By Ean | August 28, 2009
We have a slightly unusual challenge for you guys.
The band want someone to record the intro tape that will be played before they take to the stage for the upcoming live shows.
As this was Ritchie’s idea, we’ll let him explain:
“Well, my idea was to run another comp for people to send in themselves shouting a boxing style intro for the intro tape, something like ‘Ladies and Gentlemen all the way from……blah blah blah blah……..please welcome the best rock ‘n’ roll band in the world THE WILDHEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAARTS’ etc.”
So there you have it!
The winner will get 2 Backstage Passes to the show of their choice, signed shirts and photos with the band.
Just a few conditions for your recordings:
• It needs to be a boxing style intro.
• It needs to be recorded using a decent microphone. The built-in one on your laptop or preferably better – NO mobile phone recordings.
• The recording must not be clipped or have any distortion.
• The recording must be between 15 and 30 seconds long.
• What the message says is up to you, but must start with ‘Ladies and Gentlemen’ and end with ‘…The Wildhearts!’
• It needs to be sent as a high quality MP3.
• The metadata for the file MUST include your name, email address and a phone number.
Send your entries as a high quality MP3 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject ‘Intro Tape Competition’.
Closing date for entries is Sunday 6th September.
Notes, Terms & Conditions
• ‘Metadata’ refers to the trackname/album/artist/etc. details stored as part of the MP3 file for identification purposes.
• The winner will be contacted as soon as possible after the closing date and judging has taken place.
• The name of the winner will be posted on The Wildhearts’ website – www.thewildhearts.com
• The Backstage Pass includes entry for the winner and one friend to the winner’s chosen date only. You are responsible for getting yourself to and from the venue.
• The Wildhearts’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.