Leeds gig Sat 26th

Tour dates, reviews, meetups, live photos...

Leeds gig Sat 26th

Postby vickyp » 21st Sep 09, 18:44

Who's coming to the Leeds gig then? So far we've got me, Mr P, Uncle Steve P, Col, Martin with the bouncy head, Sidecar, hoodedclaw (& clan?), Slamdunk77 + Mo and Nik plus his miserable mate, Mr + Mrs Santiago, Trudi and maybe robdy2k (if he can get tickets).

Doors are at 7pm and from what I hear this gig is now sold out! :D

Uncle P will be too busy beforehand watching some grown men in shorts chase a pig's bladder around a muddy field, but I'm sure the rest of us can assemble some sort of plan for a meet up beforehand.
Last edited by vickyp on 23rd Sep 09, 21:43, edited 7 times in total.
Zorro won't build me a time machine
vickyp

Postby slamdunk77 » 21st Sep 09, 18:54

Hey
we are comin over from Huddersfield with some mates around 4pm.
this is us that mattie posted following the notts gig:
"and a very enthusiastic scottish lady plus partner who's names I don't think were ever mentioned."!!!
don't know leeds that well so name some pubs and we'll be there
cheers
dunk + mo
SLAMDUNK77
slamdunk77

Postby Nik » 21st Sep 09, 19:35

Will be there with my miserable bastard mate who hates all gigs and doesn't see why we have to go and see The Wildhearts every bloody time they tour... :lol:
Nik

Postby hoodedclaw » 21st Sep 09, 20:09

We'll be there Vicky, but probably not early enough for a pre-gig meet.
One Two Sandwich
hoodedclaw

Re: Leeds gig Sat 26th

Postby Col » 21st Sep 09, 20:11

vickyp wrote:Uncle P & Col are going to be too busy beforehand watching some grown men in shorts chase a pig's bladder around a muddy field, but I'm sure the rest of us can assemble some sort of plan for a meet up beforehand.

Am I shite!!! I aint watchin the barcodes.

I will be travelling with my mate Martin. He missed almost all of the Nottingham gig when he slipped on the steps and ended up in an ambulance. He feels like he has been run over but will be fit n well by Saturday for sure. Think i may be driving tho.
Col

Postby vickyp » 21st Sep 09, 20:37

Sorry Col, my mistake. Edited it now! I hope your mate Martin is feeling better, I heard someone took a tumble down some stairs.
vickyp

Postby Mattie » 21st Sep 09, 20:47

slamdunk77 wrote:Hey
we are comin over from Huddersfield with some mates around 4pm.
this is us that mattie posted following the notts gig:
"and a very enthusiastic scottish lady plus partner who's names I don't think were ever mentioned."!!!
don't know leeds that well so name some pubs and we'll be there
cheers
dunk + mo

Ahhh, well now I know who you are on here... it was nice to meet you both, kept me entertained when there wasn't music :D

And Col - best wishes towards your mate managing to see the whole set this time!
ImageImage
Mattie

Postby vickyp » 21st Sep 09, 21:31

Ok I'm trying to think where would best be suitable.

The Scarborough is a big old traditional pub between the station and the Cockpit, that would be roomy enough. It's no nonsense, it's just a pub.

Also there's the Brewery Tap, which is a new-ish place also in the same area which is run by the Leeds Brewery. They make their own lager on the premises, which means to have a meet up there would quite literally be a piss-up in a brewery. (appeals to my logic anyway!) They do good ales too, it's not just lager. http://www.brewerytapleeds.co.uk/

Thirdly there's The Shed, which is also fairly new. This sounds more to our tastes musically but it's pretty tucked away and hard to find from what I can tell, haven't been there but maybe someone else has? Fancy cocktails apparently http://www.theshedbar.co.uk/

Any other suggestions?
vickyp

Spare tickets?

Postby robdy2k » 22nd Sep 09, 09:49

Hi

I posted in another thread but seen as this is a Leeds thread too I wondered if anyone had a spare or possibly two for this now sold out show?

I need one desperately, two would be perfect!

Please PM me!

THANKS

PS - of course I'll be there with about five mates!
It's better to regret something you have done than something you haven't done.
robdy2k

Postby markE » 22nd Sep 09, 10:13

vickyp wrote: They make their own lager on the premises, which means to have a meet up there would quite literally be a piss-up in a brewery.
(=

you will never get that organised :oops:
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Postby Andy Santiago » 22nd Sep 09, 10:42

Mrs Santiago and I shall be present.
Dreads, nose ring and probably some form of Pro-Satan/Black Metal T shirt? That'll be me!
"So I fucked your sister,
Tried it on with your mother,
Kicked the shit out of your brother
But darling, I always loved you."

Love Song #666
Andy Santiago

Postby Trudi » 22nd Sep 09, 13:40

markE wrote:. They make their own lager on the premises, which means to have a meet up there would quite literally be a piss-up in a brewery. (=

you will never get that organised :oops:

I think if anyone could organise that, the good people of this board could :D
Trudi

Postby Little Hell » 22nd Sep 09, 22:08

I would vote for the Scarborough, purely because it's the easiest to find especially for those coming from the station (I always seem to walk past the brewery tap, even though I know where it is!). Although I'm not sure how busy it will be on a Saturday... if memory serves correctly, that one always used to be busier during the week with the post-work crowd drinking in there.
Little Hell

Postby vickyp » 22nd Sep 09, 22:32

Yeah, it is easiest to find by a long shot. I've just checked and Leeds United are playing away on Saturday, so shouldn't be too busy. Shall we say the Scarborough then?
(It'll be easy to remember the name if you just think of being on a freezing cold windswept cliff...)

Here's a handy map for folk traveling from out of town: Clicky here!
vickyp

Postby robdy2k » 22nd Sep 09, 22:49

I'm down with the Scarborough too! Will be in there looking for an extra ticket for the bloody show - I'm such a fuck up for letting it sell out and letting my friend down! GRRR!!! For all the peeps who are down there for the meet up, can you give me a shout if you hear of a ticket going spare!

Thanks
It's better to regret something you have done than something you haven't done.
robdy2k

Next

Return to Wildhearts Live