, I'm going to have to do it again...
Little Hell

Postby Andy Santiago » 5th Oct 09, 11:01

I know it's late but that was one of the best Wildhearts gigs I've ever seen and there's been a lot since '93!
Hi to Vicky P and Trudi who I met briefly before the gig!
"So I fucked your sister,
Tried it on with your mother,
Kicked the shit out of your brother
But darling, I always loved you."

Love Song #666
Andy Santiago

Previous

Return to Wildhearts Live