Frankenstein Effect

Albums, singles, songs and general Ginger banter

Frankenstein Effect

Postby lost johnny » 26th Dec 12, 21:08

Bloody great, way more catchy than I expected and compliments Hey! Hello! totally man. Really looking forward to getting properly in to this... If second disc is as good then we MUST have Mutation presented live...er, please.
"I'm living in a nightmare she's looking like a wet dream
I got myself a Cadillac but I can't afford the gasoline."
lost johnny

Re: Frankenstein Effect

Postby shadow » 29th Dec 12, 00:17

Amazeballs album and just my cuppa . Have to admit to not being into HH one little bit ,just ain't into poppy stuff at all and it makes me think that perhaps we ain't giving enough credit to the vast array of musicians on this.Kinda suspect that Ginger owes much to the creativity of his band members although he will be reaping the benefits and the credit.Whadya think? Does anybody even come on here anymore? All credit to Ginger for pulling it all together btw.
shadow

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 29th Dec 12, 22:14

I dont reckon thats the case, I suspect these songs are mostly born of Ginger's writing, he can write anything from out and out pop to pure metal. Maybe there is more of a band effort going on with Mutation but I wouldn't be surprised if it's mostly his songwriting.

I like Hey Hello more than TFE. TFE is growing on me with more listens but it's just a little bit too heavy for my tastes, I love that Wham City cover though and like some of the more catchy tracks like Carrion Blue, Lively Boy and Rats. I knew this would be the case when I pledged so it doesnt bother me at all. In fact I like it more than I thought I would.

Most Wildhearts chat these days is on the facebook page. I find it gets a bit jumbled following all the different "threads" though.
Or you make some kind of robot to get us help, or a homing device, or build a new battery..
Jason_scorching_past

Postby Keith Richard » 30th Dec 12, 14:40

I am digging Mutation WAY more than I expected. If you turn the clock back, this is clearly all Ginger's ideas and work. How he created this, 555% and Hey, Hello, is beyond my comprehension. 52 fully released tracks in one year and personally, I may skip 4 or 5. He continues to deliver quality and now quantity. All that plus he's delivered the biggest middle finger to the so called "music industry". "Fuck all you experts"! Happy new year Ginger.
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby shadow » 30th Dec 12, 20:57

Oh yeah I can see a lot of Ginger in the structure of TFE , melody lines ,hooks etc. but the music is way more leftfield in terms of odd time signatures(Denzel) and "nu-metal" influences(Hawk Eyes/PABH guests) , can hear lots of "Cardiacs-esque" influences(Jon Poole),there have been quotes of Rich Jones,Scott Lee Andrews and Denzel riffs/songs- so I really can't see how anyone can say it's clearly all Ginger's work and ideas.This ain't a dig btw-nobody else coulda pulled it all together- testament to the man's stature. By the sound of it Error 500 will have even more band/guest input.
shadow

Postby benwalton » 30th Dec 12, 22:40

shadow wrote:can hear lots of "Cardiacs-esque" influences(Jon Poole)

Fair point, Ginger said that he had nothing to do with GruntWhore.

Nitpick: Jon Poole is not on Frankenstein Effect. All the bass was played by Tom Spencer and Dom Lawson
and just last week as i was clearing shit from off my shelf...
benwalton

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 31st Dec 12, 17:20

shadow wrote:Oh yeah I can see a lot of Ginger in the structure of TFE , melody lines ,hooks etc. but the music is way more leftfield in terms of odd time signatures(Denzel) and "nu-metal" influences(Hawk Eyes/PABH guests) , can hear lots of "Cardiacs-esque" influences(Jon Poole),there have been quotes of Rich Jones,Scott Lee Andrews and Denzel riffs/songs- so I really can't see how anyone can say it's clearly all Ginger's work and ideas.This ain't a dig btw-nobody else coulda pulled it all together- testament to the man's stature. By the sound of it Error 500 will have even more band/guest input.

Yeah on second thoughts I guess they could have added to the songwriting. I never really know how much someone has to bring to a song for them to have a writing credit, we will find out when the cd is with us. I saw on Pledge it says Gruntwhore written by Mutation but doesnt say anything about who wrote/contributed to Lively Boy and Carrion Blue.

Not being a musician I don't know what difference it makes when you have people guest on say guitar for a song, if they dont write anything and just play the song wouldn't it just sound the same as if Ginger played it himself?
Or you make some kind of robot to get us help, or a homing device, or build a new battery..
Jason_scorching_past

Postby shadow » 1st Jan 13, 21:57

oh man!Pretty sure the lyrics on Compass Point are a face-off between a Geordie and a Scouser... would love a lyric sheet for the album.Favourite track for the past two days this one, absolute stormer!
shadow

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 5th Jan 13, 17:58

Looks like Ginger has confirmed on Formspring that the first Mutation album is mostly his writing/arrangement and Mutation 2 is more of a collective effort on the songwriting front.

I think I spoke too soon as on further listens I'm getting into some of the other tracks too, like Friday Night Drugs. I dig that cheerleader bit then the melodic chorus bursting through. I'm even coming round to Gruntwhore and generally don't like that screamy vocal style of the EI singer.

Wham City, I'm listening to over and over.
Jason_scorching_past

Postby vickyp » 6th Jan 13, 00:40

I'm re-listening to this now and I really like Gruntwhore. It's not my usual kinda thing but for this project I'm happy to put that on one side and as a result I'm loving both Mutation albums. Think Gruntwhore is a highlight now.
Zorro won't build me a time machine
vickyp

Postby pinnick » 15th Feb 13, 13:17

Can anyone make out what the cheerleaders are saying in this track?

It sounds like "poop on the fudge/poop on the fudge" but I'm pretty sure that's not it. :D

Jason_scorching_past wrote:
I think I spoke too soon as on further listens I'm getting into some of the other tracks too, like Friday Night Drugs. I dig that cheerleader bit then the melodic chorus bursting through.
"Watching DVDs of tits and ass..."
pinnick

Postby Mattie » 18th Feb 13, 17:28

ImageImage
Mattie

Postby pinnick » 12th Mar 13, 13:25

Ok...can anyone supply an English translation for a hapless Yank?
pinnick

Postby vickyp » 12th Mar 13, 20:36

It's German for 'Blood or Meat/Flesh'
Zorro won't build me a time machine
vickyp

Postby pinnick » 12th Mar 13, 20:51

Thanks, Vicky!
pinnick