Triple album, what we know so far..

Albums, singles, songs and general Ginger banter

Re: Triple album, what we know so far..

Postby lost johnny » 11th Jun 12, 20:48

Ok, cheers for that - my old lady is a wildlife artist so I like to keep an eye open for intersting references (she's painted a few owls in her time, and how often do you get to type that on a rock forum!).
"I'm living in a nightmare she's looking like a wet dream
I got myself a Cadillac but I can't afford the gasoline."
lost johnny

Postby dds14 » 24th Jun 12, 10:15

My pledge CD has arrived - not listened to the CDs yet but the packaging is simply stunning - a massive class above any normal CD.

I find a lot of the album is still growing on me - despite being one of the biggest critics of Westward Ho it's like one of those things like watching the X-factor or shagging the ex that you know you shouldn't do but can't stop yourself.
dds14

Postby Dark Lord of Barnet » 24th Jun 12, 23:02

My 555% arrived yesterday and I really like the packaging, although I'm wondering how durable the paper bits the actual CDs slip into will be? :hmmm: Been really enjoying listening to the CDs this weekend, although I downloaded the MP3s when they became available. The special packaging makes the album that much more pleasurable to own - as if the music didn't do that already. :mrgreen:
"and don't forget the joker!"

Dark Lord of Barnet
Dark Lord of Barnet

Postby dds14 » 25th Jun 12, 10:34

Does your (or anyone else's) CD play OK in a CD player?

Have put mine into my car CD player and it's skipping on the first couple of tracks of CD1?

I can't see any obvious scratches on the CD but it's annoying enough to be noticable..! I assume it's just my copy rather than a production issue but wondered if anyone else had the same issue?
dds14

Postby Ean » 25th Jun 12, 10:54

dds14 wrote:Does your (or anyone else's) CD play OK in a CD player?

Have put mine into my car CD player and it's skipping on the first couple of tracks of CD1?

I can't see any obvious scratches on the CD but it's annoying enough to be noticable..! I assume it's just my copy rather than a production issue but wondered if anyone else had the same issue?

Does it do it in other players as well?

It's unlikely, but it might just be 'a thing' with that one player - I used to have a Discman that wouldn't play Metallica's Load properly (Good taste, I hear you say? ;P ), but it was OK in everything else. :shrug:
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby WiredOut » 25th Jun 12, 17:57

Re CD1 skipping: I noticed that my Blu-ray player played it the first time I tried it, then couldn't detect track 1 on about the next 4 attempts, before playing it again. Just since the question was asked.

While I'm here, does anyone have a scan of the Kerrang! 100% review? Sounds like it may have been a bit negative from what's been mentioned on Formspring?
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Postby Ean » 25th Jun 12, 18:05

Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby WiredOut » 25th Jun 12, 18:11

Ha ha, thanks Ean...are you getting faster? ;)
WiredOut

Postby Ean » 25th Jun 12, 18:13

Haha, alas no. Had it ready but hadn't got round to posting it yet.

Here's the Bizarre review too.

Re. The CD, haven't actually played mine yet, so I assume they're OK, but...
Ean Ü

Ean

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 25th Jun 12, 20:42

Disappointing Kerrang! review, I know when I used to read it, and went by their reviews I'd generally dismiss anything 3k and under. Their suggested tracks are the two I like the least on 100% too.
Or you make some kind of robot to get us help, or a homing device, or build a new battery..
Jason_scorching_past

Postby WiredOut » 25th Jun 12, 22:21

Jason_scorching_past wrote:Disappointing Kerrang! review, I know when I used to read it, and went by their reviews I'd generally dismiss anything 3k and under. Their suggested tracks are the two I like the least on 100% too.

Aren't Taste Aversion and Beautifully, Blissfully Unsettled the 2 tracks Ginger has said he would've swapped out of 100% for The End and um...something else? Northern Cardinal, maybe? Think Paul Travers here basically wanted a WH album from the sounds of it.
WiredOut

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 25th Jun 12, 23:38

WiredOut wrote:Aren't Taste Aversion and Beautifully, Blissfully Unsettled the 2 tracks Ginger has said he would've swapped out of 100% for The End and um...something else? Northern Cardinal, maybe? Think Paul Travers here basically wanted a WH album from the sounds of it.

Yes that's right, I wonder what he would have made of the album with those two tracks on instead.

I suppose it's difficult to be subjective when we have been in from the start and all own 555% and have listened to these songs so intently over the last weeks, but I just looked at the tracklist again for 100% and can't see how anyone could call that collection of songs 'average' which is what 3k means I think.
Or you make some kind of robot to get us help, or a homing device, or build a new battery..
Jason_scorching_past

Postby dds14 » 27th Jun 12, 19:44

Ean wrote:Does it do it in other players as well?

It's unlikely, but it might just be 'a thing' with that one player - I used to have a Discman that wouldn't play Metallica's Load properly (Good taste, I hear you say? ;P ), but it was OK in everything else. :shrug:

Tried it in my PC CD drive but my girlfriend was distracting me so I couldn't make out whether it did or not (sure it sounded better)...will just have to listen again 8-)
dds14

Postby Zoloft » 27th Jun 12, 20:36

Something is wrong with CD ONE for me too, I rip all my CDs to my hard drive, so I don't have to take the chance of damaging them, and though CD TWO and CD THREE rip with no issues, CD ONE gives me errors when I try to rip it. . . hummmmm. . .
"Be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut paraphrased from his novel "Mother Night."
Zoloft

Postby Mattie » 28th Jun 12, 13:17

Mine have ripped pefectly fine, all of them, no errors.
ImageImage
Mattie

PreviousNext

Return to Ginger Music and General Chat