Triple album, what we know so far..

Albums, singles, songs and general Ginger banter

Re: Triple album, what we know so far..

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 5th Jun 12, 23:31

Is this a wind-up? Ginger wrote virtually all of The Wildhearts songs, even where it's a band credit they are basically his songs aside from a couple written by CJ and Scott.

I wouldn't call you a Wildhearts purist as you seem to be clueless about them.
Or you make some kind of robot to get us help, or a homing device, or build a new battery..
Jason_scorching_past

Postby Mattie » 6th Jun 12, 00:13

The best thing I can say about that post is that it's strong in it's convictions, but weak in virtually every other area.
ImageImage
Mattie

Postby Keith Richard » 6th Jun 12, 00:23

Megamax wrote:It actually saddens me that someone would compose pop music when pop is just a plain awful genre.

Genre of what exactly? Please give us (another) laugh and provide your definition of "pop" and explain why you find it so offensive, Do yourself a favour and avoid mentioning specific artists. Focus on style and delivery.
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby Nojahoda » 6th Jun 12, 18:54

Seriously, why post that if you're not trolling?

Wildhearts fan, not a Ginger fan - that's a perfectly fine opinion to hold (how anyone can dislike SG5 is beyond me, though). If all you want is Rock & Metal then most of Gingers output isn't for you. He's on record on formspring as being a Bee Gees and Abba fan, so it's hardly surprising that some of those influences come through. (Just listen to the diversity of bands & artists namechecked in 29x the Pain - Queen, Jason Ringeberg, Beatles, Ramones...).

I'd be disappointed if a Wildhearts album didn't sound like The Wildhearts, but if it's something else, take it for what it is and don't expect a Wildhearts album. Maybe you'll like Mutation and/or Hey Hello. Or maybe not.
Nojahoda

Postby lob » 6th Jun 12, 21:30

Channel Bop - NOT - pop music! Do me a favour and listen to it FFS. Why categorise anyway? To these old ears Piss Joy is pop too. Chill, accept you won't like everything and if at all possible embrace the new because like it or not that is where he is going - he can't and won't remake Phuq forever and I wouldn't listen to him if he did.
Now available in new Grandad format
lob

Postby Ross » 7th Jun 12, 14:19

I wonder what Megamax thinks of Geordie, or Bad Time...?
Ross

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 7th Jun 12, 21:30

It's odd that he singles out John of Violence from Chutzpah when there's heavier songs on there like Chutzpah and Jackson Whites.
Or you make some kind of robot to get us help, or a homing device, or build a new battery..
Jason_scorching_past

Postby nadgers » 7th Jun 12, 21:51

Megamax wrote:My point is Ginger isn't really all that talented. I haven't heard a single Ginger Single song that was any good... Hes only really ever good with the wildhearts.

How is it Ginger's fault that you don't like his music? He's not making music for you, he's making it for people who like it. Does talent to you mean an ability to specifically make you happy? Don't listen to what you don't like and try and forget about. Noone's forcing you to listen to any "pop" or whatever general term you care to give.

Jeez!..

EDIT: By the way, pop's not a genre.
nadgers

Postby vickyp » 8th Jun 12, 22:22

Megamax wrote:I guess my point is you all give him to much credit. The stuff that is completely composed by him is poppy and uninteresting. It actually saddens me that someone would compose pop music when pop is just a plain awful genre.

Funniest post on here in ages, you signed up just to say that? I bet you hated London Calling when it came out too.

We really like 555%. We give Ginger credit for it because - hey guess what - he made it. If you don't like something that we like then I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, sorry dude.
Zorro won't build me a time machine
vickyp

Postby benwalton » 8th Jun 12, 22:29

Thing is, Ginger dabbles in that many styles there's bound to be stuff along the way that you don't like so much. That's fine, it doesn't really matter. But to say that it's uninteresting is just odd - have you even listened to Taste Aversion?
and just last week as i was clearing shit from off my shelf...
benwalton

Postby Mattie » 9th Jun 12, 00:01

That was one of the many odd things about the post - it raged against people doing something that nobody was doing!

I'd love an example of where anyone has discredited the work of the other people or played down their contributions to what we've (well, not me, but some of you old buggers) been listening to since 1992.
ImageImage
Mattie

Postby darkblue » 9th Jun 12, 11:11

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly, you signed up to a Wildhearts forum and posted on a Ginger thread, just to say the man isn't talented??

Look at me, look at me, look at me. Nobody takes any interest in me in the real world look at me!! :bounce:
darkblue

Postby Ross » 10th Jun 12, 07:17

I've written a blog on the album, after a bit of time away from it and a listen through last week.

http://thethoughtsofanowl.blogspot.co.u ... inger.html
Ross

Postby lost johnny » 10th Jun 12, 20:23

Nice piece man. On a tangential note, did you take the pic of the owl in the snow? It's a cracker.
"I'm living in a nightmare she's looking like a wet dream
I got myself a Cadillac but I can't afford the gasoline."
lost johnny

Postby Ross » 10th Jun 12, 22:14

Thanks! Nah, I just found it on the web. I needed a nice owl pic, and that was the one that worked best.
Ross

PreviousNext

Return to Ginger Music and General Chat