GASS question

Albums, singles, songs and general Ginger banter

GASS question

Postby earthvs » 15th Sep 15, 17:53

Been out of the loop for a long, long time.

I'm wondering if the GASS club is still active and if so, can I still purchase physical copies of the singles if I joined up at this point?

I am totally aware that I've missed the club's year-long activity period by some months now, but I would still like to slip some cash Ginger's way if it's possible.

I've read the FAQs on the site and there's still the facility to register and pay the membership fee, but if the club's no longer active and I'm not able to purchase any CDs via the site itself, I don't want to bother doing that, obviously.

If I can't any longer buy any of the singles (I'm not that interested in the downloads as my main purchase item), does anyone know where I may be able to obtain legal copies of them? Quite a few 555%s and Albions pop up on eBay from time to time, so maybe there's a few copies of the GASS singles floating about?

Thanks.
"Do you honestly think you can grow wings with those restricting robes?"
earthvs

Re: GASS question

Postby Zoloft » 16th Sep 15, 00:43

There are no physical CDs of the singles. The only way to get physical product is the pledgemusic best of. . . shit of a shame too. . .
"Be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut paraphrased from his novel "Mother Night."
Zoloft

Postby earthvs » 16th Sep 15, 19:09

Zoloft wrote:There are no physical CDs of the singles. The only way to get physical product is the pledgemusic best of. . . shit of a shame too. . .

Oh, ok. Thanks for the reply.

I read the FAQ on the GASS site which states:
"Will there be a CD or vinyl available? There will be an option to buy a physical CD/vinyl on the merch store, for people who like to have a physical copy. If you want a CD/vinyl but don't want to pay to join the club then have a member order one for you."
I assumed that meant the new songs as they are/were released, but at least that explains why I cannot track any copies down.

If downloads are the only option, do you know if they are still available on the GASS site if I signed up at this point?
Failing that i'll have to settle for the Pledge compilation.

Thanks anyway.
"Do you honestly think you can grow wings with those restricting robes?"
earthvs

Postby Zoloft » 17th Sep 15, 14:09

I do believe it was the original intent to make physical product of the whole thing, it just never happened, the best of only. I was under that exact same impression.

Ginger has said he intends to keep the gass site, and it's downloads, available forever, so, yes, you can sign up now at the base level, and get all the downloads still.
"Be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut paraphrased from his novel "Mother Night."
Zoloft

Return to Ginger Music and General Chat