Leeds gig Sat 26th

Tour dates, reviews, meetups, live photos...

Postby vickyp » 23rd Sep 09, 18:27

robdy2k wrote:For all the peeps who are down there for the meet up, can you give me a shout if you hear of a ticket going spare!

I've not heard of any spares yet, I've seen other people asking elsewhere too.
Will keep my ears peeled though just in case :wink:
Zorro won't build me a time machine
vickyp

Postby Trudi » 23rd Sep 09, 19:44

Am I right in thinking the free city bus that goes from the bus station stops quite close to the pub?
Trudi

Postby vickyp » 23rd Sep 09, 20:13

Trudi wrote:Am I right in thinking the free city bus that goes from the bus station stops quite close to the pub?

It does yes, it stops right outside the train station on New Station Street (marked with a train on my map link above). The only tricky bit is that the pub is actually on the road below the station level so you either have to go down some stairs to get there or walk down the exit road from the station and double back on yourself. Probably easiest to see this in street view on the map.
vickyp

Postby Trudi » 23rd Sep 09, 20:22

Ta - that means I can be lazy and not walk all the way from the bus station. :P
Trudi

Postby robdy2k » 23rd Sep 09, 22:36

Yeah - to get to the Scarborough from the station you need to go down a set of stairs that are directly opposite the station entrance through a dodgy looking stairwell which sometimes stinks of piss... it brings you out on the other side of the road from the Scarborough...

Last time I went to see the Wildies was at Rios in Leeds and I saw Hot Steve in a random pub before hand... don't think it was an official meet up pub... them were't days... ;)
It's better to regret something you have done than something you haven't done.
robdy2k

Postby sidecar » 24th Sep 09, 12:02

hi all!

I'm meeting a few mates before hand, stragglers and what not...somewhere in town... hopefully i'll be able to divert them to the scarborough, but failing that i'll see y'all in the cockpit! Can't wait, been looking forward to this gig for ages!!! Gonna be bouncing by saturday!!!
'After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say 'I want to see the manager.'
sidecar

Postby SteveP » 24th Sep 09, 12:37

sidecar wrote:Gonna be bouncing by saturday!!!

I've been bouncing SINCE last saturday in anticipation of seeing them again this saturday!!!! :lol:
23 Pictures In A Tent....

'The bus is gannin fuckin neewhere'
SteveP

Postby sidecar » 24th Sep 09, 12:41

SteveP wrote:
sidecar wrote:Gonna be bouncing by saturday!!!

I've been bouncing SINCE last saturday in anticipation of seeing them again this saturday!!!! :lol:

Sadly it's just Leeds for me on this tour, the goblin in my bank account doesn't seem to understand... still, i've manged to persuade him to lay off for a few days... Let the bouncing commence!!!
'After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say 'I want to see the manager.'
sidecar

Postby robdy2k » 24th Sep 09, 13:29

Do you think I should post my phone number here so people can call me if they find a spare ticket? Is that advisable mods? Is this a stupid question?
It's better to regret something you have done than something you haven't done.
robdy2k

Postby Sarc » 24th Sep 09, 13:49

I wouldnt if I where you, we cant stop you but I don;t think it wise.
Not sent from my fucking iphone.

The Wicked Mod of the South.

Go here you might like it.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Eureka_Machines/index.php
Sarc

Postby vickyp » 24th Sep 09, 20:41

robdy2k wrote:Do you think I should post my phone number here so people can call me if they find a spare ticket? Is that advisable mods? Is this a stupid question?

I agree with Sarcyboy, this is a public forum and although it's just us Wildhearts fans posting on here (and everyone knows Wildhearts fans are the best examples of humanity possible), it is still public and anyone can see it, whether they login or not.

Best thing to do would be to ask anyone who knows of a spare ticket to send you a private message, then if you make sure you have it set to e-mail you when you get a message you will get an e-mail straight away.
vickyp

Postby vickyp » 25th Sep 09, 21:57

And for afters:
Tomorrow seems to be quite the night to be out in town. For those looking to go on somewhere else after the gig, there are a multitude of options, including 3 rock nights:

At the Cockpit after the gig is the Garage, 1 room mainstream rock, 1 room indie and 1 room metal. It's £5 in but £2 off with a ticket for the gig. (Click link for more info)

Over at Rio's is Rock of Ages/Trash Alley, with a mouthwatering playlist for those who can be bothered to change venues. They're having a special launch night with giveaways and drinks offers.

Also at Fab Cafe they are holding a Zombie Prom. If you like green skin, fake blood and cheesy music then you may be lured here. Don't expect to come home with all your limbs (or brains).
vickyp

Postby Sarc » 25th Sep 09, 22:59

vickyp wrote: Don't expect to come home with all your limbs (or brains).

Normal night out in Leeds that isnt it?
Not sent from my fucking iphone.

The Wicked Mod of the South.

Go here you might like it.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Eureka_Machines/index.php
Sarc

Postby Col » 25th Sep 09, 23:23

We had a crackin nite at the cockpit a month or 2 ago. We had been on the piss for 13 hours tho.
Col

Postby vickyp » 26th Sep 09, 00:49

Sarc wrote:
vickyp wrote: Don't expect to come home with all your limbs (or brains).

Normal night out in Leeds that isnt it?

In the city centre, yes.
vickyp

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Live