Hello, this is Ginger Wildheart - the real one.

Albums, singles, songs and general Ginger banter

Re: Hello, this is Ginger Wildheart - the real one.

Postby Ginger » 12th Dec 14, 13:51

Yeah, Ritch Battersby got me to watch John Dies At The End. Mr B has exceptionally good taste in movies, and this was no exception. I loved that he told me nothing about it either.

Tried watching it again recently and it doesn't work a second time. I wanted to watch This Is The End (2013) but fear the same thing will happen with a repeat of that one too.

Watched God Bless America (2011) last night, and that was a lot of fun for something I wasn't expecting much from. I recommend that for fans of very twisted comedy, a-la Super (2010).

Gx
Ginger

Postby scully » 12th Dec 14, 14:05

Found me old password so here I am.

Horror movies, eh? I'm off to a special screening of Charlie's Farm tomorrow. It's director Chris Sun's 3rd feature, stars Bill Mosely and was made just north here of sunny Brisbane.

And for some unknown reason also features Tara Reid. Will report back...

Can't Watch This?
...and you will know me by the trail of dead...dead...dead...dead...
scully

Postby Ginger » 12th Dec 14, 14:50

Hmmmm...looks like a hairier Wolf Creek to me, but I'm hoping you'll come back and say it was amazing!

Gx
Ginger

Postby buddhafella » 12th Dec 14, 17:18

Not a horror movie but Religulous is great. It's a documentary by Bill Maher about, well, religion. Its funny and scary in equal measure.
buddhafella

Postby Knetan » 12th Dec 14, 17:28

I've eaglerly followed Bobcat Goldthwait's path as director and God Bless America is a fun satire, even if on the nose. Still think World's Greatest Dad is him at the height of his storytelling and satirical powers.

John Dies At The End was really fun, imaginative, unpredictable and I'm very pleased Coscarelli still has juice left in him. Whether it at all represents the book well, I don't know.
Knetan

Postby Metalgordy » 15th Dec 14, 11:26

Hey Ginger,

Frontiers is a great movie

Gordie
Metalgordy

Postby MattR » 15th Dec 14, 15:05

God Bless America is great I'll second that....in a Sightseers kind of way, a kind of down played performance, and bloody!
MattR

Postby fabrice » 16th Dec 14, 17:09

Happy birthday Ginger! Have a blast for your birthday bash tonight at the Forum. X :D ;)
fabrice

Postby Knetan » 26th Dec 14, 20:14

So ignoring all the rumblings elsewhere and looking ahead to GOOD things to come, is the actual writing of the book done or close to done Ginger and are you in some kind of assembling stage now of photographs, layout etc?
Knetan

Postby Humbug » 29th Dec 14, 17:49

The pledge site (which I ordered the book from) states it is 288 pages, so it must be a fair way along.

I've been absent from this forum (and having a break from Ginger's music, to concentrate my hobby of audio recording on other bands that allow open taping*), but the quality of his songwriting always brings me back again, nice to be back onboard.

* http://archive.org/bookmarks/Humbug66 is where around 1/20th of the stuff I've taped is located. **

** a change in taping policy by Ginger would be very welcome, I'm not expecting anything at this stage.
Humbug

Postby Daisy22 » 28th Apr 17, 13:19

Hello there! I'm Daisy and newbie in this community , so can anybody tell me about the upcoming concert or event, because i really want to attend this concert .
Daisy22

Postby Andy » 28th Apr 17, 19:23

Daisy22 wrote:Hello there! I'm Daisy and newbie in this community , so can anybody tell me about the upcoming concert or event, because i really want to attend this concert .

This is the place to go for any help and info - https://www.facebook.com/groups/350448578333546/
Andy

Previous

Return to Ginger Music and General Chat