Deep In The Arms Of Morpheus

Albums, singles, songs and general Ginger banter

Deep In The Arms Of Morpheus

Postby mike1913 » 18th Aug 12, 21:16

Does anyone feel sorry for the people who didn't pledge and will have missed out on Deep In The Arms Of Morpheus?
mike1913

Re: Deep In The Arms Of Morpheus

Postby Zoloft » 19th Aug 12, 01:58

I'm more sorry for the people who missed Very Very Slow!
"Be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut paraphrased from his novel "Mother Night."
Zoloft

Postby mike1913 » 19th Aug 12, 09:07

Zoloft wrote:I'm more sorry for the people who missed Very Very Slow!

Yep, if they made it to one of the Download warm-up shows, they must have been thinking, "what is this classic tune I haven't heard before"
mike1913

Postby Assmask » 19th Aug 12, 13:09

Really? I think V V Slow is the weakest song on the album by a mile.

It comes across a lot better live, and the segue into ************** is a nice touch, but it's a massive step down in quality viewed against the other 29 tracks. If you compare it to songs of a similar ilk such as Shut Your Fucking Mouth etc it's not up to par.

That's just my subjective opinion of course, however it's also irrefutable fact.
8==m==D
8=m===D
8===m=D
8m====D--=__

The Big Grizzly

https://www.facebook.com/biggrizzlyband
Assmask

Postby Ross » 20th Aug 12, 09:54

Assmask wrote:Really? I think V V Slow is the weakest song on the album by a mile.

It comes across a lot better live, and the segue into ************** is a nice touch, but it's a massive step down in quality viewed against the other 29 tracks. If you compare it to songs of a similar ilk such as Shut Your Fucking Mouth etc it's not up to par.

That's just my subjective opinion of course, however it's also irrefutable fact.

I am agree
Ross

Postby Dark Lord of Barnet » 20th Aug 12, 12:38

I love 'Very Very Slow'! It's so different to anything else on the 3 CDs and never fails to bring a big smile to my face! :mrgreen: I'm sure most people who drive have felt just like this.
"and don't forget the joker!"

Dark Lord of Barnet
Dark Lord of Barnet

Postby vanrad » 21st Aug 12, 17:30

I also love VV Slow. You think they would have slipped it onto the CD, just due to its time length. It's a great punky pop song.

I thought all the new stuff came over live, really well at the show in Glasgow anyway. I thought 'Another Spinning Flipping Rainbow' would flop live but it actually was truly magnificient as the album version.

I feel sorry for people missing 'The End'. That is a tremendous song with huge production... but hey that's democracy.
vanrad

Postby Zoloft » 21st Aug 12, 17:56

I was hoping Very Very Slow would have been used as an unlisted bonus track, it just has that sort of feel to it.
"Be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut paraphrased from his novel "Mother Night."
Zoloft

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 26th Aug 12, 18:42

It's weird to read Ginger's thoughts on Morpheus, comes across like he thinks it's cheesy and doesn't particularly like it. I can see that it has quite a traditional rock ballad sound but there's something magic about it and I love that ending where you can hear CJ joining in on the backing vocal.

I think Very Very Slow on the other hand is a filler comedy track and the very essence of b-side material and I don't mean that in the usual Wildhearts sense, it shows it was written in five minutes in the studio.

There's plenty of other superior songs that they have missed out on - Northern Cardinal, Something Wrong.., Baby Skies.
Or you make some kind of robot to get us help, or a homing device, or build a new battery..
Jason_scorching_past

Postby thegweywabbit » 30th Aug 12, 23:53

Deep In The Arms Of Morpheus = all time classic
Very Very Slow = the only filler track on 555%
Rooting 4 THE WILDHEARTS!!!
jd
thegweywabbit

Postby Ross » 31st Aug 12, 13:49

Deep in the Arms of Morpheus - a very good song
Very Very Slow - Very Very Poor
Return of the Northern Cardinal - rapidly becoming one of my favourite songs ever
Ross

Return to Ginger Music and General Chat