ERROR 500

Albums, singles, songs and general Ginger banter

ERROR 500

Postby shadow » 5th Jan 13, 22:23

Musically challenging ,technically brilliant ,many will find it too much of a battering to the senses but me I am loving it .Can't decide on favourites yet after a half dozen listens on repeat,so many highlights
shadow

Re: ERROR 500

Postby bzzr-w » 6th Jan 13, 08:11

What he said *Points up*

It's a sodding mess, but what a beautiful one at that. And I'd just started to dissect The Frankenstein Effect too. Now I have a headfull of more noise :o
bzzr-w

Postby James S » 7th Jan 13, 16:24

Too much of a battering to the senses for me I'm afraid. Moreso than the Frankenstein Effect which I could listen too. I'll battle on to the end but I'm finding it hard going. Happy to have supported it but it's not really my thing, preferring the loud as fuck pop stylings of Hey! Hello!
James S

Postby Keith Richard » 8th Jan 13, 00:10

James S wrote:Too much of a battering to the senses for me I'm afraid. Moreso than the Frankenstein Effect which I could listen too. I'll battle on to the end but I'm finding it hard going. Happy to have supported it but it's not really my thing, preferring the loud as fuck pop stylings of Hey! Hello!

What he said. Cannot see me ever getting into it although there are some pretty nice moments.
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby Ross » 8th Jan 13, 10:59

The more I listen to it, the more I like it, and you can start to hear some of the ideas and tunes behind the noise. It's challenging, and wilfully obtuse, but I kinda like that, being a fan of Cardiacs and Mike Patton, I'm used to being thrown curveballs.

Out of the lot, I think that Frankenstein Effect is a stone cold classic. The more I listen to it, the more I love it, it's that good. Hey Hello is alright. The stand out moment is Punk Wars and the rest is pretty throwaway pop. Good pop, but nothing that'll change my world. TFE is just on another level.
Ross

Postby shadow » 9th Jan 13, 00:51

Lovin both Mutation albums so much and can't stop playin them.Of the two I think I like Error the most, some insane stuff goin on there, but at the moment Compass Point is an absolutely memorable killer track that I can't get out of my head! Would travel anywhere to see Mutation live like!
shadow

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 12th Jan 13, 19:04

Ross wrote:
Out of the lot, I think that Frankenstein Effect is a stone cold classic. The more I listen to it, the more I love it, it's that good. Hey Hello is alright. The stand out moment is Punk Wars and the rest is pretty throwaway pop. Good pop, but nothing that'll change my world. TFE is just on another level.

I would say Hey! Hello! is beautifully crafted pop rather than throwaway. Error 500 on the other hand I don't think I can get into. It concerns me that Ginger says his heart lies in extreme music, I'm not even sure I'd pledge for another Mutation album. TFE is decent enough but it doesn't really connect with me like Ginger's previous works, it has some great choruses and moments that I like but I think for me it's one of those 'need to be in the right mood to listen to' albums.
Or you make some kind of robot to get us help, or a homing device, or build a new battery..
Jason_scorching_past

Postby DangerousBeans » 18th Jan 13, 12:46

The more i'm listening to Eroor 500 the less i'm liking it.Don't get me wrong it has some cracking riffs etc but as someone who was never a fan of The Cardiacs or too much at the heavier end of the spectrum it all just seems a bit too frantic for me.
The more i hear it the more muddled it seems to become.

I do love The Frankenstein Effect though.
Seems such a shame but it kept us entertained

Darren Brodie
DangerousBeans

Postby Mattie » 19th Jan 13, 20:41

DangerousBeans wrote:The more i hear it the more muddled it seems to become.

I'm not coming from a background of listening to heavy stuff, so at first E500 was a little bewildering.

But it's the total opposite for me. I've been restricted to listening through headphones for the most part, but I've got to the stage where it just doesn't seem that heavy, and Frankenstein Effect is kids play in terms of 'extreme'! (I know it isn't really)
ImageImage
Mattie

Postby pinnick » 17th Mar 13, 16:11

I think I had to listen to Error 500 at least 5 times before it started to grow on me. The only song I tend to skip is "Mutations". That song annoys me for some reason.
"Watching DVDs of tits and ass..."
pinnick

Postby nadgers » 22nd Mar 13, 01:01

For me, Error 500 has hit a spot no other album by anyone ever has hit! It's like the noise in my head has been telepathically sucked out and somehow made real.

I genuinely hardly slept for 2 weeks after fisrt hearing it, it's so catchy to my ears.

TFE, on the other hand, has it's moments but seems like a bit of a mishmash of ideas, whereas Error 500 feels a lot more cohesive. Really excited to see (hear) where Mutation can go next.

EDIT: From TFE special note is made of the incredible songs Lively Boy and Rats. Almost perfect.
nadgers

Postby kitescreech » 5th Jun 13, 18:52

Ive managed to listen to "frankenstein" a few times, it has its moments but Im not loving it. As for "500"; christ, Ive manged 3/4 of a listen and nearly threw it out the window. Ginger has made some of my favourite music, but this...I can appreciate the musicianship and effort thats gone into it, but its just a bloody racket Im afraid. :nope:
"Today is different and tomorow the same"
kitescreech

Return to Ginger Music and General Chat