Postby Jason_scorching_past » 13th Sep 11, 23:37

Picked this up from formspring, correct me if any is wrong -

Producers - Ralph, Jacob and Willie
Drummers - Ritch, Denzel and Fyfe Ewing
Contributors - Willie, Jon
Guests - Cj, Chris Catalyst?
Release - Feb?
Front cover - Original TFE artwok
Songs known to appear - Deep in the Arms of Morpheous, Return of the Northern Cardinal,
Do the lonely suffer more, or less, or just the same at the point of death?
Sound/style- Wildhearts/Ginger solo but unlikely to be any heavy riff type songs or long tracks.
It will be fucking awesome

*Edited to reflect thread..
Last edited by Jason_scorching_past on 18th Sep 11, 22:55, edited 1 time in total.
Or you make some kind of robot to get us help, or a homing device, or build a new battery..
Jason_scorching_past

Re: Triple album, what we know so far..

Postby benwalton » 14th Sep 11, 01:50

I take it that means

Ralph Jezzard (EN right?)
Jacob Hansen (Chutzpah!)
Willie Dowling (all round genius and music God)
?

Good to see Fyfe out of retirement. Brilliant drummer, as are Ritch Battersby and Denzil. Also, from what I could deduce from forspring, I'd say that CJ will be more of a 'guest' than a contributor.

Also, according to Chris Catalyst's formspring (formspring.me/chrisalyst) the core band features Ginger, Willie Dowling and Jon Poole, and Mr. Catalyst is hopeful he'll be roped in to do something, be it just gang vocals or what have you.
and just last week as i was clearing shit from off my shelf...
benwalton

Postby StuWildheart » 14th Sep 11, 12:54

The song with the long title is something like 'Do the lonely suffer more, or less, or just the same at the point of death?'.

Unless I'm going mental, I'm pretty sure he played it on the last date of the 2009 tour (the one with Tony Wright supporting) in Belfast. Don't know if they squeezed it into any other dates. I remember it being a great song.
StuWildheart

Postby benwalton » 14th Sep 11, 13:41

Stu, I do remember that song title. On the other dates there was 'Return of the Northern Cardinal' which Ginger has said will see the light of day. It was VERY country. They also played 'This Too Will Pass' on that tour. Brilliant tour that one.
benwalton

Triple album, what we know so far..

Postby Owen » 15th Sep 11, 07:22

About the album cover (the one that was meant for TFE) does anybody fancy throwing their thoughts out about what it means?
My naive eyes see the cassette tape floating, possible towards heaven. The tape appears to be bleeding, possible due to the razor.
Does this symbolise death of music (cassettes are very much rip, the blood and heaven) If so it's quite appropriate as the album is financed by the fans - keeping music alive.

Feel free to lambast me if I am way off the mark!
Owen

Postby benwalton » 15th Sep 11, 12:06

Nah, i reckon it's just because it looks cool.
benwalton

Postby vanrad » 15th Sep 11, 13:13

I cannae keep up with Formspring, and there's no Search function or categories for people with many questions such as Ginger.

I thought TFE was getting a Sept / Oct release and was nothing to do with the Triple Album Pledge Project. Please shoot me (well tell me I'm wrong) if I've missed something!

I liked the idea of the heaviness on TFE and would love to hear it.
vanrad

Postby benwalton » 15th Sep 11, 13:30

TFE and Triple have nothing to do with each other. For a while it looked like TFE was never coming out, so rather than waste a perfectly good bit of art, it's now being used for Triple.

Now, word seems to be that TFE should be out in december, but that remains to be seen.
benwalton

Postby vickyp » 15th Sep 11, 21:56

benwalton wrote:Stu, I do remember that song title. On the other dates there was 'Return of the Northern Cardinal' which Ginger has said will see the light of day. It was VERY country. They also played 'This Too Will Pass' on that tour. Brilliant tour that one.

That was a brill tour. I'm very pleased to hear 'Return of the Northern Cardinal' will be making an appearance. It was very country, maybe too country for some, but I like it.
Zorro won't build me a time machine
vickyp

Postby Jeeze » 16th Sep 11, 09:35

I'm sure I read that on Formspring a while ago that the old Wildhearts song 'Truth' has been properly recorded for this release?
Jeeze

Postby benwalton » 16th Sep 11, 11:09

Wouldn't bank on it. Ginger is a man who once described re-recording old song as being like 'shoving shit back up your arse'
benwalton

Postby Ross » 16th Sep 11, 11:14

This is true, but his reasoning was "as you guys paid for it, I guess you should get what you want". And it was Deep in the Arms of Morpheus I think that's being recorded. Truth has already been recorded.
Ross

Postby Assmask » 16th Sep 11, 11:22

benwalton wrote:Wouldn't bank on it. Ginger is a man who once described re-recording old song as being like 'shoving shit back up your arse'

Could there be any better expression for anything ever?

I am still chortling.
8==m==D
8=m===D
8===m=D
8m====D--=__

The Big Grizzly

https://www.facebook.com/biggrizzlyband
Assmask

Postby Mattie » 17th Sep 11, 21:11

"What we know so far"

That it'll be fucking awesome!?
ImageImage
Mattie

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 18th Sep 11, 22:49

vickyp wrote:That was a brill tour. I'm very pleased to hear 'Return of the Northern Cardinal' will be making an appearance. It was very country, maybe too country for some, but I like it.

I think that will go straight into my top Ginger solo tracks. I absolutley loved that song, it had a beautiful melody.
Or you make some kind of robot to get us help, or a homing device, or build a new battery..
Jason_scorching_past

Next

Return to Ginger Music and General Chat